[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Define Hip Hop (Real Vs. Mainstream) documentary
Define Hip Hop (Real Vs. Mainstream) documentary
Chinita Date: Wednesday, 02/Sep/09, 2:26 PM | Message # 1

Heads
A documantery that speaks on Hip Hop's essence & the differences between real Hip Hop and mainstream rap.

ill Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 2:42 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
you use the criteria they use here i promise you most of the tracks anyone plays aren't real hip hop

the best point that guy raises is about skill, but still absurd trying to classify a genre just because you dont like whats on the radio and because hip hop has lost sight of where it came from or whatever the problem is

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 2:49 PM | Message # 3

Heads
the majority decides the majority leads the minority in the mainstream everyone agrees that the majority is CRAP so the CRAP represents the mainstream end of the deal in sociology it's the same i don't know what people bitch about so much HIP HOP is seen as a misogynistic and materialistic genre of music and culture the overall image of it it's like that the majority image of it it's like that and people think that it's like that because it's a MAJORITY IDEA wrong or right it's the majority you can do anything about it

ill Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 2:54 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
word but what can you do, the majority say they like it, we're a minority when it comes to taste in hip hop, its not fair because imo the most skilled people are not celebrated as the best but i guess its all personal preference what can you do

The World Is Yours
G-Ammo Date: Monday, 07/Sep/09, 3:18 PM | Message # 5

Emcees
U know what it is... IMO I don't mind people actually listening to the mainstream, but they really have to know how it was back in da days you know... Because many ''kids'' don't know that! And THAT is a big mistake if u callin' ur self an Hip-Hopper...

19 Year old Beatmaker from Holland! :D

ill Date: Tuesday, 08/Sep/09, 7:12 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
word, to many people here sleep on this, considering its basicaly why this website was made i think its kinda funny

no one chats

The World Is Yours
EmSeeD Date: Wednesday, 09/Sep/09, 0:17 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (Menace)
the majority decides the majority leads the minority in the mainstream everyone agrees that the majority is CRAP so the CRAP represents the mainstream end of the deal in sociology it's the same i don't know what people bitch about so much HIP HOP is seen as a misogynistic and materialistic genre of music and culture the overall image of it it's like that the majority image of it it's like that and people think that it's like that because it's a MAJORITY IDEA wrong or right it's the majority you can do anything about it

but the radio decides what the majority are listening to. some people are put off hip hop because they think its too violent or controversial as well.

Quote (G-Ammo)
U know what it is... IMO I don't mind people actually listening to the mainstream, but they really have to know how it was back in da days you know... Because many ''kids'' don't know that! And THAT is a big mistake if u callin' ur self an Hip-Hopper...

yeah i agree with this as well, i know some guys that are only into mainstream and are trying to rap, but what annoys me is that they don't know where hip hop came from or the history etc.

Quote (ill)
you use the criteria they use here i promise you most of the tracks anyone plays aren't real hip hop

the best point that guy raises is about skill, but still absurd trying to classify a genre just because you dont like whats on the radio and because hip hop has lost sight of where it came from or whatever the problem is

the only thing i didn't like was when they said something about hip hop not being violent or something, but the reality is a lot of hip hop is violent because hip hop reflects society, and where these people came from. a lot of other genre's don't do that.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Define Hip Hop (Real Vs. Mainstream) documentary
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: