[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » The Roots Crew: Discussion
The Roots Crew: Discussion
Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 7:35 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
this in my opinion the top ten best groups of all time(in hip hop), black thought imo is top 5 in my list of emcees.Dude flow is just crazy and soo goood.it makes u wanna rap yourself for some reason.And they r so consistent.what do u think of the legendary roots crew

ritesofpasage Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:23 PM | Message # 2

DJs
the art of making music is under appreciated.

When true artists get out there and make their art including in it the truth about their experience and letting their spirits through unashamedly being only themselves on the track it reminds us of what the art of music is supposed to be like.

You can so see the "Roots" of the culture of hip hop, black music, soul music, R & B and poetry all in their works.

They remind me of alot of classic things like Gil Scott Heron's poetry and Skat and Bebop jazz. Not to mention how they allow themselves to evolve with time like all true musicians should strive to.

They are the quintessential hip hop band.

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
Menace Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:24 PM | Message # 3

Heads
they are MUSICIANS REAL MUSICIANS the only BAND in hip hop that made it to the top we have no BANDS in hip hop only groups most hip hop producers don't even know to sing at live instruments what makes The Roots beside their lyrical style and their conscience what makes them great is their ability to play as a LIVE BAND whit live instrumentation many people don't know but its VERY HARD to play whit live instrumentation plus to play whit such band you need to be a MUSICIAN not a producer you need to compose as Beethoven and the classics did we need people like The Roots ASAP in hip hop

ritesofpasage Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:29 PM | Message # 4

DJs
If you have ever seen them live. Or been to a show you would know why they are world wide and so classic. Their band is amazing. the beatles are so herald as being such a great band but I do not think they compare to the Roots.

When hip hop started it was about the dj and the emcee interplay. The improv that blend of music that so many rappers can't do now. All those rappers that can't emcee. All the Roots do is emcee. All around best hip hop act.

Check out my melody faithfulness is the fidelity of my soundtrack to that of the heavenlies.....
Menace Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:34 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (ritesofpasage)
the beatles are so herald as being such a great band but I do not think they compare to the Roots.

i don't personally see The Beatles as a such great band they were the breakthrough act that set the flow that's why they are famous i personally admire John Lennon's ability to record whit such live instrumentation or even their 2 man shows whit Yoko whit just a guitar and a good message and nothing else man when i type this it sadness me because now days performance does not matter the lights matter :(

Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:47 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
Black Thought is fucking beastly

ritesofpasage Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 8:53 PM | Message # 7

DJs
My black thought mix

http://www.jamglue.com/mixes/10009669-black-thought-mix

Uncharted Date: Wednesday, 05/Aug/09, 9:05 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
thanks

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » The Roots Crew: Discussion
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: