[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected
Greeny Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 1:48 PM | Message # 1126

OGs
Different styles is fake to you? De La Soul, the realest of the real, almost all albums had different styles. That's not fake.
But yeah, I didn't like his non-Jazzmatazz albums a lot. You should listen to Jazzmatazz vol 4. It's 2006-07.
Solar already gets a lot of shit, but he really did fuck up Guru. Of course Guru is to blame as well for the complete wackness of some of his last songs, but, well, he did have cancer, and I suppose that must've drained a lot of energy. But the final album in the Jazzmatazz series was dope all the way through. Produced by Solar, so props due there.

:)
Ratmn Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 5:49 PM | Message # 1127

DJs
Quote (Greeny)
Different styles is fake to you? De La Soul, the realest of the real, almost all albums had different styles. That's not fake. But yeah, I didn't like his non-Jazzmatazz albums a lot. You should listen to Jazzmatazz vol 4. It's 2006-07. Solar already gets a lot of shit, but he really did fuck up Guru. Of course Guru is to blame as well for the complete wackness of some of his last songs, but, well, he did have cancer, and I suppose that must've drained a lot of energy. But the final album in the Jazzmatazz series was dope all the way through. Produced by Solar, so props due there.

It's different. De La maintained the lyrics. Almost talking about the same thing every album.
Guru went from non-gangsta, to full on gangsta. Seems fake to me.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Greeny Date: Thursday, 29/Sep/11, 7:29 PM | Message # 1128

OGs
They didn't talk about the same shit on every album. Content matter has changed drastically. Just from 3 Feet High and Rising to De La Soul is Dead it changed a lot, even though production-wise they were similar.
But I actually agree with what you're saying for most part. He went with a popular concept.

Ratmn Date: Friday, 30/Sep/11, 0:11 AM | Message # 1129

DJs
Quote (Greeny)
They didn't talk about the same shit on every album. Content matter has changed drastically. Just from 3 Feet High and Rising to De La Soul is Dead it changed a lot, even though production-wise they were similar. But I actually agree with what you're saying for most part. He went with a popular concept.

Most dope, respected emcees went this way. Heavy D, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim (but, actually, he was already kinda on that gangsta tip, so, doesn't really count. Refer to Paid In Full), they all went that way circa-1993. More when the Wu got their mega hit.

Also:
Ludacris was good. SERIOUSLY good. He done sold the fuck out, doing songs for the bitches now.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Bape Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 5:46 PM | Message # 1130

Emcees
Dipset is the most important Rap Crew in the History of Forever.

Greeny Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 5:58 PM | Message # 1131

OGs
Guru had violent lyrics from the start. No More Mr. Nice Guy and Step In The Arena... You should be stoned from such blasphemy!

KrazeeTork Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 6:23 PM | Message # 1132

Removed
Cannibal Ox ain't as good as people say.. They're alright but they ain't nothing great.

Blis N Eso (Australian dudes). Are whack they've got like maybe 3/4 songs that are good the rest suck.

2pac was borning as hell. Had amazing lyrics and could hold it down with ease. But, He was still borning.

Snoop Dogg is the most shit house rapper ever. I haven't heard anything good from him once.
Adam Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 7:02 PM | Message # 1133

B-Girls
Quote (KrazeeTork)
Cannibal Ox ain't as good as people say.. They're alright but they ain't nothing great.

its not cannibal ox its el-p thats great.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Bape Date: Wednesday, 19/Oct/11, 8:03 PM | Message # 1134

Emcees
I've played Stillmatic wayyyyyyy more than i've played Illmatic 0_0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 19/Oct/11, 8:22 PM | Message # 1135

B-Girls
Me to, stillmatic just had those nostalgic tracks...

I take a glimpse into time watch the blimp read...

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 23/Mar/12, 5:27 AM | Message # 1136

Heads
Quote (Bape)

joys us choist bounce

Quote (Adam)
Me to, stillmatic just had those nostalgic tracks...

liar

Odd Future aka Tyler the Creator is way too immature, this dude comes out with shit i'd expect a 13 year old to say

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 16/May/12, 9:23 AM | Message # 1137

Heads
Quote (Bape)

I've played Untitled more than Illmatic.
Thats not to say it was better tho. Illmatic is more of an essential than a favorite. Its on my iPod cuz you can't have Nas in your iPod without having illmatic.

Honestly, I still dont see why Untitled is unpopular on this site. I can listen to that album to this day and still enjoy it. Y'all's distaste for this album goes beyond my head.

Sick With It
Melhex Date: Tuesday, 12/Jun/12, 1:38 AM | Message # 1138

Emcees
I dont like kanye west or Jay Z.

The Artisan (AKA) The Answer
Treach Date: Tuesday, 12/Jun/12, 12:54 PM | Message # 1139

OGs
Quote (Melhex)
I dont like kanye west or Jay Z.

i do dig jays first album and a few select tracks later on tho

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
KingGoo Date: Tuesday, 12/Jun/12, 12:59 PM | Message # 1140

Rappers
yeah i can respect jay's earlier shit though i still don't care to actualyl listen to it on my own. as for kayne, everything i've heard from his has ranged from very mediocre and boring to just straight up terrible.

Rep the bay

http://www.last.fm/user/Romencer17
http://soundcloud.com/doobilicious
http://soundcloud.com/rome-yamilov
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected (Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions You Wish To Be Respected)
Search: