[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Was There A West vs East Coast Beef?
Was There A West vs East Coast Beef?
HipHopHead Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 9:13 PM | Message # 46

Emcees
Hm im not sure about what Menace is saying and what ALCATRAZ is saying, but to realize the truth, it all comes down to the music and their messages in my perspective

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
eboyd Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 9:13 PM | Message # 47

Heads
^^^

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Sunday, 10/Jan/10, 9:14 PM | Message # 48

Heads
Oops, I was trying to point in agreement with Menace lol

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 1:25 AM | Message # 49

Writers
Quote (Menace)
2pac after his contract termination at Death Row records wanted to create his own record label and sign east coast hip hop groups at it 2pac stated that he wanted to sign Boot Camp Click and Wu Tang Clan . You watched too much TV man .

It's true that 2Pac wanted to create his own record label, "Makaveli/Euphanasia Records", but what most people don't realize is that Euphanasia was going to be an imprint through Death Row Records. Pac did not have the substantial funds to jump start his own record company just yet, he was still going to be in business with Suge Knight via Death Row. You are too busy trying to draw your own conclusions that you can't even think logically. Do your homework before you quote me.

Added (11/Jan/10, 1:25 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (HipHopHead)
it all comes down to the music and their messages in my perspective

Some people are interested in other aspects of hip hop other than just the music. No hate to anyone who enjoys the music but there are some who enjoy the politics just as much.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:21 AM | Message # 50

Heads
Either way, the east-west beef was really just a beef between a decentralized group of people, blown out of proportion by media figures. Btw, I thought Euthanasia (which, btw, didn't he spell it correctly like I just did?) was just an overall entertainment enterprise or some shit like that while Amaru Records was supposed to be between 2pac, his mom, Leila Steinberg and Quincy Jones I think. Amaru Records had already been started, I think even before he was
Incarcerated for rape. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, Afeni now owns Amaru and often fights with Suge Knight over the rights to Pac's music. I know for a fact that there is a lot of animosity between the Shakur family and Suge Knight. Idk man, I can't provide any evidence (though I may be able to ask Leila about it), but I think Pac was trying to ditch Suge at that point.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:25 AM | Message # 51

Writers
In regards to Pac wanting to leave Death Row, all that we know for sure is that 2Pac was having monetary problems with Suge towards the end of his life. That's all we can offically say we know. He's never said anything about leaving the label, at least not on record.

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:46 AM | Message # 52

Heads
i thought it was going to be Makaveli Records, we don't know if it was going to be under Death Row or not, its likely though coz even Snoop Dogg had his own label under Death Row in 96 "Doggystyle Records". Death Row were actually going to start a Death Row East label where they were going to sign Big Daddy Kane. idk about them signing Wu-Tang coz didn't Wu-Tang have their own independant label? signing with death row would have been the stupidest move ever. i think Amaru Records might only own some of 2pacs recordings coz Death Row still owned all the material 2pac recorded while on Death Row.

there is a story from Daz in his dvd Tha Dogg Pound Eulogy, where he says how Sam Sneed shot a video, 2pac, Suge Knight and others felt Sam Sneed was representing the east coast too much, he says they kicked Sam Sneed in the head everytime they saw an east coast rapper in the video. idk how true this is though. However there is no doubt 2pac and Suge Knight assaulted Sam Sneed, it may have been because Sam Sneed wanted to leave Death Row to join Dr. Dre at Aftermath, Sam Sneed sort of hinted that that was the real reason he was assaulted.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 4:01 AM | Message # 53

Heads
I just think that there's good reason to believe that 2pac was trying to leave Death Row and like I said, I know from a first hand source that there is a lot of animosity towards Suge Knight from the Shakur family. Anyways, what I've also heard is that on top of being real cool with Wu Tang, 2pac had actually recently reconciled with Biggie. Idk how true that is, but that's what I had heard. Anyways, I think, at the very least, this would show that the east-west beef, if it even was truly an east-west beef, was already getting ready to be squashed in 96.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

TheWatcher Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 5:11 AM | Message # 54

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)

i doubt it because 2pac had beef with dr. dre, especially when dr. dre left death row. and dr. dre produced most of the firm album and the firm was on dr. dre's label. 2pac had beef with bad boy just because biggie was on that label. Can you imagine how much Suge Knight would have done to cause beef with Aftermath Entertainment? Suge already had the artists on death row dissing aftermath, suge would have loved to use 2pac to cash in on an aftermath beef, which included the firm.

Tupac was about to leave Death Row when he died, however as far as I know his new record label would still be a Death Row affiliate but if what Nas said is true then Tupac and him already squashed the beef and I doubt he would diss Nas for no reason even if Suge wanted him to, he was a man of his word.

Quote (abanks47)
i was about to say bullshit but just looked it up. thats crazy. biggie responded on kick in the door, dope track

The only part of Kick In The Door that was directed at Nas was "Your reign on top was short like leprechauns" which he said because he never really came back with another Illmatic and only 'ruled' for a bit.

Quote (Menace)
2pac after his contract termination at Death Row records wanted to create his own record label and sign east coast hip hop groups at it 2pac stated that he wanted to sign Boot Camp Click and Wu Tang Clan . You watched too much TV man .

Yeah, Wu-Tang Clan, Big Daddy Kane, Gang Starr, Big Syke and some other people were meant to be on Makaveli records.

abanks47 Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 1:38 PM | Message # 55

Emcees
The only part of Kick In The Door that was directed at Nas was "Your reign on top was short like leprechauns" which he said because he never really came back with another Illmatic and only 'ruled' for a bit.

regardless still came at him and didn't no about.

I just think that there's good reason to believe that 2pac was trying to leave Death Row and like I said, I know from a first hand source that there is a lot of animosity towards Suge Knight from the Shakur family. Anyways, what I've also heard is that on top of being real cool with Wu Tang, 2pac had actually recently reconciled with Biggie. Idk how true that is, but that's what I had heard. Anyways, I think, at the very least, this would show that the east-west beef, if it even was truly an east-west beef, was already getting ready to be squashed in 96.

i dont know if big and pac reconciled. never heard of that. i think biggie would have definitely mentioned it since he was under so much scrutiny and suspicion of being involved. every interview he had post pac he always name dropped him and said how sorry he was for his death and i find it hard he wouldn't talk about a reconciliation.

there is a story from Daz in his dvd Tha Dogg Pound Eulogy, where he says how Sam Sneed shot a video, 2pac, Suge Knight and others felt Sam Sneed was representing the east coast too much, he says they kicked Sam Sneed in the head everytime they saw an east coast rapper in the video. idk how true this is though. However there is no doubt 2pac and Suge Knight assaulted Sam Sneed, it may have been because Sam Sneed wanted to leave Death Row to join Dr. Dre at Aftermath, Sam Sneed sort of hinted that that was the real reason he was assaulted.

yeah they beat the shit out of him in that book to the point where homie needed medical attention. it got real bad once dre left cause he was one of dudes only good friends.

My only point i want to make here is there are rivalries between factions all the time. look at sports, cities get into it over minor ass shit all the time. picture in the mid 90's a new yorker rollin up in LA you really think there going to show him love if he is bumpin biggie at max? People still look at my sideways someimtes when i mention i like biggie more than pac in the bay. with that in mind is it real that hard to comprehend that there was a rivalry or Beef between the east and west?

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

HipHopHead Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 1:45 PM | Message # 56

Emcees
And to add, there has been said that Suge Knight owned 2Pac nearly $10 million >.>

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
abanks47 Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 1:52 PM | Message # 57

Emcees
im sure the number is even bigger than that lol. he kept all his artists on very short leashes and gave them allowances and presents. never the money they earned.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:44 PM | Message # 58

Writers
Quote (eboyd)
I just think that there's good reason to believe that 2pac was trying to leave Death Row

All that we know is that they had money issues. He may of had good reason to leave Death Row, but that isn't a fact.

Quote (eboyd)
on top of being real cool with Wu Tang, 2pac had actually recently reconciled with Biggie

I highly doubt that.

Quote (eboyd)
this would show that the east-west beef, if it even was truly an east-west beef, was already getting ready to be squashed in 96.

No, your post wouldn't show anything, because all you posted was things that you think may have happened and things that you've heard but aren't necessarily sure if they are credible. Let's stick with what we know and build from there.

Dookie Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 0:54 AM | Message # 59

Emcees

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 27/Jan/10, 3:25 AM | Message # 60

Heads
^ true that

check this out, this is a freestyle from DJ Quik when he was on death row, listen at 1:00 "yall wannabe straight gangstas and won't give us our dap, i'm no longer a supporter of East Coast rap".

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Was There A West vs East Coast Beef?
Search: