[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2, Aristotle, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » NUJABES (RIP)
NUJABES
abanks47 Date: Monday, 27/Sep/10, 10:40 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
NUJABES

So I did a search and there seemed to be no mention of this man. I'm assuming his thread was on the old site.

Well in my opinion he is one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time, creating some of the most mellow beats I have ever heard. Something that you can play before bed or nod ya head to. He was also present when I discovered anime for the first time with samurai champloo, his music being the reason I kept watching initially. Unfortunately he was in a car crash earlier this year and died sometime later. I will always be a fan of his music and below are some of my favorites, his credits and his bio from wiki (as well as some pics.) Post some more tracks if yall got any favs

Discography:

Albums:
Album information
Hydeout Productions 1st Collection
 Released: April 23, 2003
Metaphorical Music
 Released: August 21, 2003
Modal Soul
 Released: November 11, 2005
Hydeout Productions 2nd Collection
 Released: November 11, 2007
Modal Soul Classics
 Released: June 6th, 2008
Modal Soul Classics II
 Released: November 11, 2010

Compilations:
Album information
Ristorante NUJABES
 Released: 2004

Sweet Sticky Thing
 Released: Unknown

Production:
Substantial - To This Union a Sun Was Born
 Released: 2001

Pase Rock - Bullshit As Usual
 Released: 2003

Mellow Beats, Friends & Lovers
 Released: June 10th, 2009

BIO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nujabes

Jun Seba (瀬葉淳 Seba Jun), (February 7, 1974 – February 26, 2010) was a Japanese hip-hop producer and DJ who recorded under the name Nujabes (new-jah-bes), the reverse spelling of his name in Japanese order. Nujabes was also owner of the Shibuya record stores, T Records and Guinness Records and founder of the independent label Hydeout Productions.
In addition to Japanese artists like Uyama Hiroto, Shing02 and Minmi, Nujabes collaborated with underground American hip-hop acts CYNE, Cise Starr (as a solo apart from the hiphop collective CYNE), Apani B, Five Deez, Substantial, CL Smooth, Terry Callier, as well as British rapper Funky DL. He was also a member of the production duo Urbanforest, an experimental collaboration with Nao T.

Nujabes was one of the most prolific contributors to the background music and soundtracks of Samurai Champloo, an anime which blends a feudal Japan setting with modern anachronisms, especially in regard to hip hop culture.

Another distinguishing feature of Nujabes' sound is Jun Seba's incorporation of Jazz samples in his tunes. Nujabes especially samples jazz in his song "The Final View" on his album Metaphorical Music. The Jazz Standard "Love Theme From Spartacus" by Pianist Bill Evans, as played by Saxophonist Yusef Lateef, is sampled over "The Final View." Nujabes incorporates Lateef's head melody on soprano, cuts of his solos, and background piano comping in his piece.

On February 26, 2010, Jun Seba was involved in a traffic accident upon exiting the Shuto Expressway late at night. He died at a hospital in Shibuya Ward after failed efforts to revive him. He was 36 years old. There was a private burial with only family in attendance. Hydeout Productions has stated that Nujabes has left behind tracks, which they plan to release in the near future.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

abanks47 Date: Monday, 27/Sep/10, 10:55 PM | Message # 2

Emcees

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Artists Introduction » NUJABES (RIP)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: