[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 4:37 AM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
C'mon now I know yall no more than this. I want this shit at least at 5 pages

hence this being the New Hip Hop Trivia Thread lol! we had another one that either got too long or accidentally deleted. idr. oh well. anyways....

-2pac's birth name was Lesane Parrish Crooks
-Son Doobie is one of the original members of Cypress Hill. their reason for letting him go was that he was too young.
-Percee p put Aesop Rock on the map. in fact, the first track Aes ever released was a track with Perce:

-Perce also put DMX on. here's a session with them trading verses along with D'Nique and a few others on Stretch & Bobbito in '91 (D'Nique goes first, Percee goes next, this dude Cerrone goes third, and DMX is forth. DMX sounds hella different):

here they are talking about K-Solo jacking DMX's lyrics and trading verses:

-Percee P doesn't freestyle. his philosophy is "why release material that isn't your best?"

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 5:12 AM | Message # 17

Heads
saw this from a video a guy put up in the youtube group,

2pac did ballet dancing in high school, he also went to a priveleged high school with mostly caucausians students

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 5:17 AM | Message # 18

Emcees
hence this being the New Hip Hop Trivia Thread lol! we had another one that either got too long or accidentally deleted.

well cats need to start re-building in the current thread

MF Grimm allegedly ghost wrote for some of the Death Row artists and was introduced to The Row by Lady of Rage

RZA's bloodline can be traced back to Native Americans, and he also apparently has one of the largest families in New York, the majority of which carry the trademark speech habit

MF Doom was Zev Love X and is from England

lil bow wow can be seen in Snoop's Gin and Juice video at the beginning, he's wearing the Emmit Smith Cowboys jersey

Eddie Griffith also makes a cameo, he's the one getting out of the hot boxed car

warren g and dr. dre are step brothers

X-raided was convicted of murder because he posed with the murder weapon on his album cover

Big Lurch ate someones lung

Added (13/Dec/09, 5:17 Am)
---------------------------------------------

saw this from a video a guy put up in the youtube group,

2pac did ballet dancing in high school, he also went to a priveleged high school with mostly caucausians students

yup, peep the music video him and jada pinkett made. seemed pretty gay. also prodigy also did ballet

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 7:21 AM | Message # 19

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
well cats need to start re-building in the current thread

i feel you.

Quote (abanks47)

haha yeah! i made a thread about this a while ago. Leila Steinberg read us a letter from him in jail (i work with her). i guess he was trying to work with Pac and E-40 among others (all artists she put on) and she wouldn't let him. apparently the guy is a sociopath. the letter was full of shit talking about how he's being brought down by the system and never once did he mention the incident. sick individual for sure.

-MF Grimm has been blind, deaf and in a wheelchair all from bullet wounds. he rehabilitated himself from all ailments except for his inoperable legs. he is bound to a wheelchair but steadily recovering.
-while incarcerated and originally sentenced to life in prison, Grimm studied law and appealed his sentence. he was released after 3 years.
-Cage has a helluva life story which i wouldn't be able to begin to tell here so instead i will link his wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cage_Kennylz

-Percee P is straight-edge and has never even been drunk or buzzed or touched a cigarette to his lips in his entire life.
-Mnemonic from LA's Finest, a close friend of mine, produced a majority of Luckyiam PSC's best known album. unfortunately he is still virtually unknown.
-Atmosphere's 2008 album "When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold" made it to the #5 spot on the Billboard charts without being promoted by any major network or radio station. it sold almost 40,000 copies in a week, just under 20,000 shy of TI's album "Paper Trail" which was one of the top sellers that year and tied Common's "Finding Forever" for BET's hip hop album of the year (before Tha Carter III came out of course).
-Cam'Ron and Ma$e actually used to be good rofl :

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

YANHAP1 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 1:06 PM | Message # 20

DJs
Ricky tha Ruler and Dana Dane both went to La Guardia High School...of Fame fame.

Added (13/Dec/09, 1:00 Pm)
Dj Too Tuff of the Tuff Crews mom is Scottish.

Added (13/Dec/09, 1:06 Pm)
The famous "COMPTONS IN DA HOUSE" sample came from the otherwise unknown Dezo Daz's '87 track "Its my turn".

who killed bambi?

Uncharted Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 2:57 PM | Message # 21

Emcees
Quote (abanks47)
Jedi Mind Tricks first track as there full crew (with Vinnie, Jus and Stoupe) was a track off the the Psycho-Social album and was recorded with Black Thought.

The Roots and Jedi Mind Tricks should make a track together, that will be on some crazy shit
Quote (eboyd)
Ma$e

when was he ever good?

Added (13/Dec/09, 2:57 Pm)
Slum village

-"Players" was a actually a diss to Proof's crew (5 elementz)
-Before dilla died, the group were intended to reunite with all members (baatin, dilla,T3, elzhi)

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:01 PM | Message # 22

Heads
i don't even think cam'ron was good, his verse on that song 8 is enuff (i think that was the song) wasn't even that good to me

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:07 PM | Message # 23

Emcees
-MF Grimm has been blind, deaf and in a wheelchair all from bullet wounds. he rehabilitated himself from all ailments except for his inoperable legs. he is bound to a wheelchair but steadily recovering.
-while incarcerated and originally sentenced to life in prison, Grimm studied law and appealed his sentence. he was released after 3 years.

someone read sentences, I met dude at comic-con and wanted to ask if he really stabbed the doc in the hand but thought it would be inappropriate. prolly gunna start a thread about me meeting him

cage

homie did lead a fucked up life, seems to be coo now. will have top peep his shit

-2pac and boot camp clik allegedly have an entire album locked in a vault, they were good friends even through the "the beef"
-prodigy has sickle cell
-Bushwick Bill convinced his girlfriend to shoot him in the head

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:47 PM | Message # 24

Heads
Quote (Uncharted)
when was he ever good?

dude, check the video i posted.

Quote (Uncharted)
-Before dilla died, the group were intended to reunite with all members (baatin, dilla,T3, elzhi)

man, it's too bad that now they lost Baatin too :(

Quote (abanks47)
someone read sentences, I met dude at comic-con and wanted to ask if he really stabbed the doc in the hand but thought it would be inappropriate. prolly gunna start a thread about me meeting him

man, i'd LOVE that!

Quote (abanks47)
-2pac and boot camp clik allegedly have an entire album locked in a vault, they were good friends even through the "the beef"

i heard about this! Pac also made an entire album with Daz Dillinger which is locked in a vault which i actually own. it's somewhere here. i'd have to look for it though.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:49 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Pac also made an entire album with Daz Dillinger which is locked in a vault which i actually own

nah that's a bootleg Daz made, he stole some unreleased acapella's from tupac and made an album with it, he got sued for it too

eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:51 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
nah that's a bootleg Daz made, he stole some unreleased acapella's from tupac and made an album with it, he got sued for it too

oh shit, really? damn! well, i have it lol!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 3:54 PM | Message # 27

Heads
the original lineup for NWA was Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, DJ Yella & Arabian Prince (its also rumored some guy called Krazy Dee was a member)

MC Ren joined NWA as a replacement for Ice Cube who had to leave to go to college to do a degree in architecture, that's why MC Ren isn't on any of the NWA songs on "NWA & The Posse",

Arabian Prince left NWA literally after they shot the album cover for Straight Outta Compton

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 7:23 AM | Message # 28

Emcees

aww i was gunna make a topic about that...

abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 1:59 PM | Message # 29

Emcees
aww i was gunna make a topic about that...

haha yeah dude was a fucking beast

forgot about this i shall add some right now
-MF Grimm lived in the same building as Morgan Freeman
-MF Grimm was on sesame street
-The evidence linking snoop to his murder case mysteriously vanished, which is why he was found not guilty
-Bone Thugs N Harmony are the only people to have worked with 2pac, Biggie and Big Pun
-Delores Tucker ended up being a fraud and ended up working with death row (irony) after exposed
-2pac and jada pinkett were high school friends
-2pac was in a relationship (and reportedly very serious one) with quincy jones daughter when he died
-Biggie sold crack
-RBX was the only artist who challenged suge knight to a fight
-lil wayne wrote his first song rap at 8 according to wiki
-in an attempt to save tupac's life, doctors removed one of his lungs
-death row had lapd officers working security in there offices at the height of there popularity
-Big Pun weighed nearly 700 pounds when he died of heart failure in 2000, theres a video of him exercising in a pool a few days before on YT
-Gravediggaz were not the first. A small group consisting of Roc Raida and MF Grimm were first
-DJ GRAND WIZARD THEODORE invented the scratch
-Actor Romany Malco (black dude from 40 year old virgin, blades of glory) was originally in a hip hop group called College Boys and were pretty good IMO
-before founding murder inc, irv gotti first put mic geronimo on the scene as well as doing some of the production, known than as DJ Irv
-slick rick and mf doom are originally from Britian
-Canibus, Biggie, Pete Rock, Shyne and many others have Jamaican blood

EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 3:40 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
Bone Thugs N Harmony are the only people to have worked with 2pac, Biggie and Big Pun

and Eazy-E, did they work with Big Pun?

in music the producer gets 50% of the money the songs makes, no matter how many emcee's are on the song, so if there are 5 emcee's rapping on the song, that 5 divide 50% of the money and the producer takes the other 50% to himself, so RZA got paid way more than the rest of Wu-Tang for Wu albums, i think this was also part of Dre leaving Ruthless, coz he was supposed to be paid more than what he was getting.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
Search: