[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » MCA Issue Statement Revealing He's Still Battling Cancer (there were reports stating otherwise)
MCA Issue Statement Revealing He's Still Battling Cancer
abanks47 Date: Sunday, 09/Jan/11, 4:39 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
MCA Issue Statement Revealing He's Still Battling Cancer
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2011/01/08/22548090.aspx

(AllHipHop News) Beastie Boys group member Adam "MCA" Yauch has hit back at claims that he is cancer free, saying media reports are exaggerated.

The reports that MCA had been cleared of preaortic gland and lymph node cancer began circulating earlier this week, after group member Mike D. appeared on The BBC's Radio One and stated he was "very happy" MCA had been cured of the disease.

MCA released a statement to The Beastie Boys' email list and thanked fans for their concern, but said he was still fighting cancer.

"While I'm grateful for all the positive energy people are sending my way, reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated. I'm continuing treatment, staying optimistic and hoping to be cancer free in the near future."

MCA was diagnosed with cancer in 2009. The announcement delayed the initial release of The Beastie Boys' highly anticipated album Hot Sauce Committee Pt.1, which was shelved in favor of tracks on Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2, which is due in 2011.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » MCA Issue Statement Revealing He's Still Battling Cancer (there were reports stating otherwise)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: