[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
eboyd Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 1:26 AM | Message # 1

Heads
someone merged the old one with the Hip Hop Jeopardy thread so here's a new one. this is just trivia and facts though. not a game this time.

DJ Premier and Play from Kid 'n' Play have the same name (Chris Martin).

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 2:31 AM | Message # 2

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
DJ Premier and Play from Kid 'n' Play have the same name (Curtis Martin).

premo's name is Chris Martin. btw the lead singer from Coldplay and premo have the same name is that what you meant?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 2:39 AM | Message # 3

Heads
thanks. that is what i meant. they are both named Chris Martin. typo. my bad. fixed.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 2:39 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (Em_SeeD)
btw the lead singer from Coldplay and premo have the same name is that what you meant?

then all three do. it was a typo on my part.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 2:49 AM | Message # 5

Heads
everyone knows AZ had a guest appearance on the song Life's A Bitch however for some reason Nas says on the song Got Yourself A Gun "my first album had no guest appearances the outcome? im crowned the best lyricist". why did he say that when AZ clearly had a guest appearance?

Deadly-Sin Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 8:43 AM | Message # 6

Removed
DMX may act hardcore on the mic
but he use to collect butterflys
ThaScience Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 9:44 AM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Em_SeeD)
"my first album had no guest appearances the outcome? im crowned the best lyricist".

"NO FAMOUS", get it right. AZ wasn't known at the time..

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 4:17 PM | Message # 8

Rappers
KGR exposed eric B for being a fraud

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
eboyd Date: Sunday, 08/Feb/09, 5:08 PM | Message # 9

Heads
was it G Rap? crazy!

DMX lived at 1520 Sedgwick Ave. along with the rest of the original Ruff Ryders. there were infants when Herc was throwing his block parties and X's mom used to always bitch at Herc for playing his music so loud while her babies were sleeping.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Deadly-Sin Date: Monday, 16/Mar/09, 3:53 PM | Message # 10

Removed
Ghostface killa used a ghostwriter on 36chambers
i think it was deck who writ his rhymes. i know ghost didnt
cause every track with GFK sucked since 36chambers
or you could just look this up on www.wutangcorp.com check the forum
part and click "36 chamber facts" near were it has "digital underground"
Menace Date: Monday, 16/Mar/09, 5:34 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (8Diagrams)
East Coast - West Coast feud

there was no such feud in hip hop that was all lights and bullshit in the so called height of the feud MC Eiht Cypress Hill and Def Squad made a song and a video so what's up whit that ?? that shit was all out mainstreem whack beef

Chinita Date: Wednesday, 09/Dec/09, 11:40 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
DMX lived at 1520 Sedgwick Ave. along with the rest of the original Ruff Ryders. there were infants when Herc was throwing his block parties and X's mom used to always bitch at Herc for playing his music so loud while her babies were sleeping.

lol

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 2:54 AM | Message # 13

Emcees
there was no such feud in hip hop that was all lights and bullshit in the so called height of the feud MC Eiht Cypress Hill and Def Squad made a song and a video so what's up whit that ?? that shit was all out mainstreem whack beef

to an extent thats correct, but if you were a west coast rapper on the east coast, doesnt mean mu'fuckas aint out to get you. look up the video shoot for New York, New York, and dont forget the source awards where snoop shows balls and fronts the entire east coast crowd. i dont think a rapper will ever show that much heart again in history.

Also MF Grimm was on Sesame Street. he was led there because he lived in the same building as Morgan Freeman.
Vinnie Paz real name is Vincent Luvineri and has a metal plate in the roof of his mouth, which is one of the reasons why he spits the way he does.
Tupac recorded all eyes on me in about 2 weeks.
DJ Muggz is white. I know this is a little irrelevant but I found this out a few weeks ago and was shocked, doesn't change my opinion but had no clue, thought he was Mexican.

Added (10/Dec/09, 0:07 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Last emperor was signed to Aftermath for a while.

Added (10/Dec/09, 2:54 Am)
---------------------------------------------

"my first album had no guest appearances the outcome? im crowned the best lyricist".

"NO FAMOUS", get it right. AZ wasn't known at the time..

Yo was Q-tip sampled or did he sing the hook "one love" because if he did, there was one famous brutha on there

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 10/Dec/09, 2:57 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
then all three do. it was a typo on my part.

lol there's also a famous cricket player in NZ who's name is Chris Martin, so that's 4 famous chris martin's.

Quote (abanks47)
DJ Muggz is white. I know this is a little irrelevant but I found this out a few weeks ago and was shocked, doesn't change my opinion but had no clue, thought he was Mexican.

damn i didn't know that

Eazy-E tricked The D.O.C. into selling his publishing for his album for 1 gold chain and a gold watch, D.O.C was just 19 at the time

according to DJ Yella he has two unreleased Eazy-E tracks, one was a diss to Ice Cube, i'm not sure but the other might also be a diss to him coz DJ Yella says he'll never release them

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:53 AM | Message # 15

Emcees
C'mon now I know yall no more than this. I want this shit at least at 5 pages

The trumpet at the end of Life's a Bitch is Olu Dara, Nas' father

Necro and Ill Bill are brothers

Sabac used to pass out fliers for Def Jam, and apparently met Ill Bill while doing so

Sticky Fingaz was the last to join Onyx

B.G. stands for baby gangster

The Last Emperor was signed to Aftermath for a minute

There was apparently a legendary freestyle from Canibus where he goes at it with every Wu Tang member very early on in his career. No one could touch him until they brought Killah Priest who apparently ripped it for quite a while (I remember reading something like 10-15 minutes). No actual recording is around but people speak of it as being the shit legends are made of

Jedi Mind Tricks first track as there full crew (with Vinnie, Jus and Stoupe) was a track off the the Psycho-Social album and was recorded with Black Thought. They all sound mad young (1st: Black Thought/ 2nd: Vinnie P/ 3rd: Young Ass Jus Allah)

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
Search: