[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience, Aristotle  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Elements (DJ,Graff Art, BBoy,Bbox) » One of DJ Premier's Best Beats. (Ras Kass The Golden Chyld.)
One of DJ Premier's Best Beats.
Menace Date: Friday, 06/Feb/09, 9:02 PM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (sodr2)
k fine ill give you that

Emseed Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 1:44 AM | Message # 17

Watchers
Sorry but Sodr2 has a good point the beats can get repetitive. Esp beats like mass apeal. Ny state of mind is his best imo. Above the clouds is up there too but i like this goldn chyld beat better than mass appeal and most of his others
eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 3:32 AM | Message # 18

Heads
yes, "Mass Appeal" is repetitive as fuck. i love that track, but, even my mom will agree on that. i showed her "Mass Appeal" and she liked the rhythm but said "it is annoying" because of how repetitive it is.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 9:01 AM | Message # 19

Emcees
tracks like NY state of mind arnt pop ish, i agree his beats are dope but i dunno some of them sound like pop beats i dont even know why, or not pop ish but they lack depth, like i said some beats arnt like this but i find to alot to be like that

and menace you should just put that in your sig so we know after every post you make lol

The World Is Yours
eboyd Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 2:13 PM | Message # 20

Heads
yeah, they do lack depth. he isn't the type of producer that really builds in a "message" in his beats if you feel what i mean. he makes beats perfect for raw lyricism. if i wanted to make a track that was more meaningful i wouldn't look to Prem, i would look to Jay Electronica, J Dilla, Madlib, 9th Wonder, Exile, Clutchy Hopkins ( biggrin ), etc.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ill Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 6:39 PM | Message # 21

Emcees
yeah thats just it, its why i dont really think of him as real hip hop, just a dope producer

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 7:40 PM | Message # 22

Heads
Quote (ill)
yeah thats just it, its why i dont really think of him as real hip hop, just a dope producer

LMAO lol lol lol come on man be serious if Dj Premier ain't hip hop then who's hip hop? come on man don't go there recognize it or not Gang Starr along whit hie beats was and i think it is the best hip hop group of all time

Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 7:42 PM | Message # 23

Heads
the 90's hip hop was DJ PREMIER i mean if this beats aren't hip hop then i don't know what is

ill Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 7:45 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
yeah yeah but like eric said with illmatic he seems just stuck in the 90s, the dude is producing for 50 cent and some pop star i dont remember the name of.

put his beats next to madlib, dilla, pete rock, doom - he gets blown out the water

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 7:56 PM | Message # 25

Heads
Quote (ill)
yeah yeah but like eric said with illmatic he seems just stuck in the 90s, the dude is producing for 50 cent and some pop star i dont remember the name of.

put his beats next to madlib, dilla, pete rock, doom - he gets blown out the water

for 50 cent?? he produced just one track for 50 cent man you need to get your facts straight you judging to quick even Erik ain't gonna back u here you dissing a legend here man

KOOL G RAP - ON THE RISE AGAIN ( produced by DJ PREMIER 2008 track)

Rakim Feat Krs-one and NAs and Kanye - Classic

BIG SHUG - My Boston PRODUCED BY DJ PREMIER

they are many more man and you seem to have no respect for the old school architects

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 7:56 PM | Message # 26

OGs
what happened to the guy who posted that vid (top 50 premo beats)
chehhheeck this out: gang starr b4 "mr no more mr nice guy" pre-premo hahaha

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 8:01 PM
ill Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 8:03 PM | Message # 27

Emcees
yeh thats what i said he produced for 50 cent, i do respect him but for me he doesnt represent real hip hop

lemme put it this way, for me he is like royce da 5'9. kinda mainstream but still hip hop, but not fiting to what i see as real hip hop

and compare any of those beats to

theres no comparison theres so much soul in dillas music, premo just loops a beat and hes done

The World Is Yours
Menace Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 8:06 PM | Message # 28

Heads
Quote (ill)
yeh thats what i said he produced for 50 cent, i do respect him but for me he doesnt represent real hip hop

lemme put it this way, for me he is like royce da 5'9. kinda mainstream but still hip hop, but not fiting to what i see as real hip hop

lol its a loop troop there too and a voice over it come on man you need to respect the architects if they aren't hip hop then nobody is its like saying you think Kool Herc is not real hip hop cause his beats were the first hip hop beats and are out dated COME ON MAN!!!

s0dr2 Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 8:10 PM | Message # 29

OGs
Quote (ill)

yea songs dope, not to mention 'movin' from the same album 'crome children'
LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!

who produced this??

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Message edited by sodr2 - Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 8:11 PM
ill Date: Saturday, 07/Feb/09, 8:10 PM | Message # 30

Emcees
your not understanding lol i never said i dont respect him but there is no soul in his music

The World Is Yours
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Elements (DJ,Graff Art, BBoy,Bbox) » One of DJ Premier's Best Beats. (Ras Kass The Golden Chyld.)
Search: