[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » JAY ELECTRONICA SHOCKED AT DJ ENUFF'S RADIOPLAY (DJ Enuff makes Exhibit C the Heavy Hitter Pick of the Week!)
JAY ELECTRONICA SHOCKED AT DJ ENUFF'S RADIOPLAY
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 1:52 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Jay Electronica has shared his reaction to having his Just Blaze record "Exhibit C" played by DJ Enuff on New York's Hot 97 radio station.
---------------------------------------------------
After publicly debating whether or not to play Jay Electronica and Just Blaze's "Exhibit C" record on the radio, DJ Enuff has allowed the fans' voices to weigh in.

--------------------------------------------------------

this is how it all started, on dj enuff's website..
Why am I not playing J Electronica on Hot97? by dj enuff
JAY ELECTRONICA SHOCKED AT DJ ENUFF'S "EXHIBIT C" RADIOPLAY, "I'M STILL JUST TAKING IT ALL IN"

I’m listening to Jay Electronica’s latest tune Exhibit C Produced by Just Blaze. It is so good. I think it’s lyrical and the production is solid. Reminds me of some early Nas stuff,Then I ask my self : Why is it not spinning on the radio? At least during my time slot? Is it because there’s no dance tied to it? Is it because it’s not yet on BET’s Top Ten Countdown? Does it have to be a Club Banger? The radio isn’t a club. So why not Good solid Hip Hop? I have it on my website. I battle myself all the time when it comes to the radio. The job I love so much. I could make it the Heavy Hitter Pick of the week with no problem. Then what? I need HELP with this one. Any Suggestions ?

250 responses,
these are some responses..There is something wrong when a dj no longer feels comfortable breaking a record. No, radio djs shouldnt have complete free reign of what gets played, and its naive for anybody to think that thats ever been or ever will be the case. That being said, a radio dj, especially one with the type of show you have, should feel comfortable enough to every once in a while say hey, I believe in this record, and I believe in this artist Im gonna spin it! Worst case scenario and doesnt catch on, it fades back into the underground, and the masses wont even remember. But if it DOES catch on ohhh boyyyy think what kind of difference it could make!

Exhibit C its one of those special records. It deserves a shot. You can even scream produced by Just Blaze so you can attach a name to it that ppl will know. I mean, the station will play a Timbaland song, whos damn near said himself that he doesnt even believe in hip hop anymore, but wont support the other end of the spectrum, he super-producer that believes in hip hop so much that hell work with a relative unknown and make a BANGER! Something aint right about that.

responses,
you said its solid production and lyric wise?theres three reasons to play it right therewho gives a fuck if it has a weak ass dance attached or on BETS garbage ass station.one of the main reasons why the late 80s to mid 90s was the golden era of HIP HOP was that if shit was good it got played. if dudes had talent they got recognizedwe need to get back to thatif the beats good and the lyrics are tightPLAY THAT SHIT

DJ Enuff makes Exhibit C the Heavy Hitter Pick of the Week!! he played it.

these are some more responses, its spreading like the light spreads over the surface! thank u dj enuff for bringing that real hip hop back on the radio.i was unfamiliar with jay electronica but after hearing this and doing my homework dude is the truth, definitely the future of hip-hop. is this a resolution for radio stations?

JAY ELECTRONICA SHOCKED

Use this link if the video is not working
http://www.sohh.com/2009....xh.html

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 2:02 PM | Message # 2

Heads
here is the song

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 2:06 PM | Message # 3

Heads
the player in the initial comment isn't working. it says the player is corrupt.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 2:32 PM | Message # 4

Heads
hell yeah, finally someone doesn't want to just follow trends, i hope the song catches on

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 2:38 PM | Message # 5

Heads
i still think exhibit A is better though but this is pretty good.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
ALCATRAZ Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 2:48 PM | Message # 6

Writers
Never really liked Just Blaze but Jay Elect is coo and this is good news for him.

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 3:35 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)

agreed

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 3:42 PM | Message # 8

Heads
oh, i don't know why that video is not working, i copied the code exact, i'll try to copy and paste it again, in the mean time here is the direct link to it..

http://www.sohh.com/2009....xh.html

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 5:32 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)

true, i hope he plays some more underground, u never know..

HateMainstreamMusic Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 9:58 PM | Message # 10

Emcees
great news...i like the responses too...

Added (05/Jan/10, 9:58 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
ok i just heard exhibit a...i'm a fan

Save Date: Tuesday, 05/Jan/10, 10:06 PM | Message # 11

Rappers
hopefully now he'll drop an album

yeeah boii
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Hip Hop News » JAY ELECTRONICA SHOCKED AT DJ ENUFF'S RADIOPLAY (DJ Enuff makes Exhibit C the Heavy Hitter Pick of the Week!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: