[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 3:46 PM | Message # 31

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
-Delores Tucker ended up being a fraud and ended up working with death row (irony) after exposed

really??? how so?

Quote (abanks47)
-2pac was in a relationship (and reportedly very serious one) with quincy jones daughter when he died

they were actually married for a short period but had the marriage annulled. Leila Steinberg (2pac's manager) and Quincy Jones still work together closely to this day.

Quote (abanks47)
-Gravediggaz were not the first. A small group consisting of Roc Raida and MF Grimm were first

the first what???

Quote (abanks47)
-DJ GRAND WIZARD THEODORE invented the scratch

yes! and anyone who says it was Grandmaster Flash (which i've heard MANY times) is retarded.

also, i'll add, DMX, along with other members of the Ruff Ryders, was born and raised at 1520 Sedgwick Ave., commonly considered the birthplace of hip hop. this is the same apartment building at which Kool Herc, on August 11, 1973, threw the party that became known as the birth of hip hop music. DMX's mother, trying to get her 3 year old Earl Simmons (DMX) to go to sleep, came up to the rec room of the building to complain to the then 19 year old Clive Campbell (Kool Herc) to keep it down because her child was trying to sleep.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 4:02 PM | Message # 32

Emcees
Shock G and Humpty Hump are the same person :o LOL - obviously everyone knows that(hopefully) but I seen a Skillz interview not too long ago where they were admitting to shit they were embarrassed of(within hip hop)and this one dude never knew and just found that out %) funny shit!

Added (06/Jan/10, 4:02 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (EmSeeD)
and Eazy-E, did they work with Big Pun?

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Message edited by MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue - Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 3:55 PM
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 4:03 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
Shock G and Humpty Hump are the same person :o LOL - obviously everyone knows that(hopefully) but I seen a Skillz interview not too long ago where they were admitting to shit they were embarrassed of(within hip hop)and this one dude never knew and just found that out %) funny shit!

lol! that's too funny. i thought Bronx was short for Brooklyn for a while rofl

btw, on tracks where you hear Humpty and Shock G going back and forth in conversation style like "Sex Packets", according to Shock G, 2pac was impersonating Shock while Shock was doing the Humpty voice. crazy shit imo.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 4:08 PM | Message # 34

Emcees
and Eazy-E, did they work with Big Pun?

*GASP... EAZY-E as well B)

yeah thats what i was typing before i went to there wiki page and pun was listed and just forgot to add. my bad, and it says he worked with him but i couldnt find the track so fuck that comment

really??? how so?

she claimed to be a dr but never graduated with a degree in anything and she ended up sticking up for suge during trial hearings. she wrote letters of recommendations to the judge saying how he was a changed man

the first what???

the first people to rock that name

-Wu Tang almost didnt happen according to RZA, Meth was walking to an apartment to get weed and Rza called him over, as soon as Meth got to Rza the building he was going to got shot up pretty bad and they suspect Meth would have died. If there was no Meth Rza says there would have been no Wu
-Method man's name is clifford
-RZA, GZA, and Ol' Dirty Bastard are all cousins
-Biggie fucked Faith, Charlie Baltimore and Lil Kim, haha pimp
-Notorious BIG was originally called Biggie Smalls but changed it when he found out a west coast rapper had this name first
-Also that RBX fight i mentioned above, it was over an order of fried chicken
-The Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, DMX, 50 Cent, Immortal Technique, Common, Mobb Deep , Bishop Lamont, Ya Boy, Joell Ortiz, Lil Flip, Streetz & Young Deuces, DJ Shadow, Percee-P, Rasco, and Proof were all labelled as unsigned hype in the source (wiki).
-Mobb Deep used to be known as Poetical Profits

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Message edited by abanks47 - Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 4:56 PM
emseed Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 4:51 PM | Message # 35

Watchers
[quote=abanks47]-The Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, DMX, 50 Cent, Immortal Technique, Common, Mobb Deep , Bishop Lamont, Ya Boy, Joell Ortiz, Lil Flip, Streetz & Young Deuces, DJ Shadow, Percee-P, Rasco, and Proof (wiki).[/quote]

HUH? what about them.

abanks47 Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 4:56 PM | Message # 36

Emcees
HUH? what about them.

damn im killing it today. edited to reflect what i meant, they were all unsigned hype at one point by the source. there deductions were correct

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 06/Jan/10, 5:04 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
she claimed to be a dr but never graduated with a degree in anything and she ended up sticking up for suge during trial hearings. she wrote letters of recommendations to the judge saying how he was a changed man

wow! that's crazy!

Quote (abanks47)
the first people to rock that name

oh yeah, i'd heard about that.

Quote (abanks47)
-Wu Tang almost didnt happen according to RZA, Meth was walking to an apartment to get weed and Rza called him over, as soon as Meth got to Rza the building he was going to got shot up pretty bad and they suspect Meth would have died. If there was no Meth Rza says there would have been no Wu

HOLY SHIT! that's insane!

Quote (abanks47)

rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 3:12 AM | Message # 38

Emcees
-Gemini(ghetto pop life) threatened to sue Gemini (collaborator with Lupe) if he didn't change his name. he cahnged his name to GemStones
-Masta Ace been doing it for 21 years!
-Brother ali is white (many think he is a black albino)
-Canibus was discharged from the army for smoking weed
-2pac and biggie both did seperate ads for St. Ives, I wonder there target demographic
-Richie Rich influenced Snoop to start the 213 rap click due to his 415 click out of SF
-Richie Rich was the first bay area rapper to sign with Def Jam
-Master P got his big break in Richmond, Ca with his brothers where they were TRU

eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 3:23 AM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
-Brother ali is white (many think he is a black albino)

YES! i keep telling people this and they get PISSED when i argue this with them. it's stupid. seriously? i mean it's ridiculous in the first place and he doesn't identify as either because he doesn't believe in race, but do you guys seriously need to argue that he's black albino? he's white. get over it! he may be albino white, but he's definitely white. what really matters, however, is that he's DOPE.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 3:25 AM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Quote (abanks47)

HOLY SHIT! that's insane!

yeah RZA was talking about it, its in his book Tao of Wu they recently put out,

i'm not sure how true this is but i remember Strykah The Soldier saying Wu-Tang made Killah Priest and Method Man each write a verse and the person with the best verse became a member, but Killah Priest fell asleep when they were writing it so Method Man got in. like i said don't know how true that is.

Quote (eboyd)
Quote (abanks47)

rofl

is that the one where Suge ordered some chicken wings during the chronic tour, and the people from death row ate it lol

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:01 AM | Message # 41

Emcees
YES! i keep telling people this and they get PISSED when i argue this with them. it's stupid. seriously? i mean it's ridiculous in the first place and he doesn't identify as either because he doesn't believe in race, but do you guys seriously need to argue that he's black albino? he's white. get over it! he may be albino white, but he's definitely white. what really matters, however, is that he's DOPE.

yeah he paints very afrocentric pictures but cant really hold it against him. but its almost like he perpetuates the stereotype that he is black by some of the images he uses and things says in his rhymes. not to mention his name being brother ali (I know its wrong of me but most of the times names like that belong to black or middle eastern cats). in the long run, shouldn't be an issue though white black purple you dope, fuck it.

i'm not sure how true this is but i remember Strykah The Soldier saying Wu-Tang made Killah Priest and Method Man each write a verse and the person with the best verse became a member, but Killah Priest fell asleep when they were writing it so Method Man got in. like i said don't know how true that is.

I heard that story but it was with cappadonna instead of method man.

is that the one where Suge ordered some chicken wings during the chronic tour, and the people from death row ate it lol

apparently suge had bought an order of chicken for a friend and RBX ate a piece. suge stepped up to him and he was so used to people backing down that he was shocked when rbx thugged up on him and squared off. suge look at his men and rbx fronted him calling him a bitch for not being able to fight without a posse (all in LAbyrinth). damn i want to listen to some rbx now haha

-Bizzy Bone was kidnapped and sexually assaulted as a child; there was a special on america's most wanted about him as a kid and they followed up with him after he blew up. video is on YT
-Shyne was born Jamal Barrow and has now changed his name to Moses Michael Leviy
-Beanie man has caught a lot of heat for "homophobic lyrics" he at first denied that they were homophobic but later bent and vowed to not use them in the future. Many feel he was justified since he claimed to have been referring to religious preachers who touch kids but thats another topic
-Def Jam was founded by Rick Rubin, Russel Simmons came on board shortly after

eboyd Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:10 AM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
-Bizzy Bone was kidnapped and sexually assaulted as a child; there was a special on america's most wanted about him as a kid and they followed up with him after he blew up. video is on YT

DAMN! :o

Quote (abanks47)
-Shyne was born Jamal Barrow and has now changed his name to Moses Michael Leviy

yep. and his dad is the prime minister of Belize

Quote (abanks47)
-Def Jam was founded by Rick Rubin, Russel Simmons came on board shortly after

really???

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 07/Jan/10, 4:15 AM | Message # 43

Heads
lol that's crazy about bizzy bone.

Dr. Dre recorded a diss track called "swallow the funk" which was responding to Above The Laws "don't bite the funk" diss to him. It was to be on his Chronic II album. I got that off I_Guy, (not the song the info),

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Uncharted Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 8:50 AM | Message # 44

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
really???

yep rick rubin had the money

ALCATRAZ Date: Friday, 08/Jan/10, 3:32 PM | Message # 45

Writers
Quote (Deadly-Sin)
Ghostface killa used a ghostwriter on 36chambers
i think it was deck who writ his rhymes. i know ghost didnt

I don't believe any of that.

Quote (Menace)
there was no such feud in hip hop that was all lights and bullshit

The East Coast vs. West Coast feud was in fact very real.

Quote (eboyd)
Percee P is straight-edge and has never even been drunk or buzzed or touched a cigarette to his lips in his entire life.

Can't necessarily hate the brotha for that.

Quote (eboyd)
Pac also made an entire album with Daz Dillinger which is locked in a vault

That's a bootleg and it's easily obtainable if you know how to dig.

Here's some quick facts from the top of the dome...

• During the beginning of their rapper/producer relationship, Prodigy refused to hang out and converse with The Alchemist unless they were in the studio recording music. For over two years, Prodigy believed The Alchemist was an undercover agent working for the FBI.

• Big L's murder wasn't a case of mistaken identity. The shooters were after his brother, and since he was incarcerated, they decided to go after L instead. RIP.

• X-Raided is the first rapper in history to have his lyrics used against him in court. X-Raided also has released several albums while serving his sentence, a few to which have been recorded using equipment that is not allowed in prison. No one knows how he obtained the equipment.

• Cormega was known in Queensbridge for walking the streets with a Sterling 9mm SMG. When he'd spot squad cars cruising without backup, he'd flash them and send them driving away in the opposite direction.

• Jay-Z was not the person who signed Kanye West to Rocafella. It was actually Dame Dash, who signed him after hearing the song entitled, "Wow". You can find the song on youtube.

• When 2Pac was locked up at Riker's, E Money Bags and Nas visited him often and made road trips to supply him with weed. E Money Bags was murdered soon after in a retaliation hit for the death of Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff's right hand man, whom E Money bags had murdered some times before.

• Fat Joe used to write graffiti in the BX before he became a rap star. His tag was "CRACK".

• KRS-One also was a graffiti writer before rapping, under the same alias. "KRS ONE"

• Ghostface Killah and Raekwon were from rival hoods (Ghostface from Stapleton, Raekwon from Park Hill), and put their differences aside for the sake of Wu-Tang. They both have friends who were killed from each of their respective crews.

• Chino XL, DMX, and Nas are the only rappers to diss 2Pac by name.

• The RZA murdered a man before Wu-Tang fame. He was found innocent on the grounds of self defense.

• While touring the United States, the DEA trailed and eventually raided Immortal Technique and his crew in their hotel rooms, only to find nothing. Immortal Technique claims that they are still following him to this day.

• Jay-Z asked Nas to record a verse for 'Dead Presidents' on his debut album. Nas refused. Jay-Z later asked Nas to make a cameo in the video even though he refused to record a verse, because Jay had sampled his voice for the chorus. Again, Nas refused. According to some, this has happened for every Jay-Z solo up until The Blueprint.

• Killah Priest's album Heavy Mental was heavily laced with subtle references to psychadelic substances. The best example for this being on the last verse of the song 'Tai Chi'.

• Rappers The Holocaust and 9th Prince had a bloody fight in Times Square during the recording of Dirty Weaponry. Although 9th Prince is almost twice Holocaust's size, many claim that Holocaust not only beat 9th, but embarrassed him to the point that 9th no longer wanted to pursue a friendship with him. They stopped recording music together after that incident, but claim they are both past the beef.

• Kool Keith, Cage, and Scarface have all, at one point or another been institutionalized in mental health facilities.

• During the height of Mobb Deep's career, they would get booed out of their own shows on the East Coast by devout 2Pac fans. One particular show in North Carolina had to be shut down because the crowd was overriding the sound of the speakers with "Makaveli" chants.

• Mos Def never played outside as a child.

• According to Kelis, Nas had his first encounter with Marijuana at four years old.

• Cormega accused Nas of being a coward because he did not want to join Cormega in seeking revenge on the murderer of their close friend, Ill Will.

• Necro and Ill Bill grew up in the Glenwood Projects of Brooklyn. They were constantly getting into scuffles because neither refused to back down from a fight. Necro also allegedly fought a "Made Man" belonging to a local mafia in Brooklyn when he was very young, raising his credentials amongst Blacks and the other Italians in the hood who always gave him trouble for being Jewish.

• The Notorious B.I.G. once claimed that RA the Rugged Man was a better rapper than himself.

• When U-God and Raekwon were playing at Cappadonna's house as young children, U-God brandished a gun he had and pointed it at Raekwon. Raekwon told him not to play like that, and as soon as U-God focused the aim away from Rae, the pistol went off, shattering a window.

• Jacques Agnant, an alleged member of New York's crime syndicate, the "Black Mafia" was responsible for introducing 2Pac to the woman who accused him of rape. What makes this interesting is that the Black Mafia are the organization that allegedly put up money to jump start Bad Boy records. After 2Pac refused to sign with Bad Boy to please the Black Mafia, he set up for rape, and later shot at the Quad Studios in New York. Pac believed Biggie and Puff both knew about the plot, but out of fear for their own lives kept quiet.

More to come...

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Message edited by ALCATRAZ - Friday, 08/Jan/10, 3:45 PM
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » New Hip Hop Trivia Thread
Search: