Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: ThaScience, s0dr2  
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » Hug An Atheist
Hug An Atheist
Adam Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 7:16 AM | Message # 31

B-Girls
Quote (s0dr2)
richard dawkins called my belief in God a delusion!

he is a damn scientist, and his work is heavily grounded in an atheistic atmosphere.

Bill O'Reilly is not, and trust me when I say WAY more people follow him than richard lol.

Quote (s0dr2)
actually anybody offended by anything needs to grow up

I don't think it is about being offended. I think it is more so being imaged as a bad guy, but idk that is a very complex issue.

Quote (Greeny)
I hate atheists that take up the fight against christianity. Technology is secular, it drives society. All of society is yours. And you're basically running it off the road.

Just go away you lackluster seedling.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Greeny Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 7:57 AM | Message # 32

OGs
Words can hurt you know :(

:)
Menace Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 7:02 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (s0dr2)
man menace, speaking of me having a hug, i was at a funeral and my brother and his friends decided to hug the family and i just stood there from a distance watching like the coward i was because i saw they were giving actual hugs and i was unsure if i would also give a hug cause i was less closer to the family or if i should just shake hands...and i can sense they were conscious of me not consolidating them...and i also thought that the passing away of someone i knew would be a rejuvenation in my heart and change my habits of sinning yet i keep on falling menace, i dont know what to do..

facepalm

About atheists not being persecuted, well of course they are... researched showed that atheists are most hated and distrusted minority in the USA. And lets not start talking about other countries, because here where I live, the Church is pretty much part of the state, the priests are paid from the state budget, orthodox Christianity is pretty much a compulsory class in school, if you say you are an atheists nobody hires you, evolution was taken out of the school curriculum, and the list can go on.

Adam Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 7:04 PM | Message # 34

B-Girls
Oh my jeebus! menace I love you, you aren't affected my his spells either! *sheds tear*

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 7:33 PM | Message # 35

OGs
Quote (Menace)
About atheists not being persecuted, well of course they are... researched showed that atheists are most hated and distrusted minority in the USA. And lets not start talking about other countries, because here where I live, the Church is pretty much part of the state, the priests are paid from the state budget, orthodox Christianity is pretty much a compulsory class in school, if you say you are an atheists nobody hires you, evolution was taken out of the school curriculum, and the list can go on.

i was criticising the video itself, i never said atheists dont get persecuted. and its not just atheists, muslims and christians get persecuted too and im sure ur aware of copts situation in egypt which i doubt is better than atheists in romania

btw why dont you just conceal the fact that your atheist to get hired?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Greeny Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 10:23 PM | Message # 36

OGs
Quote (Menace)
researched showed that atheists are most hated and distrusted minority in the USA.

I'd like to see source for this very much.

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 30/Aug/12, 10:41 PM | Message # 37

OGs
also i love how you say evolution being taken out of the school ciriculum is an attack against atheism when the two have nothing to do wtih each other.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Tuesday, 04/Sep/12, 12:03 PM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (Greeny)
I'd like to see source for this very much.

http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigotryprejudice/a/AtheitsHated.htm

Quote (s0dr2)
also i love how you say evolution being taken out of the school ciriculum is an attack against atheism when the two have nothing to do wtih each other

Of course it has, because its an orchestrated attack on everything that is scientific. Its an orchestrated attack on the Republic itself, which is a secular Republic based around a secular Constitution. For more information check this documentary that also deals with what i am saying among other things, turn on captions for subtitles.

Greeny Date: Friday, 07/Sep/12, 4:10 PM | Message # 39

OGs
Fuck that, I'm not buying it.
I like this quote though:
* Others saw atheists as "rampant materialists and cultural elitists" *

The rampant materialist shit is a bit nutty, but the cultural elitist bit is in my experience quite often an appropriate description of self-proclaimed atheists.
The speculations at the end of the article there were ridiculous. And how is encouraging atheists to unite and fight for secularism gonna solve the problem of people thinking they're cultural elitists?

Adam Date: Friday, 07/Sep/12, 4:18 PM | Message # 40

B-Girls
Humanism is the only way!

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 08/Sep/12, 4:45 AM | Message # 41

Heads
see look at this bullshit picture, i see stuff like this on facebook all the time, but if an atheist points it out as being stupid that makes him an elitist intolerant snob now? my uncle just posted this bullcrap, and christians will probably agree with it.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Greeny Date: Saturday, 08/Sep/12, 8:29 AM | Message # 42

OGs
That's not what I said though. I know a few of these militant atheists and they are arrogant and condescending when arguing religion. Maybe a douchebag christian would be the same, but I don't see that as much. At least not in the same degree.
I'm not talking about all atheists. I'm talking about people like Rick Dawkins and all of his devilish followers... adam.
Humanitarianism is the only way!

Adam Date: Saturday, 08/Sep/12, 9:54 AM | Message # 43

B-Girls
Quote (Greeny)
I'm talking about people like Rick Dawkins and all of his devilish followers... adam.

why do you even say that? I seriously only just started looking up RICHARD dawkins stuff! I was watching people like freethinkingatheist and the atheist experience in austin WAY before. So Richard hardly played a role in me abandoning my religion.

Humanism for 2013!

Greeny Date: Saturday, 08/Sep/12, 2:58 PM | Message # 44

OGs
Thought it'd annoy you. Humanitarianism from 2012 till

s0dr2 Date: Sunday, 09/Sep/12, 9:11 PM | Message # 45

OGs
Quote (EmSeeD)
my uncle just posted this bullcrap, and christians will probably agree with it.

dat generalization

Forum » Knowledge » Religion » Hug An Atheist
Search: