[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » The Story of Run-DMC On Screen
The Story of Run-DMC On Screen
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 03/Feb/09, 5:34 PM | Message # 1

Heads
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/02/03/20828780.aspx

The story of pioneering Hip-Hop group Run-DMC will come to the big screen via Cheo Hodari Coker

“The Run-DMC story is a very inspirational tale about some young men from New York's black community in the early '80s and their friends and colleagues,” Adler said. “They're all deeply committed to this new Hip-Hop culture at a time when the rest of the music world denies that rap is even music. They refuse to compromise and, sure enough, their integrity pays off and they manage to turn the world around. In its own way, the Run-DMC story is like the Obama story 25 years later.”

TheWatcher Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 2:35 PM | Message # 2

Heads
I'd definitely check that movie out but god damn Puffy must've hit the jackpot with that Notorious movie.

"The movie grossed over $21 million dollars during its opening weekend in January."

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 04/Feb/09, 2:40 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
This makes me SO happy...... the world NEEDS to be reminded of things like what this movie is trying to and will hopefully show...ESPECIALLY at a time like this where "hiphop" seems to have become overly trendy and the "real hiphop" is being looked down upon by the younger generation b/c they're mad that older heads don't respect their favorite rappers...

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » The Story of Run-DMC On Screen
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: