[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » NYC, 11th Annual Black August Hip-Hop Project (presented by The Malcolm X Grassroots Movement)
NYC, 11th Annual Black August Hip-Hop Project
Chinita Date: Sunday, 30/Aug/09, 6:53 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NYC, this Sunday head out to B.B. King's for the 11th Annual Black August Hip-Hop Project, presented by The Malcolm X Grassroots Movement. "The Black August Hip Hop Project was started by the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement to promote human rights and raise awareness about U.S. political prisoners unjustly incarcerated worldwide. By leveraging the influence and global development of Hip Hop culture and by facilitating exchanges between international communities about the social and political issues that affect our global communities, Black August holds annual fund-raising concerts that inform our collective struggle for a more just, equitable and human world." Not only is this for a good cause, but you get a dope show as well. Performers will include: EPMD, Bilal, Immortal Technique , Smif N Wessun, Marley Marl , Shadia Mansour, DJ Scratch , DJ Evil Dee, DJ OP, DJ K-Salaam, Special Guest Q-Tip and other surprise guests (rumor has it Rakim will bless the stage... but you didn't hear that from me). Tickets are $20 via ticketmaster, or $25 day of show at the box office.

Menace Date: Sunday, 30/Aug/09, 7:04 PM | Message # 2

Heads
man i would love to be there :D for just world !! all power to the people !! oh and i forgot this month was the black august month in tribute to the Soledad Brothers and the famous George Jackson !! Rest in Peace George Jackson and RIP all freedom fighters that died for our freedom !!

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » NYC, 11th Annual Black August Hip-Hop Project (presented by The Malcolm X Grassroots Movement)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: