[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected
eboyd Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 11:21 PM | Message # 16

Heads
I know that. Shit is obvious. Why you think they made "America's Most Blunted"?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 11:40 PM | Message # 17

Heads
ok thats it then pass it over here menace, maybe i can spit lol..j/k.. good night fam smile

Chinita Date: Thursday, 22/Jan/09, 11:47 PM | Message # 18

Heads
hey erik do u remember the name of that muslim gurl u posted in here one time.. i thnk she was rapping about her mom.. want to add her video to the muslim hip hop..

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 0:00 AM | Message # 19

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
jay-z is garbage !! viva la revolucion !! viva El proletariado !! Muerte a Empresas capitalista rappers

thinking Too much abot the politics and capitolism and all that shit of a musical culture that started as an escape from that bullshit is poisonous to the culture.... shit is supposed to be fun and an escape from that bullshit so why keep drilling it into our heads?!?! Sorry..... Drunk as hell right now and may change that opinion a little tomorrow but, fuck!!... "HipHop started out in the park" not in some secret government fuckin' facility........ Menace Man, U gotta start trying to enjoy the music and understand we're not all in some masonic fuckin' temple being brainwashed and shit when we put a CD on........ I Love poppin' in a Jay-Z tape here and there and just feelin' what he's got to say....I mean he came from the struggle and made it out and is now throwin' it in faces of those who always said people like him can't....what's so wrong with that????? Lighten Up home boy- Life is Good.... Not always, but we all still wanna live so it must have something going for it.

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 0:07 AM | Message # 20

Heads
Hey, let Menace have his opinion. That's what this thread is for. Respect it while disagreeing. That is what makes everything fun. We are able to have a melting pot of contrasting opinions and that is what makes this beautiful. Menace is into politics and revolution. Let him bring his revolutionary attitude into his opinion and don't ask questions.

As for your question chinita, sorry, I forgot. As Menace.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 0:14 AM | Message # 21

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
Hey, let Menace have his opinion

of course I let him..... i can't stop it and don't want to really - he's his own man ...... at the same time tho' - Let me have mine, right?!?!? I just want a guy like him to enjoy hiphop for what its worth cuz i feel like he's not getting the full experience due to is one tracked mind, feel me???

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 0:21 AM | Message # 22

Heads
That is more like it. The way you presented it before it was more of an opposition to his opinion though. Think about this though: Menace has a specific mindset and because of it he's not trying to have fun with his music, he listens to music to gain insight and motivation. It's like someone who goes to clubs every day. They are in the mindset that music is only to dance to. You will never hear them listening to anything we listen to. Why? Because they think differently than we do about the music. The way you think dictates what you like and dislike.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 0:49 AM | Message # 23

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
That is more like it. The way you presented it before it was more of an opposition to his opinion though. Think about this though: Menace has a specific mindset and because of it he's not trying to have fun with his music, he listens to music to gain insight and motivation. It's like someone who goes to clubs every day. They are in the mindset that music is only to dance to. You will never hear them listening to anything we listen to. Why? Because they think differently than we do about the music. The way you think dictates what you like and dislike.

i like that e..:)

Quote (LethaFace)
of course I let him..... i can't stop it and don't want to really - he's his own man ...... at the same time tho' - Let me have mine, right?!?!? I just want a guy like him to enjoy hiphop for what its worth cuz i feel like he's not getting the full experience due to is one tracked mind, feel me???

i feel u and understand what ur saying, deffinately but its true how erik put it and menace does have fun, he's very funny and does love expressing his opinions and he's teaching us alot.. i can't tell u how much i've learned just reading everything he posts in this site or what he writes. we all bring something different to this site and its what i love about it. we can't change people or i wouldnt want to try to change anyone but just respect who they are and represent..

11thPlague Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 0:53 AM | Message # 24

Removed
Quote (eboyd)

Menace presents things the same way and no one tells him nothing and they shouldnt. let menace answer back. you know what i mean let them have that debate with themselves. lol kinda like when i said kanye is good and he said it aint and we were going back and forth thats cool you know

eboyd Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 1:03 AM | Message # 25

Heads
Yes, it is, and I'm not going at Menace at all here. He's one of the few that understands. People knock his opinion constantly and he's resilliant to it because he understands that it isn't personal. A lot of people here though are serious about that shit and we've lost members in the past because of it (SuperGavin, vinceE45. We even almost lost PNoble at one point). It's cool to do it elsewhere, but in this thread respect. This way we can come here and understand what we all feel about different subjects so we know to respect.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 1:05 AM | Message # 26

Heads
Besides, I've seen msg boards on a lot of sites (OkayPlayer, UGHH, etc.) turn to shit because of idiots consistently arguing over trivial shit and I never want to see that here.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 5:46 AM | Message # 27

Heads
MF Doom is overrated by the underground. He's alright as a rapper and good as a producer but he isn't that good. He can be boring too.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
NtG Date: Friday, 23/Jan/09, 8:40 AM | Message # 28

Heads
i only like one Wu Tang song and it is Verbal Intercourse. the only reason i like it is because NaS spits a legendary verse in it.

[deleted]
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:02 AM | Message # 29

Emcees
MC lyte could rip 75% male rappers in a battle imo

and Queen latifa can get about 45%

Big Pun aint overrated

i cant stand Krs-one he not in my top 25...but i still respect what he does for hip-hop

Canibus aint consistent 2 me

hip-hop got a lil 2 serious...and when fun tries 2 get back in it like party tracks dats when people say its dead

dead prez can suck a dick....when i seen dem niggas dey did right by diss n bush and da government...but dem niggas was talkn shit about obama and dey dissed da crowd 2

radio and T.V. didnt kill hip-hop labels do

Some mainstream artist are better then some underground artist

the underground has a FULL share of wack ass niggas on the mic 2

and da biggest ones i had trouble with that i've said b4

there are a few rappers that are better then some MC's, you can be a sellout underground, and just because your underground dont mean your dope or your a MC

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Message edited by PNobleDaLyricist - Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:06 AM
Menace Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:20 AM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
dead prez can suck a dick....when i seen dem niggas dey did right by diss n bush and da government...but dem niggas was talkn shit about obama and dey dissed da crowd 2

them niggas are not "house niggas" and apolitical people can't understand dead prez and what they say u are apolitical its ok but dont judge them cause u dont understand them and for people who think dead prez are racists i got news for them they are black nationalists i gotta say that black nationalism is a response to white nationalism, while white nationalism is the expression of white supremacy.

Quote (LethaFace)
thinking Too much abot the politics and capitolism and all that shit of a musical culture that started as an escape from that bullshit is poisonous to the culture.... shit is supposed to be fun and an escape from that bullshit so why keep drilling it into our heads?!?! Sorry..... Drunk as hell right now and may change that opinion a little tomorrow but, fuck!!... "HipHop started out in the park" not in some secret government fuckin' facility........ Menace Man, U gotta start trying to enjoy the music and understand we're not all in some masonic fuckin' temple being brainwashed and shit when we put a CD on........ I Love poppin' in a Jay-Z tape here and there and just feelin' what he's got to say....I mean he came from the struggle and made it out and is now throwin' it in faces of those who always said people like him can't....what's so wrong with that????? Lighten Up home boy- Life is Good.... Not always, but we all still wanna live so it must have something going for it.

lol dude don't start arguing whit me the history of hip hop cause hip hop started as a "social movement" not entirely a music genre thats why is called hip hop culture not cause she has 4 elements cause she's an actual sub culture hip hop is more political then u ever think in fact "party" music didn't make hip hop famous u know what saved hip hop from dying in the 80's ?? yeah in the 80's hip hop was like dying and just that time Grandmaster Flash came out whit The message and literally saved hip hop cause it brought a dose of reality to a music genre compress by partying and that what made us big and not to mention the fathers like Gill Scott Heron , The Last Poets and such hip hop itself has her roots in those times in the 60's in the activist time of the 60's thats why people are calling Gill Scott Heron's stuff now days Proto-Rap its more deep then u think my boy and Jay-z is a genuine coon for me and i recommend u this short film Lethaface and thats the problem why hip hop now days is looked down cause everybody sees us as coon ass monkeys who smoke weed and dance to heavy beats they think we can't debate on a intellectual level our culture

KRS-ONE: Hip Hop Beyond Entertainment
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2210962754622668554

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Search: