[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Was There A West vs East Coast Beef?
Was There A West vs East Coast Beef?
ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 0:34 AM | Message # 31

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
people like Suge Knight recognized that they could cash in on the beef, so they began blowing it way the fuck out of proportion and made it seem WAAAY worse than it was, like it was actually a full on beef between east and west

How did Suge Knight begin to blow it "way the fuck out of proportion"?

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 1:44 AM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Calling it an "east-west beef" would be like calling a beef between Ludacris, TI, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy (lol), etc., and Snoop Dogg, Ice T, Game, Nipsey Hussle, etc. a "west-south beef", neglecting the fact that Outkast, Bun B, Scarface, Cunninlynguists, Jay Electronica, Tonedeff, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, etc. never got involved and actually continued collaborating with each other and that people like Game and Lil Wayne were coming together behind the scenes to do business, even if, say, Felle Fel (radio DJ from Power 106, the biggest hip hop station in LA) started refusing to play south artists. That wouldn't be a west-south beef, that would be a decentralized group of artists from the south beefing with a decentralized group of artists from the west that didn't even come close to making up the majority of artists in both areas.

if these west coast rappers were dissing the rappers from the south because they were from the south, and the rappers from the south were dissing the rappers from the west because they were from the west then yeah i would call it west vs south.

according to Daz Dillinger, when Sam Sneed shot a music video, it might have been Lady Heroin, 2pac didn't like the way Sam Sneed had so many East Coast rappers in his video, so with Suge Knight and his boys from Death Row around they kicked Sam Sneed in the head for everytime they saw an East Coast rapper in the video. I'm not sure how true this is though, but that's what Daz claims. its may have also been because Sam Sneed wanted to leave death row.

of course 2pac himself said it wasn't an east vs west beef, 2pac did say that the media were hyping it up, i'm surprised you haven't mentioned that lol. i saw that video on youtube a while ago but i can't find it now. but i think 2pac's actions contradicted his words there.

there's also the quote from Common "this ain't a East Coast/West Coast none of thee above, i'm from Chi i went to Cali, niggas gave me love"

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 12:21 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
if these west coast rappers were dissing the rappers from the south because they were from the south, and the rappers from the south were dissing the rappers from the west because they were from the west then yeah i would call it west vs south.

according to Daz Dillinger, when Sam Sneed shot a music video, it might have been Lady Heroin, 2pac didn't like the way Sam Sneed had so many East Coast rappers in his video, so with Suge Knight and his boys from Death Row around they kicked Sam Sneed in the head for everytime they saw an East Coast rapper in the video. I'm not sure how true this is though, but that's what Daz claims. its may have also been because Sam Sneed wanted to leave death row.

i guess we have a completely different definition of what defines a coastal beef then.

Quote (EmSeeD)
of course 2pac himself said it wasn't an east vs west beef, 2pac did say that the media were hyping it up, i'm surprised you haven't mentioned that lol.

i sort of did, but yeah, i probably should have mentioned that a bit more blatantly.

Quote (EmSeeD)
i saw that video on youtube a while ago but i can't find it now. but i think 2pac's actions contradicted his words there.

2pac contradicted himself A LOT. his actions and words are not a very good meter for most things that went down when he was alive because they contradict each other so often. shit, his actions even contradicted previous actions of his lol.

Quote (EmSeeD)
there's also the quote from Common "this ain't a East Coast/West Coast none of thee above, i'm from Chi i went to Cali, niggas gave me love"

i would've mentioned this, only Common isn't from the east coast.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 12:22 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
How did Suge Knight begin to blow it "way the fuck out of proportion"?

not just Suge. Suge was one of many. he blew it up by influencing Pac to get involved and then using Pac as a scapegoat.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 1:52 PM | Message # 35

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
he blew it up by influencing Pac to get involved and then using Pac as a scapegoat

Please elaborate, because I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 3:17 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
talking shit on Jay, Big, Nas, Mobb Deep, etc.

Tupac's whole thing with Nas was based on a misunderstanding and they eventually sorted it out shortly before Tupac died and Jay-Z never said shit about Tupac and had nothing but respect for him. The only actual beef there was with Tupac, Biggie and Mobb Deep (Tupac is one of Prodigy's favorite emcees though, not sure about Havoc.)

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 3:29 PM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
Tupac's whole thing with Nas was based on a misunderstanding and they eventually sorted it out shortly before Tupac died and Jay-Z never said shit about Tupac and had nothing but respect for him. The only actual beef there was with Tupac, Biggie and Mobb Deep (Tupac is one of Prodigy's favorite emcees though, not sure about Havoc.)

i don't think so, because The Firm were signed to Dr. Dre's label, and because Dre had just left death row 2pac and the rest of death row had beef with dre and probably all of aftermath, suge knight was getting all the people from death row to diss aftermath, it probably would have been just like death row vs bad boy. A new track came out just last year where 2pac was dissing dr. dre, jay-z and the firm. apart from all of bad boy records, all of aftermath entertainment, mobb deep he also had beef with the fugee's, chino and jay-z probably even more

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 3:35 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)

i don't think so, because The Firm were signed to Dr. Dre's label, and because Dre had just left death row 2pac and the rest of death row had beef with dre and probably all of aftermath, suge knight was getting all the people from death row to diss aftermath, it probably would have been just like death row vs bad boy. A new track came out just last year where 2pac was dissing dr. dre, jay-z and the firm. apart from all of bad boy records, all of aftermath entertainment, mobb deep he also had beef with the fugee's, chino and jay-z probably even more

I was on about the cats eboyd mentioned, Nas, Mobb Deep, Jay-Z and Biggie. Which part of my statement did you disagree with though? The Jay-Z/Nas part?

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:03 PM | Message # 39

Heads
where you said Nas and 2pac sorted out their beef, i think there still would have been beef because of the Firm

TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:11 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
where you said Nas and 2pac sorted out their beef, i think there still would have been beef because of the Firm

Nas has acknowledged this himself, they squashed the beef before he died. However he died before he could take out the part where he attacks Nas on Against All Odds but I assume that because he was going to take that part out he would do the same with the Firm track and the Firm track wasn't even released officially while Tupac was alive.

Message edited by TheWatcher - Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:12 PM
HipHopHead Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 4:43 PM | Message # 41

Emcees
Nas made the song "The Message", and the lyrics go "fake thugs no love you get the slug" and i believe 2pac thought it was directed at him, but it was really meant for Biggie, and then Nas explained it to 2pac then they squashed the beef between them

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 6:40 PM | Message # 42

Heads
Quote (TheWatcher)
All Odds but I assume that because he was going to take that part out he would do the same with the Firm track and the Firm track wasn't even released officially while Tupac was alive.

i doubt it because 2pac had beef with dr. dre, especially when dr. dre left death row. and dr. dre produced most of the firm album and the firm was on dr. dre's label. 2pac had beef with bad boy just because biggie was on that label. Can you imagine how much Suge Knight would have done to cause beef with Aftermath Entertainment? Suge already had the artists on death row dissing aftermath, suge would have loved to use 2pac to cash in on an aftermath beef, which included the firm.

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 6:41 PM | Message # 43

Emcees
Nas made the song "The Message", and the lyrics go "fake thugs no love you get the slug" and i believe 2pac thought it was directed at him, but it was really meant for Biggie, and then Nas explained it to 2pac then they squashed the beef between them

i was about to say bullshit but just looked it up. thats crazy. biggie responded on kick in the door, dope track

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

ALCATRAZ Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 7:22 PM | Message # 44

Writers
In my personal opinion, regardless of what Nas says, I believe that little jab in 'The Message' was directed at Pac. I don't dispute that Kick In The Door was aimed at Nas, but Nas has also taken a couple of shots at 2Pac when they were both alive. The beef never started from some misunderstanding. 2Pac confronted Nas and told him not to talk slick about him, Nas agreed. Some months later Nas was taking jabs at him over mixtape songs. That's why Pac added him to the list. Not to mention he was a promising act who was leading the East Coast revival along with Biggie and Wu.

Menace Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 7:37 PM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
In my personal opinion, regardless of what Nas says, I believe that little jab in 'The Message' was directed at Pac. I don't dispute that Kick In The Door was aimed at Nas, but Nas has also taken a couple of shots at 2Pac when they were both alive. The beef never started from some misunderstanding. 2Pac confronted Nas and told him not to talk slick about him, Nas agreed. Some months later Nas was taking jabs at him over mixtape songs. That's why Pac added him to the list. Not to mention he was a promising act who was leading the East Coast revival along with Biggie and Wu.

2pac after his contract termination at Death Row records wanted to create his own record label and sign east coast hip hop groups at it 2pac stated that he wanted to sign Boot Camp Click and Wu Tang Clan . You watched too much TV man .

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Was There A West vs East Coast Beef?
Search: