[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Freeway, Statik Selektah To Record EP Live On Internet In 24
Freeway, Statik Selektah To Record EP Live On Internet In 24
abanks47 Date: Thursday, 06/Jan/11, 4:40 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Freeway, Statik Selektah To Record EP Live On Internet In 24 Hours
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2011/01/06/22546276.aspx

(AllHipHop News) Philadelphia rapper Freeway has teamed with producer Statik Selektah to push the limits of creativity, when they record a new EP in 24 hours, live on UStream.com.

Statik and Freeway will record the six to seven song EP Statik-Free EP on Monday (January 10th) live on XXL Magazine's official UStream page and release the resulting work on iTunes the very next day.

Last month (December 30th), Statik formed the group 1982 with Termanology and dropped The Evening News, which was also recorded in a 24-hour time span live and released the next day.

Like The Evening News album, Statik and Freeway will take input directly from fans while they record the Statik-Free EP on the spot.

"When I first experimented with the UStream idea with Term on the 1982 Evening News EP (which is on iTunes now), I knew Free was gonna be one of the next people I reach out to with the idea," Statik Selektah told AllHipHop.com. "He works fast, and is on point in the studio. not every MC could pull this off right."

The EP announcement with Freeway comes on the heels of two other ground-breaking albums produced by Statik Selektah, who has worked with artists like AZ, Royce Da 5'9, KRS-One, Joell Ortiz, M.O.P., Drake, Bumpy Knuckles, Styles P. and others.

In addition to The Evening News and the Statik-Free EP, Statik and rapper Saigon released the critically acclaimed All In A Day's Work album, that was also recorded in 24-hours.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Thursday, 06/Jan/11, 5:55 PM | Message # 2

Heads
that's fucking dope! i'll have to check that out!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Freeway, Statik Selektah To Record EP Live On Internet In 24
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: