[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » KRS says Def Jam made and destroyed Hip Hop
KRS says Def Jam made and destroyed Hip Hop
Menace Date: Friday, 02/Oct/09, 6:24 AM | Message # 16

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Ya'll are starting to hate on KRS a tad bit much, I think it would do you good to remember who the fuck he is and what he has done as an a artist. Ya'll are almost somehow making him look like an overrated asshole. This is the dude who had everyone in hip hop immitating police sirens, the dude that "hit you with that traditional style of cold rocking" the man who called out the mc's acting like they don't know, the mc who gives life and abortions to youngsters. Show some respect.

whit out Krs-One or BDP there wouldn't be no Bridge Wars no Boom Bap and ultimately no HIP HOP

Em-See'D Date: Friday, 02/Oct/09, 6:34 AM | Message # 17

Watchers
^^ yeah there would be no bridge wars but we should still have hip hop and still have Boom Bap because those were around before KRS-One. But I do respect KRS for the type's of songs he had esp in the early 90's he was one of the first rappers to come with deep/controversial views on religion, politics etc. Like his songs "Higher Level" and "The Truth" before him i don't think anyone was making songs like that so i respect him for that but now i think he should retire from rapping and just concentrate on that Temple of Hip Hop movement he's got going, coz if he keeps going its only gonna hurt his legacy, he's not wack or anything its just that when you hear him rap now his voice doesn't sound like it used to sound.
YANHAP1 Date: Friday, 02/Oct/09, 10:19 AM | Message # 18

DJs
Only one person said they didn't like KRS, everyone else agreed with what he said.

And those that say he's tryin to turn Hip Hop into a religion.....if he did....think of the tax breaks....LMAO!!!

who killed bambi?

Adam Date: Friday, 02/Oct/09, 6:16 PM | Message # 19

B-Girls
Not just one, but I don't feel like typing on my controller.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
EmSeeD Date: Friday, 02/Oct/09, 10:22 PM | Message # 20

Heads
Quote (YANHAP1)
And those that say he's tryin to turn Hip Hop into a religion.....if he did....think of the tax breaks....LMAO!!!

he actually said himself that he wants hip hop to be a religion.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 0:01 AM | Message # 21

Heads
true he did say that..

ill Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 10:29 AM | Message # 22

Emcees
idc what he did for hip hop hes still waste

The World Is Yours
Adam Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 10:36 AM | Message # 23

B-Girls
So you think he's a waste as a person?

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Menace Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 10:51 AM | Message # 24

Heads
Bob Marley was preachy like him and he promoted the Rastafarian religion like Krs-One promotes his own and Bob praised the King Of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I as God in flesh the return of Jesus the Jah so instead of being a bunch of hypocrites evolve

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » General Hip Hop Discussion » KRS says Def Jam made and destroyed Hip Hop
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: