[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador 
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » The Secret Meeting That Changed Hip-Hop
The Secret Meeting That Changed Hip-Hop
Greeny Date: Saturday, 12/May/12, 6:58 AM | Message # 16

OGs
If we agree on the definition of paranoia, then it'd be very unlikely if paranoid people were right most of the time. Naturally you shouldn't dismiss everything a paranoid person says, but their being paranoid is a reason to be skeptical.
I'm bit paranoid myself. Hard to control. Always gotta overthink shit, assume there's more to things than there really is. The most common feeling in the universe, right?
Definition of paranoia is very subjective though. Not actual paranoia though, I'm sure psychologists got that defined well. But as to when suspicion is unreasonable, that's subjective.

Man, I keep doing this lately.. Taking the discussion way off topic.

Ragnar
Adam Date: Saturday, 12/May/12, 10:15 AM | Message # 17

B-Girls
Fuck you greeny, this is about death row and their secret meeting with my nigga puff daddy.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
PrincesitaCRose Date: Sunday, 13/May/12, 0:04 AM | Message # 18

Writers
EmSeeD howzit goin' !! Thanks for your comment and just have to add - GO ALL BLACKS my favourite rugby team) & re my previous comment (and yes, this time guys will try to keep it "brief" ;-) is that the answer is not to blame society or the corporations - or the media - that will get us nowhere? we need to make a lasting and effective change since the laws of business trading were altered many years ago that were originally put in place to give equal rights to BENEFIT newly freed African American slaves after a "corporation lawyer" took it to court claiming that they deserve the EXACT same RIGHTS / "SPECIAL TREATMENT" considering the "corporation itself" was a "legal person" as well? Er; uh i don't think so buddy and how that law EVER GET PASSED IN THE FIRST PLACE IS COMPLETELY BEYOND ME AND ANYTHING I KNOW re: @The Corporation (ground breaking film) And now, getting back to the music side of things that as well as the high standard of Australian talent on the scene and I have to say personally, I am just as equally if not more impressed with raw, ruff, fresh & edgy style that comes out of NZ an undiscovered Babylon in itself... I also believe that "true" HIP HOP music as a *PEACE AND LOVE* genre never really left the scene - it was just sleeping !!!

Added (13/May/12, 0:04 AM)
---------------------------------------------
In a sentence - relevance is key ;-))

Kaz
Greeny Date: Sunday, 13/May/12, 4:21 AM | Message # 19

OGs
rofl

Ragnar
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 13/May/12, 5:02 AM | Message # 20

Heads
I only like the all blacks sometimes, i only had that for the world cup, i back fiji first

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EverGlazed Date: Sunday, 13/May/12, 6:17 PM | Message # 21

Writers
Very interesting..

There are definitely private prisons in the states, and people/corporations do have stakes (shares) in them. The companies do also receive funding based on the amount of inmates.
I thought that was pretty well known to be honest...

It isn't that crazy to think that these corporations would try to promote (and therefore increase) criminality, to increase profits. The timing and the specifics do make sense with this as well, for the most part..

Gangsta Rap did take over the airwaves at about that time, and stayed there consistently long enough for many people to fill their pockets.

What got me thinking was that it was said by someone that 'it's bigger than the music industry'..
Could this have been in conjunction with other meetings across the different influential industries, with plans to increase criminality? How many different industries had a stake in private prisons?
I mean, surely Gangsta Rap alone couldn't increase criminality that much that fast?

The US does have the largest incarceration rate in the world...

(As of 2009, the incarceration rate is 743 per 100,000 of national population (0.743%).
The US has 5% of the worlds population but, a quarter of the worlds prison inmates)
..Wiki

With private prisons that means A LOT of money!!

What makes this story unbelievable to me though, is the use of guns in a meeting which enforced an importance in discretion.
I really don't know though...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EverGlazed?feature=mhum
Adam Date: Sunday, 13/May/12, 6:21 PM | Message # 22

B-Girls
This could also be said and has been said for violent movies. So if you believe gangsta rap can effect people enough to make them want to commit crimes then you must believe that films do that as well. But for me the only thing that could be blamed at trying to increase crime rates that comes to my mind is subjugation with housing retailers. Who bottle up minorities in specific areas and neighborhoods. That alone creates a pack mentality for basic survival which greatly leads to incarceration.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!

Message edited by Adam - Sunday, 13/May/12, 6:24 PM
Greeny Date: Monday, 14/May/12, 5:44 PM | Message # 23

OGs
It might be bigger than the music business, but the music business is damn big, and it's international, a potential audience of 7 billion people, whereas america populates like 300 millions? So it's got to be something huge that popular music is supporting. Promoting clothing trends would be a big business, I'm sure they've consciously combined those two long ago. 1980's proved that it affected the trend, with Adidas and Pumas...
Looks like violent crimes haven't gone up in america since gangsta rap escalated, though prison inmates have gone up every year by like 7% since 1990, and the american population has increased near 38% since 1980. So jail population growth has gone apeshit crazy since 80's (check wiki, it's madness) while the national population has increased much more modestly the same period. Might be because of better police equipment, might be because of stupider laws, might be because of stupider judges and/or juries, might be because of prejudice cops, might be because kids are too gangsta to be careful not to be caught after doing some stupid shit and so going down the wrong path. Might very well be because of drugs.

I can't believe people are allowed to invest in imprisonment. That's incredibly amoral. Something that crazy should be well known.

Ragnar

Message edited by Greeny - Monday, 14/May/12, 5:45 PM
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » The Secret Meeting That Changed Hip-Hop
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: