[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Rocker Frank Zappa Gets The Hip-Hop Treatment (DMC, Talib Kweli, and Mix Master Mike)
Rocker Frank Zappa Gets The Hip-Hop Treatment
abanks47 Date: Friday, 28/Jan/11, 7:59 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Rocker Frank Zappa Gets The Hip-Hop Treatment
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2011/01/27/22568537.aspx

(AllHipHop News) Rock legend Frank Zappa has received the Hip-Hop treatment on a new remix to his classic 1969 track "Willie The Pimp."

Rappers DMC and Talib Kweli drop new verses on the remix for "Willie The Pimp," which features scratching from legendary turtablist, Mix Master Mike and production by Jared Lee Gosselin.

The track, which was released on the Hot Rats album and featured Captain Beefheart, appears on a new release celebrating Zappa's 70th birthday titled Anything Anytime Anywhere For No Reason At All, Again Also (aaafnraaaa).

Tonight (January 27th), Frank Zappa's widow Gail Zappa will host a special Q&A with the Grammy Musuem in Los Angeles, where she will break down the "Willie The Pimp" remix during a celebration of Zappa's life, legacy and impact on the music business.

For more information click here: http://www.grammymuseum.org/interio....rograms

Talib will appear on AllHipHop Radio tomorrow (January 28th), where host Will 2 B will quiz the rapper about his new album Gutter Rainbows, his label Blacksmith and his plans for the future.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

eboyd Date: Monday, 31/Jan/11, 1:50 PM | Message # 2

Heads
Frank Zappa was the most outspoken opponent of censorship in the history of music. His opposition to Tipper Whore... I mean Gore... Though unsuccessful, was one of the most important happenings in music history. What I find hilarious is that censorship actually had the opposite effect and now kids usually don't want to buy an album unless it is labeled as the uncensored version and so the demand for vulgarity in music has actually risen.

But I digress. It's a beautiful thing that Kweli, DMC and Mix Mike have done this remix to honor the legend of Zappa.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » Rocker Frank Zappa Gets The Hip-Hop Treatment (DMC, Talib Kweli, and Mix Master Mike)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: