[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador 
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » What is your LEAST favorite type of Hip-Hop?
What is your LEAST favorite type of Hip-Hop?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 3:25 AM | Message # 16

Emcees
grime is highly annoying to me.
i'm fond as fuck to houston's 90's hiphop movement. chopped/screwed, that whole shit really embodied an entire coast that was pretty much ignored until recently when dudes like Spaceghostpurrpp got attention... fuck him by the way. just my take though. seemed to capture an entire era of hiphop that went undocumented outside of the culture itself... the tape circuit and shit was the only thing that kept it going, no press gave a fuck about it. it was DIY. i like that. they did it because they wanted to. and for datcodiene.
i've grown less and less fond of political rappers over the years, you can only rap about politics for so long. after a while I find myself wanting to tell immortal technique to shut the fuck up and have some fun with it and stop being such a dickhead to anyone that doesn't want to violently overthrow everything that he isn't apart of.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Adam Date: Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 2:43 PM | Message # 17

B-Girls
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
that whole shit really embodied an entire coast that was pretty much ignored until recently when dudes like Spaceghostpurrpp got attention...

southern artist such as paul wall, keke, z-ro, ugk, have already broken into maintstream. I don't believe sgp has even had as much success as some of those guys.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
I find myself wanting to tell immortal technique to shut the fuck up and have some fun with it and stop being such a dickhead to anyone that doesn't want to violently overthrow everything that he isn't apart of.

immortal technique talks about relevant stuff and doesn't repeat the same story each time, and in his defense he already refers to himself as a variant of che, so why do you expect him to produce happy songs?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
KingGoo Date: Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 3:30 PM | Message # 18

Rappers
Quote (Adam)
immortal technique talks about relevant stuff and doesn't repeat the same story each time

not sure if serious..... he has a few good tracks but when you listen to more than one or two at once you notice every song is just "uuh government's out to get you, 9/11's a conspiracy, i'm super political cause i rap about the government all the time, also i'm the best rapper ever suck my dick! btw did i mention the government sucks?" on repeat over and over again. can't stand him cause of that shit.

Rep the bay

http://www.last.fm/user/Romencer17
http://soundcloud.com/doobilicious
http://soundcloud.com/rome-yamilov
ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 4:18 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
Quote (Adam)
southern artist such as paul wall, keke, z-ro, ugk, have already broken into maintstream. I don't believe sgp has even had as much success as some of those guys.

fuck paul wall... actually fuck all of them except ugk. but i agree. they were more successful.. more recently though. look back intothe 90's. similar to how the so-cal punk movement was popular. it wasnt' popular, but at the same time, it was.

Quote (Adam)
immortal technique talks about relevant stuff and doesn't repeat the same story each time, and in his defense he already refers to himself as a variant of che, so why do you expect him to produce happy songs?

because life is too short to bitch all the time. have fun. celebrate life. corny yes, but shit, we could be alot worse off.he doesn't seem thankful for anything.

Adam Date: Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 5:38 PM | Message # 20

B-Girls
Quote (ilikebacon3000)

fuck paul wall... actually fuck all of them except ugk. but i agree. they were more successful.. more recently though. look back intothe 90's. similar to how the so-cal punk movement was popular. it wasnt' popular, but at the same time, it was.

z-ro would destroy both bun b and pimp c alone, how can you say recently? outkast and geto boys both had a big impact in the 90's.

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
because life is too short to bitch all the time. have fun. celebrate life. corny yes, but shit, we could be alot worse off.he doesn't seem thankful for anything.

You are right about life being to short to bitch all the time, but if that is what you think tech does, then you are not aware of what he does. Plus there is no reason to diss tech for sticking to a formula, a formula that works mind you.

Quote (KingGoo)
two at once

lol

tech is not super political because he raps, he helps out so much with charity work and volunteering. He owns up to what he says, instead of just complaining or whining which seems to be your ill-founded percepction of him. Plus you have to understand that the majority of people still aren't aware of tech's message, so for that it is his choice to keep promoting the power of the people.

Message edited by Adam - Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 5:42 PM
Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 01/Jul/12, 7:00 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Ayyyyyyyye, my boy Adam actually said some shit I nodded my head to.

Sick With It
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 02/Jul/12, 0:29 AM | Message # 22

Heads
^ What he said :D Adam is defending IT I can't believe it, you were hating on him before. tbh the only album I listened to from him was Revolutionary Vol. 1 but even then it was just a quick listen

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Adam Date: Monday, 02/Jul/12, 7:06 AM | Message # 23

B-Girls
I've heard all of his albums, and I only dissed him before just to parody the activism prevalent with real hip hop heads. Though I am not arogant enough to believe tech a nuisance or whiner.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 02/Jul/12, 4:47 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (Adam)
Though I am not arogant enough to believe tech a nuisance or whiner.

i agree with this. i take back what i initially said.
although his music still gets on my nerves....

Revue Date: Wednesday, 11/Jul/12, 3:44 AM | Message # 25

Rappers
Rep I can't stand:

Horrorecore , but I won't lie..Gravediggas 6 feet deep was dope!
Club rap - Seriously, how many people are going to rap about being in the club,asses, popping bottles, banging hoes, throwing hunnids, and ballin. It's starting to sound like one big ass remix.
Trap rap- See explanation for club rap, except add killing to the mix. However, Freddie Gibbs is doing it.

One who knows everything knows nothing.
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 11/Jul/12, 9:41 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (Revue)
However, Freddie Gibbs is doing it.

Freddie Gibbs is more Lyrical Gangsta rap to me than he is trap rap. Trap rap is like Gucci Mane and Yo Gotti.

Sick With It
Greeny Date: Thursday, 12/Jul/12, 2:57 AM | Message # 27

OGs
Trap rap has a nice cling to it. Imma steal that term and use it as my own style. My shit is strictly fo ma trannies, namean.

Ragnar
Revue Date: Wednesday, 29/Aug/12, 6:11 AM | Message # 28

Rappers
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Freddie Gibbs is more Lyrical Gangsta rap to me than he is trap rap. Trap rap is like Gucci Mane and Yo Gott

I agree. I like Freddie Gibbs. He raps about the same stuff, but he makes it believable. His stuff seems very real and he adds a certain griminess to it.

And yes..Gucci Mane is turrible. Add 2 Chains to the mix.

One who knows everything knows nothing.
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » What is your LEAST favorite type of Hip-Hop?
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: