[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
what do you rate this album????
1. 0-10 [ 2 ] [18.18%]
2. 20-30 [ 0 ] [0.00%]
3. 40-50 [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. 60-70 [ 1 ] [9.09%]
5. 80-90 [ 5 ] [45.45%]
6. 100 [ 3 ] [27.27%]
Answers total: 11
Treach Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 12:39 PM | Message # 61

OGs
Quote (barut)
In brief, there are not so many lady mc's in rap. in my opinion, excluding her out of the community of "real hiphop" would be a fault. We really need some successful women in our music

we're not gonna say nicki minaj is real just because she is a fucking female. we actually have DOPE REAL female MC's in the game, jean grae, mc lyte, bahamadia, lauryn hill (even though i heard she sucks now) etc

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO

Message edited by Treach - Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 12:40 PM
barut Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 4:19 PM | Message # 62

Rappers
Dont misunderstand me, but i wonder what are the criterias for you to count somebody a "real" rapper? For example, why lyte is a "real" mc for you and nicki is not?

follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pslbarut
on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pslbarut
Abstract Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 5:31 PM | Message # 63

Rappers
Quote (barut)
Dont misunderstand me, but i wonder what are the criterias for you to count somebody a "real" rapper? For example, why lyte is a "real" mc for you and nicki is not?

We divide rappers into 2 sections. Underground and Mainstream. Nicki minaj = mainstream. jean grae = underground. First and foremost, make sure you know (hopefully) the difference between underground and mainstream hip hop. 99% of us here support underground, because their the most honest about what they spit (say) and have real lyricism. I understand what your trying to say, but comparing her lyricism to an underground female rapper is like comparing justin bieber and 2pac. Even if she has a punchline here and there, that doesnt make her good. Just learn the difference between underground and mainstream, then you'll know what we mean by her and the rest of the useless rappers in the mainstream scene.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 10:10 PM | Message # 64

Heads
Invincible, Jean Grae, Bahamadia, Lady of Rage, Empress Stahhr, Da Brat, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Monie Love, Eve, Lauryn Hill, Rah Digga, etc. Even Lil Kim and Foxy Brown can fit into this category. Nicki will NEVER touch the talent of these female emcees.

Do me a favor, post some Nicki Minaj lines that impress you. If she has stories or other tracks that are better to listen to as a whole than just lines, post those as well. I haven't heard anything impressive at all and, from what I've heard so far, she's extremely one dimensional. I'm just curious to see if you can change my mind. She also doesn't show any signs, to me at least, that she has any tricks up her sleeve besides obvious gimmicks. To me she's in the same category as Soulja Boy.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 11:04 PM | Message # 65

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
To me she's in the same category as Soulja Boy.

Wow hahaha thats too low of a judgement even for Nicki. She's like...in the category with Wanye, T.I., Jeezy, Kanye IMO
But then again..u have tor ealize Nicki Minaj is a new 25 year old artist. No doubt she's a gimmick.
Thats understandable and clear to see.
But her gimmick isnt hurting or changing anything in your life so why should it matter?
Quote (Abstract)
We divide rappers into 2 sections. Underground and Mainstream. Nicki minaj = mainstream. jean grae = underground. First and foremost, make sure you know (hopefully) the difference between underground and mainstream hip hop. 99% of us here support underground, because their the most honest about what they spit (say) and have real lyricism. I understand what your trying to say, but comparing her lyricism to an underground female rapper is like comparing justin bieber and 2pac. Even if she has a punchline here and there, that doesnt make her good. Just learn the difference between underground and mainstream, then you'll know what we mean by her and the rest of the useless rappers in the mainstream scene.

Who said u cant enjoy Nicki Minaj and Jean Grae at the same time tho?
Its coo to acknowledge one is more lyrical than the other but what if someone still finds her music entertaining?

Thats why I think that whole "Real Hip Hop" vs. "Mainstream Hip Hop" is bullshit cuz at the end of the day its ur MP3 or iPod and noone elses lol

Sick With It
Adam Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 11:47 PM | Message # 66

B-Girls
Quote (Lord_Meth)
But her gimmick isnt hurting or changing anything in your life so why should it matter?

what r u talking about... THATS WHAT THIS DAMN SITE IS ABOUT SON!!!! DAYUMN

i guess becoming an adult has also drained your whole entire motivation to get balance on the air waves.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
NtG Date: Thursday, 16/Dec/10, 11:56 PM | Message # 67

Heads
Quote (Lord_Meth)
ts coo to acknowledge one is more lyrical than the other but what if someone still finds her music entertaining?
Thats why I think that whole "Real Hip Hop" vs. "Mainstream Hip Hop" is bullshit cuz at the end of the day its ur MP3 or iPod and noone elses lol

lol dude, i love Young Jeezy, Chamillionaire, hell even some T.I. here and there, but Nicki minaj is UNBEARABLE to listen to.

[deleted]
barut Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 5:41 AM | Message # 68

Rappers
I hate the discrimination in the music. This is what rockers and the metal bastards do. Progressive rock, psychedelic rock, hard rock, death rock, punk rock, pop rock, rock rock(!) wtf??? :) Now we do the same. I used to support underground rap fanaticly and i used to hate that famous bastards, but nowadays i see it a little bit absurd. Do you know why? Let me explain you why.

Because you like some underground rappers and you follow him/her, after a few years, if he/she is talented, he/she become a mainstream rapper and you get shocked. The infamous was a fucking keystone of 90's rap and now they are with 50 cent :). For me, the important thing is the spirit of the rap. Yeah I still follow underground shit, but i like some of that mainstream rappers too - if they got this spirit inside.

The important thing is LYRICS in rap. If somebody has a PASSION, has an ANGER or another EMOTION in the song, and has some TALENT of course, we should say this is a fucking REAL HIPHOP.

By the way Don't forget this is a MAINSTREAM rapper's topic:). :p

Adam Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 7:13 AM | Message # 69

B-Girls
... so just because none of us like nikki we automatically hate all of mainstream. God damn who the hell even said that shit. Nobody

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
s0dr2 Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 11:21 AM | Message # 70

OGs
i only heard nicki in monster and check it out but she sounds cool to me

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Abstract Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 12:20 PM | Message # 71

Rappers
Quote (barut)
Because you like some underground rappers and you follow him/her, after a few years, if he/she is talented, he/she become a mainstream rapper and you get shocked. The infamous was a fucking keystone of 90's rap and now they are with 50 cent :). For me, the important thing is the spirit of the rap. Yeah I still follow underground shit, but i like some of that mainstream rappers too - if they got this spirit inside.

The important thing is LYRICS in rap. If somebody has a PASSION, has an ANGER or another EMOTION in the song, and has some TALENT of course, we should say this is a fucking REAL HIPHOP.

I understand what your saying, but you realize cash money crew, and all these non lyrical rappers are a bad influence in today's society? It is because of lil wayne, soulja boy, nicki minaj, and so on that people who DON'T listen to hip hop think hip hop is all about cash, money, cars, and champagne, because thats ALL they see in TV. Their bad influence to are youth today. I know i got a little off topic, but to sum it up, i'd rather get beheaded or ears chopped off before listening to her annoying ass voice.

Lord_Meth Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 3:07 PM | Message # 72

Heads
Quote (Adam)
i guess becoming an adult has also drained your whole entire motivation to get balance on the air waves.

It hasn't killed my motivation, but I just don't see it hurting ME as a person so why should I hold a grudge against it? Yall guys kno Im not like that lol
Quote (Abstract)
I understand what your saying, but you realize cash money crew, and all these non lyrical rappers are a bad influence in today's society? It is because of lil wayne, soulja boy, nicki minaj, and so on that people who DON'T listen to hip hop think hip hop is all about cash, money, cars, and champagne, because thats ALL they see in TV. Their bad influence to are youth today. I know i got a little off topic, but to sum it up, i'd rather get beheaded or ears chopped off before listening to her annoying ass voice.

Instead of shunning amd bad mouthing the music, do something about it. Start a Real Hip Hop club at school or something.

When I go to college next fall, Ima study and become a teacher so I can actually do something and help the youth
Sitting behind this computer wont get the job done, so Ima go in the class and make something happen

Sick With It
barut Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 6:01 PM | Message # 73

Rappers
This is an open message for Kayne West who still thinks the topic is about him and his deserving album:

ehm.. let's discuss about real hiphop and that nicki bitch:)

Menace Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 6:45 PM | Message # 74

Heads
both kanye and Nicki Minaj can suck a big fat horse cock.

El_Matador Date: Friday, 17/Dec/10, 7:28 PM | Message # 75

Heads
Quote (barut)
SUCK A DICK KANYE

Quote (Menace)
both kanye and Nicki Minaj can suck a big fat horse cock.

they can suck a big juicy meaty sinewy dirty elephant's cock

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" Review
Search: