[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 10 of 10
  • «
Forum moderator: ThaScience, s0dr2  
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » What Is Your Religious Orientation? ((If you had to label yourself, what would you be?))
What Is Your Religious Orientation?
Greeny Date: Monday, 16/Jul/12, 6:39 PM | Message # 136

OGs
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Remember, I believe God and the Universe are the same thing, and asking if God is conscious is like asking is the Universe conscious.

I know, that's why I'm asking. Cosmic consciousness means the cosmos is conscious or to be aware of the cosmic? I guess I don't really understand how the universe can be god...
To me, perhaps because I'm ignorant on the matter or too stupid to grasp the scientific explanation, it seems that our consciousness is completely random. It's just cells man.. For that matter complex cosmic or sub-atomic orders might as well be conscious in some way. Is pantheism going somewhere in that direction?

:)
Melhex Date: Monday, 16/Jul/12, 8:31 PM | Message # 137

Emcees
Christian

The Artisan (AKA) The Answer
Lord_Meth Date: Tuesday, 17/Jul/12, 6:23 PM | Message # 138

Heads
Quote (Greeny)
I know, that's why I'm asking. Cosmic consciousness means the cosmos is conscious or to be aware of the cosmic? I guess I don't really understand how the universe can be god...
To me, perhaps because I'm ignorant on the matter or too stupid to grasp the scientific explanation, it seems that our consciousness is completely random. It's just cells man.. For that matter complex cosmic or sub-atomic orders might as well be conscious in some way. Is pantheism going somewhere in that direction?

When I say "cosmic consciousnes" I'm referring more to enlightment and becoming illuminated. That accessing your third eye and all of that.
You're very scientific, I can tell. And you say our consciousness is just random. But once you realize your "random" consciousness is a part of a stream of interconnected energy, you can tap into a state where you don't limit yourself to just your body. Your mind aligns itself with the powers and energies around you.
So to sum it all up, meditation and spiritualism are both big within Pantheism.
There's soooooooooo much more to it. It's just too much to type and explain lol if you're really interested, you can always hit up Google.

Sick With It
KingGoo Date: Tuesday, 17/Jul/12, 6:54 PM | Message # 139

Rappers
the closest i've come to a religious experience was reading a Hendrix biography on LSD. I now sorta worship Hendrix in spirit, or at least I feel like he's a kind of guiding friendly spirit in my life

Rep the bay

http://www.last.fm/user/Romencer17
http://soundcloud.com/doobilicious
http://soundcloud.com/rome-yamilov
Greeny Date: Wednesday, 18/Jul/12, 11:18 AM | Message # 140

OGs
Quote (Lord_Meth)
And you say our consciousness is just random.

I don't actually believe that, it was just a thought. I always saw pantheism as something that sorta combined science and religion. Never really read into it. Perhaps I should.

:)
Lord_Meth Date: Wednesday, 18/Jul/12, 11:53 AM | Message # 141

Heads
Quote (Greeny)
I always saw pantheism as something that sorta combined science and religion. Never really read into it. Perhaps I should.

That's EXACTLY what it is lol.
We believe that science and spirituality are EXTREMELY interconnected. Two different explanations basically describing the same thing. What people confuse for God is the process of the Universe, and vice-versa.

Sick With It
Forum » Knowledge » Religion » What Is Your Religious Orientation? ((If you had to label yourself, what would you be?))
  • Page 10 of 10
  • «
Search: