[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: ThaScience, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Who Started The Underground Hip Hop Movement?
Who Started The Underground Hip Hop Movement?
eboyd Date: Saturday, 10/Jan/09, 10:44 PM | Message # 1

Heads
i just joined UGHH.com and there was a discussion on this and the answers varied so much that idk if they will ever conclude with an answer. i say hip hop itself started in the underground. Kool Herc was the first underground hip hop artist. he never saw fame or glory but is hailed as the first hip hop artist. a lot of others said Non-Phixion and Company Flow, some said Ultramagnetic, some even said Too Short. what do you think?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 10/Jan/09, 11:04 PM | Message # 2

Heads
hip hop was underground from the day it started. It started on the streets no mainstream labels, no money it was purely for the fun and hip hop.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Sunday, 18/Jan/09, 6:46 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Em_SeeD)
hip hop was underground from the day it started. It started on the streets no mainstream labels, no money it was purely for the fun and hip hop.

yes i agree it started underground.

Dilla4Ever Date: Monday, 19/Jan/09, 2:58 AM | Message # 4

Rappers
Quote (LadyChinita41)
yes i agree it started underground.

Chuurch

eboyd Date: Monday, 19/Jan/09, 3:02 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Dilla4Ever)
Chuurch

Yessir!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Deadly-Sin Date: Monday, 19/Jan/09, 6:42 AM | Message # 6

Removed
<<<<This guy
I_Guy Date: Monday, 19/Jan/09, 8:35 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Everything starts underground at first. How do you think we get it in the first place.

All forms of art
Examples.

Rock - comes from Folk, Blues, and Jazz which all developed through the 1800s to the early 1900s. I mean you can go as far back as the guy sitting on the front porch strumming on his old banjo with civil war canon balls landing in his front yard.

Movies - still photography, primitive crank-motion cameras

Artwork - cavepaintings

You see nothing, is mainstream until it has at one time been underground. Everything has to develop and until it has, it is underground, but once it does, it becomes mainstream once it is made available to the masses.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 4:56 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Bump.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 20/Jan/09, 5:02 AM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Everything starts underground at first. How do you think we get it in the first place.

All forms of art
Examples.

Rock - comes from Folk, Blues, and Jazz which all developed through the 1800s to the early 1900s. I mean you can go as far back as the guy sitting on the front porch strumming on his old banjo with civil war canon balls landing in his front yard.

Movies - still photography, primitive crank-motion cameras

Artwork - cavepaintings

You see nothing, is mainstream until it has at one time been underground. Everything has to develop and until it has, it is underground, but once it does, it becomes mainstream once it is made available to the masses.

my point exactly. idk why all those idiot at UGHH keep saying "Co Flow Started it," "Ultramagnetic started it," etc., etc. in hip hop, Kool Herc started it, but it has roots that started long before it. actually, if you take into consideration the fact that graffiti came first, Taki183 was the first hip hop artist ever.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop History/Knowledge » Who Started The Underground Hip Hop Movement?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: