6.49-40[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.39-30[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.29-20[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.19-10[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.9-0[ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 1
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/May/12, 4:30 AM | Message # 1

Heads

The Promse is a duo from Chicago, emcee Squaire Blaq and producer/emcee Mulatto Patriot.

The album is a story about a man who loses his job during the recession, his car breaks down and fucks up and loses his girlfriend, and encounters a bunch of shit until he finally gets to the unemployment office, it has a hilarious skits too and the album gets wrapped up nicely at the end, it does start off a bit slow if you're listening for the first time, but once you get to the middle I started loving the album. The production is awesome, a lot of it is jazzy and there is a lot of live instrumentation on this album, beautiful guitars, sax's and drums being played. What I also really like about this album is that every song has a dope hook and dope lyrics which is hard to find these days. There is a lot of brilliant female singers on this album, it has the balance of reflective songs and also partying having fun songs which is also hard to find these days, everything about this album is hard to find it has it all imo, it has a great message, fun party songs, great production with live instruments, great skits. Right now I have to rate it as a classic. Make sure you listen to the album all the way through if you get it. You can name your own price to download the album but you can also download it for free by putting $0.00.

Lyrics: 80/100

Squair Blaq flows dope on every track and shows a lot of versatility rapping over jazzy beats, party tracks to slow tracks

Production: 100/100

My favourite songs are:
Super Hero
Lakefront Playground
Loose Control
Dream Deffered
GO-DAP

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » The Promise - The New Deal
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: