[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:28 AM | Message # 31

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
them niggas are not "house niggas" and apolitical people can't understand dead prez and what they say u are apolitical its ok but dont judge them cause u dont understand them and for people who think dead prez are racists i got news for them they are black nationalists i gotta say that black nationalism is a response to white nationalism, while white nationalism is the expression of white supremacy

did i call dem house niggas? no
did i call them racist? no

i aint gotta know every thing in politics 2 no when some one say n "obama is just a tool, your not voting for obama your voting for joe biden"
is disrespectful...i dont care how long dey been "black nationalists" call n a man a tool is disrespectful in my book...and since when does "black nationalists" diss the people that cheer them on? da only reason dey got away with it is because everyone in da crowd was pretty much high or drunk except for me my uncle and untie

Added (24/Jan/09, 2:28 Am)
---------------------------------------------
and im still calm type n dat yu

Mainground

RHHF rap

16-7-0 69%(if u round its 70% doe) tournaments won =1

tournament record: 4-3

exhibition record: 12-4

Menace Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:30 AM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
i aint gotta know every thing in politics 2 no when some one say n "obama is just a tool, your not voting for obama your voting for joe biden"
is disrespectful...i dont care how long dey been "black nationalists" call n a man a tool is disrespectful in my book...and since when does "black nationalists" diss the people that cheer them on? da only reason dey got away with it is because everyone in da crowd was pretty much high or drunk except for me my uncle and untie

well black nationalism saved your life and ensured Obama's place whit out a black identity u would still be a slave and yes Obama is a tool what u think ?? u think presidents act on their own?? well Obama is still endorsed by Wall Street and the corporate sector tell me for u a dude who dont give a shit about politics what that means for u?? when a person invests in u huge money he own u no? he invested in u and u will pay off his dues no? its logic man not politics

eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:33 AM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
MC lyte could rip 75% male rappers in a battle imo

my boy Schwapp said that LL Cool J wrote all her rhymes. don't know how true that is or where he got it from though.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
dead prez can suck a dick....when i seen dem niggas dey did right by diss n bush and da government...but dem niggas was talkn shit about obama and dey dissed da crowd 2

Obama is just another politician. Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, Mit Romney (don't think he was on the bill though), etc., though still just politicians, would be 10x better choices than Obama.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
radio and T.V. didnt kill hip-hop labels do

they all play their role in the demise of music in general, but yes, labels do the most damage.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
Some mainstream artist are better then some underground artist

agreed.

Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
there are a few rappers that are better then some MC's, you can be a sellout underground, and just because your underground dont mean your dope or your a MC

you don't understand the conceptual difference between a rapper and an MC. a rapper is out for the money and has limited skill. an MC does it for the art and has a more broad variety of skills. therefore no rapper can be better than an MC. there are wack underground rappers though and there are a few mainstream artists better than most underground.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:55 AM | Message # 34

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
my boy Schwapp said that LL Cool J wrote all her rhymes. don't know how true that is or where he got it from though.

LL cant even write his own lyrics good so i disagree with that lol

Quote (eboyd)
you don't understand the conceptual difference between a rapper and an MC. a rapper is out for the money and has limited skill. an MC does it for the art and has a more broad variety of skills. therefore no rapper can be better than an MC. there are wack underground rappers though and there are a few mainstream artists better than most underground

probably not the best examples but for me Papoose Cassidy ludacris and kanye aint limited in skill and dey do hip-hop from the heart...im not including the 4th album kanye...1-3 kanye...dey all slowly had changed cuz of money but when dey speak about hip-hop dey still speak with the essence...all can story tell, do songs with life, songs that people havent really done b4 and pulled it off, lyrical tracks, and still holds the title as a rapper...i still think pac is a rapper and he fits perfectly in that category

i no the concepts i learned alot(and i did say this topic was a big 1) but rapper vs MC....you cant say dat jay-z didnt give Nas a go in that battle...and jay-z damn show aint a rapper...but i think lyrically he better den a few MC's...Jin has lost to 2 rappers(serius jones and iron solomon) battle rappers at that...if i rephrase and say that a few rappers could give a few MC's a run for there money will that suit better?

Mainground

RHHF rap

Message edited by PNobleDaLyricist - Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 2:59 AM
eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 3:09 AM | Message # 35

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
probably not the best examples but for me Papoose Cassidy ludacris and kanye aint limited in skill and dey do hip-hop from the heart...im not including the 4th album kanye...1-3 kanye...dey all slowly had changed cuz of money but when dey speak about hip-hop dey still speak with the essence...all can story tell, do songs with life, songs that people havent really done b4 and pulled it off, lyrical tracks, and still holds the title as a rapper...i still think pac is a rapper and he fits perfectly in that category

i no the concepts i learned alot(and i did say this topic was a big 1) but rapper vs MC....you cant say dat jay-z didnt give Nas a go in that battle...and jay-z damn show aint a rapper...but i think lyrically he better den a few MC's...Jin has lost to 2 rappers(serius jones and iron solomon) battle rappers at that...if i rephrase and say that a few rappers could give a few MC's a run for there money will that suit better?

no. those dudes are NOT rappers. Cassidy, minus tracks like "Drank And My 2 Step" is an MC. Papoose is DEFINITELY an MC, when Kanye gets lyrical it is because Common ("All Falls Down" and several other tracks off of "College Dropout"), Jay-Z (just about every verse from any Jay-Z albums he's on and any exclusive Rocafella work) and Rhymefest wrote the lyrics for him. otherwise he's just another borderline decent rapper, Jay-Z, though recently became a corporate sellout rapper, was definitely an MC back in the day, and Jin, Serius Jones and Iron Solomon are all battle MCs because they will do it just to do it. how much money have those dudes made? not much, so how could they be sellouts? they have lyrical skill like CRAZY and they don't do it for the money (or at least when they do they aren't successful). and Pac became a corporate sellout rapper during "All Eyez On Me" because it was a ticket out of jail and even then he had meaningful tracks AND before he died he was getting ready to leave Death Row and make the same music he made before the move.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

PNobleDaLyricist Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 3:25 AM | Message # 36

Emcees
i never called any of them "sellouts"...i hate use n dat term anyway

but if u step 2 somebody and say there name...some one would b like he a raw ass RAPPER...Pap is lyrical but because of Kay slay he became more of a battle/street rapper...cassidy a MC? 1 album dont do it for me he just found new talent for himself...through the wire and last call)even most of the 3rd album) was all kanye alone and he murdered it but everyone says he a raw producer/rapper

my point was that not all rappers have limited skill and not all rappers do it for money and dey do it for the same reasons as a MC but hasn't reached that MC status Yet...dere on the verge though but dey all need more time...some more then others

Mainground

RHHF rap

eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 3:29 AM | Message # 37

Heads
Quote (PNobleDaLyricist)
i never called any of them "sellouts"...i hate use n dat term anyway

but if u step 2 somebody and say there name...some one would b like he a raw ass RAPPER...Pap is lyrical but because of Kay slay he became more of a battle/street rapper...cassidy a MC? 1 album dont do it for me he just found new talent for himself...through the wire and last call)even most of the 3rd album) was all kanye alone and he murdered it but everyone says he a raw producer/rapper

my point was that not all rappers have limited skill and not all rappers do it for money and dey do it for the same reasons as a MC but hasn't reached that MC status Yet...dere on the verge though but dey all need more time...some more then others

being more experienced doesn't make you an MC either. Wayne has been around since 96 and dude will NEVER be an MC. on the same token, Blu is BRAND NEW and dude IS an MC, and a raw ass MC at that.

it's like KRS-One said it, "an MC is a representative of hip hop culture. a rapper is a representative of corporate interests. an MC can be a rapper, but a rapper will NEVER be an MC."

^^^that is how an MC is defined. therefore, what you have said doesn't fit right. you need to truly understand the difference to categorize.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:03 AM | Message # 38

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
it's like KRS-One said it, "an MC is a representative of hip hop culture. a rapper is a representative of corporate interests. an MC can be a rapper, but a rapper will NEVER be an MC."

but what i think he means is that some rappers who aren't emcee's have better lyrics.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Deadly-Sin Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:17 AM | Message # 39

Removed
NAS IS NOT THE GREATEST HIP-HOP ARTIST EVER!!!!
AND ILLMATIC!!! IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE GREATEST
ALBUM IN HIP-HOP HISTORY, THE ALBUM IS GOOD!! NOT GREAT
THERE A FAR BETTER ALBUMS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE ALOT OF RESPECT FOR KRS-one HOWEVER!!!!!
ON THE MIC HE BORES ME, I ONLY LIKE A FEW OF HIS SONGS
THE REST I CAN SKIP WITHOUT A PROBLEM...
HIS JUST MEH
PNobleDaLyricist Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:23 AM | Message # 40

Emcees
Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
I HAVE ALOT OF RESPECT FOR KRS-one HOWEVER!!!!!
ON THE MIC HE BORES ME, I ONLY LIKE A FEW OF HIS SONGS
THE REST I CAN SKIP WITHOUT A PROBLEM...

Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
2PAC ISNT THE GREATEST....

Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
RZA IS A GREAT PRODUCER BUT ON THE MIC
HIS JUST MEH

i just got new respect for you lol

Mainground

RHHF rap

eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:36 AM | Message # 41

Heads
Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
ERIK BOYD'S TRACK OPINION HAD A BETTER BEAT
BEFORE THE REMAKE...(MIGHT BE THE SAME. BUT IT DOESNT SOUND IT)

same beat! lol!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Deadly-Sin Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:40 AM | Message # 42

Removed
KOOL G RAP IS FUCKING DOPEMATICAL
AND IS WITHOUT DOUBT ONE OF THE GREATEST
MC'S EVER BUT!!! THAT WEIRD LISP THING HE GETS
ON SOME TRACKS IS JUST ANNOYING!!
TheWatcher Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:52 AM | Message # 43

Heads
I'd agree that LL & Jay-Z are garbage. Imo though both used to be pretty good and they definitely deserve respect for having been in Hip-Hop for such a long time.
eboyd Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 4:59 AM | Message # 44

Heads
Quote (One2)
I'd agree that LL & Jay-Z are garbage. Imo though both used to be pretty good and they definitely deserve respect for having been in Hip-Hop for such a long time.

i'd have to agree with this.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 24/Jan/09, 11:34 AM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (Kriptah-Knite)
NAS IS NOT THE GREATEST HIP-HOP ARTIST EVER!!!!
AND ILLMATIC!!! IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE GREATEST
ALBUM IN HIP-HOP HISTORY, THE ALBUM IS GOOD!! NOT GREAT
THERE A FAR BETTER ALBUMS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see different...

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Search: