[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » DMX (Introduction)
DMX
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 11:47 AM | Message # 1

Emcees
Name: DMX
Started: 1995
Type: Artist
Genre: Hip Hop
Sub Genre: Hardcore Hip Hop

Earl Simmons (born December 18, 1970), better known by his stage name DMX (Dark Man X), is an American entertainer who rose to fame in the late 1990s. His stage name pays tribute to the Oberheim DMX drum machine, an instrument he used when he made his own rap beats in the 80's. To date, his best-selling album is his 1999 album ...And Then There Was X, which featured the hit single "Party Up (Up in Here)". As an actor, he also starred in the films Belly, Exit Wounds, Cradle 2 The Grave, Romeo Must Die and Last Hour, and his own reality television series Soul of a Man on the American cable television network BET. In 2002, DMX wrote an autobiographical book titled E.A.R.L.: The Autobiography of DMX. He also has an extensive arrest record.

DMX was born in Mount Vernon, New York and relocated early in his childhood to Yonkers, a city just north of New York City. He spent much time on the streets committing crimes. However, he considered hip hop to be an escape from his hard times, as he enjoyed beatboxing, turntablism, and eventually rapping. He spent much of his adolescence in and out of jail.

Albums In Order:

It's Dark And Hell Is Hot... is an absolute Hardcore classic... Lyrical Hardness and Dark and Deep Beats...

Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood ... also a great album... Some crazy shocker lyrics in this one too...

...And Then There Was X... It had The Hit Party Up... You Know This Shit's A Great Album...

The Great Depression ( my first hip hop album in 4th grade )... Dark and Depressing... Sometimes even scary... Again more hardcore lyrics...

Grand Champ... Maybe not his best... a bit more commercial in my mind... but it's still a pretty good album...

Year of the Dog... Again... Wasn't his best either... had lord give me a sign and others that made it also a pretty good album too...

Other Albums:

Also the Cradle 2 the Grave's Soundtrack had Good Songs from DMX... Probably worth the purchase... Go To Sleep... X Gon Give It To Ya

Here Are Examples of DMX's Ultimate Hardcore Style...

Here Are His Examples of His 2003/Later Style Songs... But Still Hardcore...

And The Famous Party Up...

before "its dark and hell is hot"
1991 single

1994 single

His Big Ass Criminal Record For Anyone Interested...
In 1999, DMX joined rappers Jay-Z, Method Man and Redman for Jay-Z's Hard Knock Life tour. DMX was arrested but later cleared of a stabbing that occurred at a tour stop in Denver, Colorado; he was also cleared of an assault charge back at his hometown of Yonkers. However, in the summer of 1999, DMX and his wife were arrested and charged for animal cruelty and possession of drugs and weapons after his manager uncle was accidentally shot at a hotel in New Jersey. Eventually, he successfully plea-bargained simply for fines, probation, and community service. DMX was arrested in March 2000 for aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, speeding, failure to signal, driving without a license, failure to notify the DMV of an address change, and possession of marijuana New York State Route 33 in Cheektowaga, New York, following a concert in Buffalo, New York. He was then scheduled to appear in Cheektowaga Town Court on March 21, but failed to appear, resulting in a warrant being issued for his arrest. He later turned himself in, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving without a license and was sentenced to 15 days in jail and fined $400. Since beginning public life as a rapper, DMX has made headlines for multiple arrests, such as for animal cruelty,[16] reckless driving,[17] unlicensed driving, drug possession,[18] and identity falsification.[19] In 1999 officers from the Fort Lee Police Department executed a search of his home, which led to Earl Simmons aka DMX surrendering himself the next day on weapons charges.[20] He has served some jail time, such as a 15-day sentence in 2000 for possession of marijuana[21] and another in 2001 for driving without a license and possession of marijuana. His appeal to reduce the 2001 sentence was denied, and he was charged with assault for allegedly throwing objects at prison guards. DMX entered rehab to treat his addiction to drugs in 2002.[22][23]
In June 2004, he was arrested at the John F. Kennedy International Airport on charges of cocaine possession, criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a weapon, criminal mischief, menacing, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol while claiming to be a federal agent and attempting to carjack a vehicle.[24] He was given a conditional discharge on December 8, 2004 but plead guilty on October 25, 2005 to violating parole.[25]
On November 18, 2005, DMX was sentenced to 70 days in jail for violating his parole; the lateness charge caused a 10-day extension from the original 60-day plan.[26] For good behavior, DMX was released from jail early on December 30, 2005.[27]
As of December 31, 2008, DMX had pleaded guilty to charges of drug possession, theft and animal cruelty and was sentenced to 90 days. [28][29] On May 22, 2009, DMX entered a plea agreement/change of plea. He pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated assault. On July 2, 2008 DMX was arrested in Phoenix at Sky Harbor airport after arriving from Miami for outstanding warrants and failing to appear in court. His bond is $1075 for driving without a license and $10000 for previous drug charges on May 9.Two weeks later, DMX was arrested at a Phoenix mall on suspicion that he gave a false name & Social Security number to a hospital to get out of paying for medical expenses.DMX is suspected of having used a false name, "Tony Jones" and failed to pay a $ 7,500 bill to Scottsdale's Mayo Clinic in April. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said DMX's bond had not been set, and if he remains in 4th avenue jail, he would be isolated from the rest of the inmates for his own safety. His judgments took place on June 8.

Message edited by HateMainstreamMusic - Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 3:31 PM
El_Matador Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 11:56 AM | Message # 2

Heads
My 3 fav tracks from DMX

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 12:36 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Where my dawgs at?? DMX is dope. His first CD was definately a classic. One of my favorite 1998-1999 albums next to The Slim Shady LP and Black Star. DMX is definately a top 50 MC without question

Sick With It
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 3:32 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
added his 1991 and 1994 singles.. nice shit before his 1998 debut "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot"

HipHopHead Date: Saturday, 06/Mar/10, 6:18 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
I love his first 2 albums, both were really good

"Im a cut throat baller like OJ Simpson"
MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 11:43 AM | Message # 6

DJs
MainStream, did you just copy that text from Wiki? <_<

I only listened to the first four songs on this page, but I'm not impressed. Does DMX ever work with a DJ? I'd tell you my opinion, but I don't think I'm allowed to rant here.

Save Time Travel
Register at chess.com (free). Send me your username. I'll challenge you.
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 12:12 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
Quote (MashPotato)
MainStream, did you just copy that text from Wiki? <_<

yep... is that not allowed? :P
Quote (MashPotato)
but I'm not impressed.

:'(
Quote (MashPotato)
I'd tell you my opinion, but I don't think I'm allowed to rant here.

:'( :'( :'(

MashPotato Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 12:33 PM | Message # 8

DJs
There. There. MainStream. *pats back* I don't want to bother anyone. If you're a fan of DMX, please by all means continue to be, happily. But I do still want to know if he works with any tallented DJ's on any tracks? See? That sounds bad. By that I mean that from the limited amount of music I have heard from him, it seems that each of them are repetitions of the same 4 measures and they're very basic. Does he do any music that sounds.. different? Where he works his vocals into the music, where the music has a personality? Bah. I know I'm probably upsetting someone with my ignorance, but I want to know and all I can do is ask. *sigh*

Save Time Travel
Register at chess.com (free). Send me your username. I'll challenge you.
TheWatcher Date: Sunday, 07/Mar/10, 5:15 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (MashPotato)
I only listened to the first four songs on this page, but I'm not impressed. Does DMX ever work with a DJ? I'd tell you my opinion, but I don't think I'm allowed to rant here.

You should be able to state your opinion, if we were only allowed to say good things about artists and then shut up if we have nothing good to say about them then this wouldn't really be a good forum.

Quote (MashPotato)
There. There. MainStream. *pats back* I don't want to bother anyone. If you're a fan of DMX, please by all means continue to be, happily. But I do still want to know if he works with any tallented DJ's on any tracks? See? That sounds bad. By that I mean that from the limited amount of music I have heard from him, it seems that each of them are repetitions of the same 4 measures and they're very basic. Does he do any music that sounds.. different? Where he works his vocals into the music, where the music has a personality? Bah. I know I'm probably upsetting someone with my ignorance, but I want to know and all I can do is ask. *sigh*

He has some tracks that are pretty good imo. I don't have any sound at the moment but these two are decent, if those are the ones I was even looking for..

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » DMX (Introduction)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: