[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: ThaScience, s0dr2  
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » The Thiest Survival Kit - Protection From The Walking Idiots
The Thiest Survival Kit - Protection From The Walking Idiots
Adam Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 7:57 AM | Message # 16

B-Girls
Let me put it this way, my family is what you would call... a convenient believer. Meaning they only pick the good stuff and run with that. My family is also so disconnected from their religion that I cannot even for the sake of my life figure out what religion they actually are. It is either christian or catholic, I am going to go with catholic though. I was also baptized. Either way my grandparents were the real religious nuts... so in that it would be hard to convince them. I do not want to convert my mother really, but my sister has recently started going to church and getting all serious about her religious practices. FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS THOUGH. Out of all of my family, I am the only atheist, and I am also the only one who has done less harm in their lives. The rest of my family has done really bad things... the most I've done is masturbate. This is true with some of my religious friends (I'm using friends lightly here), they are really bad and it is obvious they use religion as a sort of safety net for the bad stuff they might do and continue to do.

Either way you seem to worry about the now too much. It is better to adapt people to a life that ends with death now so that the future can far exceed what a future still burdened with religions would. I think it is crucial to try and make the most out of our time on this earth, and when I say that I do not mean individual lives, I mean all people as a whole.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
NtG Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 10:19 AM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (Adam)
I don't want everyone to be atheist, I just want believers to keep to themselves and not interfere with scientists and people who wanna do genetic engineering.

the hypocrisy of this statement...

[deleted]
NtG Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 3:22 PM | Message # 18

Heads
at the end of the day, you can't prove or disprove the existence of god. So there is no point in trying.

[deleted]
Adam Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 3:53 PM | Message # 19

B-Girls
Quote (NtG)
at the end of the day, you can't prove or disprove the existence of god. So there is no point in trying.

I do not care to prove his damn existence. I already stated that twice in what I wrote, so good job at being observant. There is obviously a good amount of people who do not see the harm religion causes, or do not feel that it compares to the good it does. Which is complete bullshit.

Quote (NtG)
the hypocrisy of this statement...

careful boy, you are in way over your head if you think you gonna wrestle with me. True story.

s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 4:07 PM | Message # 20

OGs
Quote (Adam)
The rest of my family has done really bad things... the most I've done is masturbate.

whoa... why do you consider masturabtion "bad"? this actually scares me cause it reinforces the evilness of it :/

i think i can answer: after you do it you feel guilty even though you broke no law, but you have sinned (ie against God). its a natural perception and by that extension you can say God exists cause we can percieve him through that natural sense. it also explains why every century had the inclination to worship a "god"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Adam Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 4:27 PM | Message # 21

B-Girls
Quote (s0dr2)
its a natural perception and by that extension you can say God exists cause we can percieve him through that natural sense.

now that is the best comment I have read so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

discuss. Also is anyone else annoyed by this music in the bg note card bullshit?

if you don't want to watch it, it is simply a video of some chick realizing that her efforts to try and change atheists and hate towards them was misdirected. What she and the countless other infatuated teens in the comments seem to not understand is that even if you choose to love and not dispute with others that does not take away the damage religion is doing on a grand scale. In fact one thing that I believe we can all agree on is that ignorance loves company, especially when it supports them. So even she is one of the less militant theists... she still adds to the numbers and promotes whatever any other theist does. Shallow headed bitch. Anonymous should send her death threats.

Message edited by Adam - Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 5:52 PM
s0dr2 Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 8:39 PM | Message # 22

OGs
im more concerned with her taste in music and your obsession over infatuated teens like this

im gonna watch angel's egg now, ,bape likes it so it must be good

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Adam Date: Tuesday, 21/Aug/12, 8:46 PM | Message # 23

B-Girls
my obsession?! don't twist my words!

The Atheist Experience

Quote (Adam)
Some may claim that the only thing a human being can prove absolutely is that the human being exists, and the human beings can only prove this to itself.

JUST FOUND OUT A NEW CONCEPT! SOLIPSIST. And I think the above quote is a solipsist belief... so this is what solipsism is -

1. The theory that the self is the only thing that can be known and verified.
2. The theory or view that the self is the only reality.

here is an hilarious video where the AE has a run in with a solipsist, the ending is priceless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.proofgodexist.com/ - this site is a great insight on the reasoning Muslims use to justify the existence of god. Most of it as you will notice is the whole... x is so miraculous that only God could have done it setup. Which is a bit of a let down... HOWEVER they do go over the scientific claims from the quran which I always love reading.

Highlight of that site, "Children are born believers in God." This is the absurdity I love about Muslims.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOO WOO (pseudo science)

Message edited by Adam - Thursday, 23/Aug/12, 5:18 PM
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » The Thiest Survival Kit - Protection From The Walking Idiots
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: