[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Ice Cube Readies Ninth Album, "I Am The West"
Ice Cube Readies Ninth Album, "I Am The West"
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 6:18 PM | Message # 1

Rappers

Hip Hop legend Ice Cube has revealed his upcoming album, I Am the West, via his blog.

"I AM THE WEST...is the name of my new record. After completing about 65% of my music, this is the perfect title," wrote the Compton native.

Cube indicated he'd be returning to his roots for the album, as well as giving an approximate release date. "This shit is cocky, no apologies, west coast gangsta shit. I can't help it. That's what I do. June seems too tight for a release, but July is very doable. We'll see how things go. Now that I have my title, I can work on the concept of my photoshoot and artwork. I want to provide early merch before the drop date."

Finally, Ice Cube expressed his commitment to an authentic west coast sound, rather than pandering to other markets. "For seven or eight years now the west coast has been trying to do music that appeals to the south and midwest. The words, 'too west coast' would be heard throughout the industry whenever our music was played. Even by our own [deejays]. Left coast emcees were now trying to change their sound to cater to all the followers. We lost our way. Thank God for b-boys like Snoop [Dogg], The Game and WC for keeping the West alive, but we were all guilty of over reaching. No more. At least not from me. I do it how I feel it; not how I think it should be done. Radio fucked us up. I hate the politics at radio. I don't know who to pay to get my shit played. Having a hot song is not enough. Ridiculous."

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

TUMBLR CLICK CLICK CLICK!
HateMainstreamMusic Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 6:26 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
if he really goes back to his roots... then i will love it... i like his view so far... i want a westcoast sound... not just westcoast artists making what's popular...

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 6:31 PM | Message # 3

Rappers
i want something like this at least

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 6:37 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (EYAR15)
"For seven or eight years now the west coast has been trying to do music that appeals to the south and midwest.

man thats good to hear, coz i remember even Ice Cube was using Lil Jon to produce his albums, but its good to hear he's going back to his roots, i didn't even know about this album

i have a feeling Dre was doing this on Detox too, coz he got southern rappers T.I., Ludacris and Lil Wayne to ghostwrite for his album, i hope Dre has changed that though coz that would be a disaster,

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 6:43 PM | Message # 5

Rappers
has detox even drop yet?

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

Uncharted Date: Sunday, 28/Feb/10, 7:31 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
Quote (EYAR15)
has detox even drop yet?

^^LOL smh

ThaScience Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 4:02 PM | Message # 7

OGs
Quote (Uncharted)
^^LOL smh

I think it was sarcasm.

Boner-Jamz-11 Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 4:28 PM | Message # 8

Rappers
kids facepalm

#TeamHipster
#SWAGSWAG

Lord_Meth Date: Monday, 01/Mar/10, 4:34 PM | Message # 9

Heads
This might be good but Im not really a big fan of Ice Cube. That one track Blaze posted was dope tho..If this album come out like that, it'll be good for the West Coast to get back on the scene

Sick With It
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Ice Cube Readies Ninth Album, "I Am The West"
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: