[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Rapper G-Dep Admits To Murder; Held Without Bail
Rapper G-Dep Admits To Murder; Held Without Bail
abanks47 Date: Saturday, 18/Dec/10, 8:43 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Rapper G-Dep Admits To Murder; Held Without Bail

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/12/18/22530852.aspx

(AllHipHop News) Former Bad Boy rapper G-Dep is being held without bail in a New York jail, after admitting to murdering a man during a robbery attempt in October of 1993.

The extraordinary tale began on Wednesday (December 15th), when G-Dep, born Trevell Coleman, walked into the 25th Precinct and admitted to killing a man named John Henkel in the James Weldon Johnson housing projects in Queens.

According to the New York Post, G-Dep walked in and confessed to the murder after 17-years of living with the burred. He told police officers he rolled up on Henkel on Park Ave and 114th street and announced a robbery.

When Henkel resisted, G-Dep shot the man three times in the chest and throw his gun into the East River.

G-Dep, 36, had been arrested over 25 times for a variety of charges, including drugs, burglary and now, murder.

The rapper released one album for Bad Boy titled Child of the Ghetto, which produced the hit single "Let's Get It."

G-Dep was charged with murder and is being held without bail.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

abanks47 Date: Saturday, 18/Dec/10, 8:47 PM | Message # 2

Emcees
very sad imo. the man killed a guy so doesn't deserve sympathy but he had talent. minus the club tracks that bad boy threw to the radio child of the ghetto was a solid album

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 18/Dec/10, 9:58 PM | Message # 3

Heads
wow wonder what made him just decide to confess after all these years

i first heard him on a song that featured both Kool G Rap and Rakim, the only track with G Rap and Rakim on it, G Dep was dope, but the latest song i heard from him was wack, he put out a music video last year and it had all this autotune crap and the video was cheesy lol so he had talent back in the day but his music fell off

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Treach Date: Monday, 20/Dec/10, 10:20 AM | Message # 4

OGs
He didnt know he was confessing murder...

“I was surprised, for some reason I didn’t think that he died. When they [police] told me I was like, ‘Oh I’m not going home after this,’” he said.

“My client is presumed innocent, and the case is going to a grand jury,”
Alperstein said.

“I told my mom and my girlfriend that I wanted to confess and they both told me to leave it in the past. My girlfriend is pretty peeved,” the former chart topping rapper admitted. “I thought if I turned myself in it might give me closure, I’m just trying to get right with God. The only thing I regret is that I have to leave my kids.”

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO

Message edited by Treach - Monday, 20/Dec/10, 10:20 AM
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 1:29 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (Treach)
He didnt know he was confessing murder...

“I was surprised, for some reason I didn’t think that he died. When they [police] told me I was like, ‘Oh I’m not going home after this,’” he said.

“My client is presumed innocent, and the case is going to a grand jury,” Alperstein said.

“I told my mom and my girlfriend that I wanted to confess and they both told me to leave it in the past. My girlfriend is pretty peeved,” the former chart topping rapper admitted. “I thought if I turned myself in it might give me closure, I’m just trying to get right with God. The only thing I regret is that I have to leave my kids.”

wow how stupid man, even though what he did was wrong you can't bring that dead man back no matter what and he has kids he needs to look after, that guy is dead and gone now his kids are still alive and need him thats just stupid

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index....hooting

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 2:47 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
at least he's trying to be an honest man. can't you give him that?

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 11:59 AM | Message # 7

Emcees
yeah but makes no sense, why admit to a crime that can potentially land u in prison for life.

this man couldnt even pay a 200$ bail fee and had to spend months behind bars.

abanks47 Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 12:00 PM | Message # 8

Emcees
o and now hes pleading not guilty so basically he recanted his statement

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 1:48 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
oh well nvm then.

but if he had pleaded guilty i would have mad respect for him TBH... because to be able to admit your wrongs and take your punishment without blaming it on anyone else is mature decision and its hard to do. especially when you could just as easily get away with it.

Greeny Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 2:00 PM | Message # 10

OGs
It wasn't stupid to confess, just selfish. He's been tormented by what he had done, and he felt that the only way to find peace (get right with god) was to confess.
He pussied out, or suddenly put his kids above him, so he plead not guilty, now it's stupid.

Maybe it's a publicity stun though, people do crazy things to get attention.

Added (16/Jan/11, 2:00 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (ilikebacon3000)
mature decision and its hard to do

I disagree. I think it'd be morally wrong to do that. You're not doing any good for anyone else by confessing to a murder, especially one that is so long in the past. Family members might still want justice, but justice over murder isn't a good thing.

:)
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 3:52 PM | Message # 11

Heads
his lawyer said he's only pleading not guilty to give him more time to get things together and he's still standing by the guilty confession

ilikebacon3000 Date: Monday, 17/Jan/11, 4:00 AM | Message # 12

Emcees
I don't understand what is bad about someone ever confessing.

Sure, he's leaving his kids behind. But if someone is going to leave their kids behind, I'd rather see them leave in an honest way, leading an example of honesty, instead of leaving on drug charges and taking his punishment like a bitch and not owning up to what happened.

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Rapper G-Dep Admits To Murder; Held Without Bail
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: