[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: El_Matador, ThaScience, Aristotle  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Elements (DJ,Graff Art, BBoy,Bbox) » How To Get Good At Graffiti?
How To Get Good At Graffiti?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 05/Dec/08, 8:00 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Well im about up graffiti as a hobby since i didnt make the b-ball team.
Is this a thing that comes naturally when you start and your just have it, or does it take legitimate practice to get good?
And im focusing on doing Paper-Graffiti with pens first. Not paint.
Any tips?
Books?
thx

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Friday, 05/Dec/08, 8:04 PM | Message # 2

Rappers
it takes alot of practice...A LOT!!!... theres no way you can just pick up a pencil and make a letter with a good structure.
get a notebook not a sketch book, use a pencil, draw lightly so u can erase, work on simple letters first.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 05/Dec/08, 8:16 PM | Message # 3

Emcees
After I move past pencils, are there any types of pens that are better than others?
and
How exactly do you qualify art as graffiti? like, is there a guide that sorta teaches you basics??? Or would it be easier to just go and experiment?

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Friday, 05/Dec/08, 8:44 PM | Message # 4

Rappers
the best kinds of pens for sketch books are prismas.. theres more but idk what theyre called.. prismas are expensive as fuck though.. easy to steal though.
and just start drawing letters with a simple structure. dont try and get all crazy cuz it'll end up looking like shit

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
Kiba Date: Saturday, 06/Dec/08, 10:29 AM | Message # 5

Emcees
Learn to do stencils & stickers, much cheaper happy

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

Acekat00o Date: Saturday, 06/Dec/08, 10:29 AM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (Blaze)
and just start drawing letters with a simple structure. dont try and get all crazy cuz it'll end up looking like shit

EXACTLY ,i practice everyday ,just got a molotow ^^ im going to tag realy soon

Graffiti
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 06/Dec/08, 1:59 PM | Message # 7

Emcees
I can already dram block letters really really good.
Its just the whole graffitti look is what i dont know how to do.

Rizen_One Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 11:01 PM | Message # 8

Writers
Quote (EYAR15)
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!

What he said.
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
After I move past pencils, are there any types of pens that are better than others?
and
How exactly do you qualify art as graffiti? like, is there a guide that sorta teaches you basics??? Or would it be easier to just go and experiment?

Try using prismas as stated or deco pens, you can get those from Michaels [the arts & crafts store if theres one near you]

Quote (Kiba)
Learn to do stencils & stickers, much cheaper

Stickers for sure...you can even get free stickers from the post office [ask for the shipment stickers, the old ones had a blue field on the top, but the new ones now are a bit smaller and have a topside red field]

I don't "make" graffiti
NtG Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 11:06 PM | Message # 9

Heads
i had an away tennis match today, and we went through the Cle Town and man does graffiti fucking suck here. this dude had "TEMS" as a bomb under a bridge and it wasnt fancy lettered at all it was just straight normal bubble letters. it was embarrassing.

[deleted]
Rizen_One Date: Tuesday, 21/Apr/09, 11:13 PM | Message # 10

Writers
Quote (NtG)
it was just straight normal bubble letters. it was embarrassing.

TBH I despise bubbles too, but on the plus side, if you're doing a huge throw up they are the easiest thing to do.

I don't "make" graffiti
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Wednesday, 22/Apr/09, 3:58 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
Can I ask why you want to take it up???? do you even enjoy drawing and shit or is it just something you wanna do to add to your "B-Boy Image"???? I'm Not trying to be a prick...I really wanna know - cuz if you can't draw and shit and aren't artistic you may wanna stick to basic tagging...

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Acekat00o Date: Wednesday, 22/Apr/09, 4:25 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue)
Can I ask why you want to take it up???? do you even enjoy drawing and shit or is it just something you wanna do to add to your "B-Boy Image"???? I'm Not trying to be a prick...I really wanna know - cuz if you can't draw and shit and aren't artistic you may wanna stick to basic tagging...

youre asking everyone? or just Ilikebacon? anyways i do it because im at art school and i loved drawing letters since i was little,gonna have 2 years of graff on my back in autumn cool biggrin ,so i was doing it at the begining cuz it was cool but now it becomed a drug ,just like when youre playin a game and you cant stop playing it ,and it becomes more and more adicting by the month :'( but i love it happy

Graffiti
UniteC Date: Friday, 24/Apr/09, 0:34 AM | Message # 13

Emcees
start out wit sharpies an a black book and simple bubble letters and block letters...
practice is everything when it comes to graff...
dont spend to much time asking for help becauze the only person who can teach u
is ur self...

"Flows got the breeze on my clothes got the scent of trees/
i lay back and blow sax like kenny G'g/"

"Whole body blingin' like 3PO nigga..."

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Elements (DJ,Graff Art, BBoy,Bbox) » How To Get Good At Graffiti?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: