[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Texas Board of Education Declare Hip Hop.... (to not be a Cultural Movement)
Texas Board of Education Declare Hip Hop....
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 14/Mar/10, 8:21 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Members of the Texas State Board of Education gave preliminary approval Friday to remove significant areas of curriculum from civil rights and global politics and replace them with conservative historic figures and beliefs. Courses that would be affected by these changes include social studies, history and economics.

One of the subjects debated amongst the lawyers, dentists and publishers, who make up the board, was whether or not Hip Hop should be taught as a cultural movement. According to the Huffington Post, right wing members voted that Hip Hop should be deleted as a requirement and that students should not be taught about its cultural impact across not only the United States, but the world.

Conservatives also approved to have a sociological focus on institutional racism and its presence in American society banned from the books, as well as removing important references of Latino and Hispanic figures throughout history.

The Texas State Board of Education approved of the new expectations with a 10-5 vote, and a final decision is expected to be made in May, but not before holding an open forum where the public can produce additional arguments and even possibly, different amendments to stop some of the changes from being implemented.

If the amendments are approved, the changes to the content will affect learning nationwide because most school textbooks
are published in Texas and would be taught to millions of students for the next 10 years.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index....ovement

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 14/Mar/10, 8:47 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
fucking right-wing conservatives :)

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 0:28 AM | Message # 3

Heads
what is it with the south

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 2:24 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
Members of the Texas State Board of Education gave preliminary approval Friday to remove significant areas of curriculum from civil rights and global politics and replace them with conservative historic figures and beliefs. Courses that would be affected by these changes include social studies, history and economics.

One of the subjects debated amongst the lawyers, dentists and publishers, who make up the board, was whether or not Hip Hop should be taught as a cultural movement. According to the Huffington Post, right wing members voted that Hip Hop should be deleted as a requirement and that students should not be taught about its cultural impact across not only the United States, but the world.

Conservatives also approved to have a sociological focus on institutional racism and its presence in American society banned from the books, as well as removing important references of Latino and Hispanic figures throughout history.

The Texas State Board of Education approved of the new expectations with a 10-5 vote, and a final decision is expected to be made in May, but not before holding an open forum where the public can produce additional arguments and even possibly, different amendments to stop some of the changes from being implemented.

If the amendments are approved, the changes to the content will affect learning nationwide because most school textbooks
are published in Texas and would be taught to millions of students for the next 10 years.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index....ovement

and as we delve further into the fascism that is already prevalent in the United States...

Quote (EmSeeD)
what is it with the south

authoritarianism and propaganda is what is wrong with the South.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 4:22 AM | Message # 5

Emcees
facepalm

I was already depressed.... Like feeling sincerely depressed. And this just makes me feel hopeless.
Fuck the world, fuck my moms and my girl.

Seriously though, this world is going to shit, and I wish that we would all just die. We are all fucked. My generation is sincerely fucked. Gazillions in debt, in an endless war, and completly clueless cause we would rather not work for shit and just listen to Lil Wayne and suck each other off in a fucking trashcan. Shit makes me wanna drop out period. Cause it's not gonna make a damn difference.
Fuck school, period.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
eboyd Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 5:06 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I was already depressed.... Like feeling sincerely depressed. And this just makes me feel hopeless.

Seriously though, this world is going to shit, and I wish that we would all just die. We are all fucked. My generation is sincerely fucked. Gazillions in debt, in an endless war, and completly clueless cause we would rather not work for shit and just listen to Lil Wayne and suck each other off in a fucking trashcan. Shit makes me wanna drop out period. Cause it's not gonna make a damn difference.
Fuck school, period.

lol, dude, STFU you emo and do something about it :D seriously, you sound like a whiny bitch saying shit like that lol. just get active. there are many ways. join a protest group, call on people for solidarity, etc. if you sit around and let shit happen, of course you'll feel depressed. if you get up and do something about it you will feel relieved and this pessimism will disappear. so this change won't happen during our lives to the extent we want.... and? is it not enough to fight for our future generations?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Monday, 15/Mar/10, 6:43 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

Fuck school, period.

i know how you feel... especially a bout our generation giving in to all the bullshit... and not learning about anything important... ignorant fucks most of them :)... I at points wanted to drop out too... but the thing is... Where we live most people will not take you serious without a high school degree at least... yes fuck school indeed... my attendance sucks... but i'm making my way through hopefully...

Quote (eboyd)
lol, dude, STFU you emo and do something about it seriously, you sound like a whiny bitch saying shit like that lol. just get active. there are many ways. join a protest group, call on people for solidarity, etc. if you sit around and let shit happen, of course you'll feel depressed. if you get up and do something about it you will feel relieved and this pessimism will disappear. so this change won't happen during our lives to the extent we want.... and? is it not enough to fight for our future generations?

LOL... yes we should do something about it... and eriks probably right it will make us feel better...

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Texas Board of Education Declare Hip Hop.... (to not be a Cultural Movement)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: