New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience, Aristotle  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Elements (DJ,Graff Art, BBoy,Bbox) » Turntablism
Turntablism
J-Breakz Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 3:34 PM | Message # 1

Heads
I was reading a post by eboyd in the instrumental artist section where he brought up q-bert and it made me realize something. Turntablism is REALLY ignored here in this forum. When I first got my turntables I was so obsessed with turntablism, lol. I still have a huge appreciation for the art. Anyways, who's your favorite turntablist? I'd have to say Rob Swift for me. I grew up listening to some of his shit and he's probly the best beat juggler I know (I always wished I could beat juggle good, takes a lot of practice though). There's also some trippy ass jazz cats like Kid Koala

It's crazy what he does^^

livin life like some cheesy movie
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 3:42 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
well chinita made a thread about it in april...but this should bring it back...qbert is sick...lets not forget dj kentaro...

J-Breakz Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 3:50 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (HateMainstreamMusic)
well chinita made a thread about it in april

If you knew me you would kno I always make threads about crap ppl have talked about months before.

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 3:51 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
ok lol...well yeah your right...turntablism is awesome...should be discussed here more often...

Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 5:33 PM | Message # 5

Emcees

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 6:12 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
r.i.p dj am

Adam Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 6:26 PM | Message # 7

B-Girls
Do you think jazzy jeff still talks with will?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Wednesday, 20/Jan/10, 7:31 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
interesting question...says on wikipedia they performed at the premier of the movie "hancock" they performed together...so i'm assuming he's still cool with will...dunno if they have talked after that...probably though

eboyd Date: Thursday, 21/Jan/10, 0:53 AM | Message # 9

Heads
i must say i am a fan of Q-Bert. as a technical DJ he's the best imo. here's some Invisibl Skratch Piklz (lol i fucking love their name haha :D ) :

if i remember correctly, this is Q-Bert on the cuts:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Thursday, 21/Jan/10, 1:19 AM | Message # 10

Heads
so true j, well turntablism (which i love, was a big part of my growing up life) i've djayed many times..i can blend but i suck at scratching :) well in my eror it was all about the djay :)

djay threads are in the hip hop elements forum with the bboy and graff..deffinatily missed in this site..i do post some turntablism and tournaments like the dmc big ones or videos on the main page, sometimes i don't have time to post them in here also..its hard to update both threads and main page but i willl try :) any help will be appreciated.... i would love to keep up with more turntalbe tournaments but i get really busy trying to find other things.. J-Breakz maybe u you can update some turntablism, u can find updates even join djay blogs and website and subscribe to some for email updates..would also love to find someone that can help me keep updated on my other fab bboy tournaments.. i did join a few sites for updates..but i get around 300 emails a day.. %)

elements
http://realhiphop4ever.ucoz.com/forum/34

here is a good site that keeps up to date with turntablism..this is where i get most of my Hip Hop Producer & DJ News n updates or anythng on turntablism, u can subscribe and then update our site :)

http://www.cratekings.com

abanks47 Date: Thursday, 21/Jan/10, 1:26 AM | Message # 11

Emcees

Added (21/Jan/10, 1:26 Am)
---------------------------------------------
also stand up Daly City, CA; birth of the speed scratch. thats how them Filipinos get down, q-bert , mix master mike and dj babu kill it.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

J-Breakz Date: Thursday, 21/Jan/10, 1:46 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita)
J-Breakz maybe u you can update some turntablism, u can find updates even join djay blogs and website and subscribe to some for email updates..

It'd be my pleasure, don't worry about it.

Quote (LadyChinita)
u can find updates even join djay blogs and website and subscribe to some for email updates..

Yeah, I've actually been part of this one turntablism forum for a few years now.

Quote (LadyChinita)
my other fab bboy tournaments

You know it's funny, San Diego has SO MANY dope b-boys (jabbawockeez for example, I actually got a friend that's a relative to one of the dancers), and there's a couple crews in my old highschool, but for some reason I never got into it lol.
Quote (LadyChinita)
u can subscribe and then update our site

Alrite

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 21/Jan/10, 1:52 AM | Message # 13

Heads
man that Kid Koala was sick, i remember back in 2000 DJ'ing and Break Dancing was getting really popular here when Freestyler from Bombfunk MC's blew up, but then it died down.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
restinpeacemainstream Date: Friday, 22/Jan/10, 3:30 AM | Message # 14

DJs

R.I.P. Mainstream
eboyd Date: Friday, 22/Jan/10, 3:43 AM | Message # 15

Heads
RIP Roc Raida :(

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot