[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » What happened to hip hop's social consciousness?
What happened to hip hop's social consciousness?
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Feb/10, 8:34 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (ThaScience)
kl. didnt no it was an album. but i wasnt statin what he done elsewhere in his life, or in hip hop. i was jus sayin. but if that was a studio album then i somehow view it differently now.. lol. cos imo it was preety weak compared to the first 2, but i jus shruged it off with "oh well its just a mixtape"

yeah, i agree. it was an album laid out in mixtape format though and he really didn't put much effort into it. i'm still waiting on "The Middle Passage" and/or "Revolutionary Vol. 3" though.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ALCATRAZ Date: Thursday, 11/Feb/10, 3:28 AM | Message # 17

Writers
Third World is a mixtape, btw.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

eboyd Date: Thursday, 11/Feb/10, 4:15 AM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (ALCATRAZ)
Third World is a mixtape, btw.

"Immortal Technique's third studio album, The 3rd World was released on June 24, 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....2_album

"The 3rd World peaked at number 99 on the Billboard 200 chart."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_3rd_World

since when do mixtapes make the Billboard charts?

"Immortal Technique: I get inspiration from real life. Writing process varies. I don’t know I sold 45K with the first CD, 85K with the 2nd, and the 3rd has been out for a little more than a year and sold about almost 60K. I keep my integrity and I made a mark."

http://www.flawlesshustle.com/intervi....chnique

apparently even he acknowledges it as an album.

he has, elsewhere, acknowledged it as an album/mixtape:

"Immortal Technique next album, The 3rd World, is set to be released June 24 on his own Viper Records. Green Lantern is handling much of the production on the album, which Tech calls an "album/mixtape of all original tracks" and will feature Chino XL, Ras Kass, Crooked I, and Poison Pen, among others."

what this means is that it is an album in that it is all new material, it was officially released as an album, etc., but it has a mixtape structure and is, in large part, produced by a mixtape DJ. in all actuality it is an album, not a mixtape.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » What happened to hip hop's social consciousness?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: