[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: TheWatcher, Menace, I_Guy, Aristotle  
Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Catholic Church: A Religious Cult
The Catholic Church: A Religious Cult
Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 10:29 AM | Message # 1

Heads
If I may, I would like to better define the lines between a Christian church and an actual cult. All too often the word cult is addressed to people that believe in the second coming, trust the Bible, or just plain home school their children. What amazes me is how often it is the Catholic church that labels people with the title cult, when they themselves sport all the earmarks of a cult. This is an ancient technique designed to hide the truth in plain sight.

check the link for more :

http://www.remnantofgod.org/6SIGNS.htm

Acekat00o Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 4:34 PM | Message # 2

Heads
damn...it realy is a cult,cant believe they are so corupt ,i knew they were corupt but man!

Graffiti
Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 4:39 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Reborn)
damn...it realy is a cult,cant believe they are so corupt ,i knew they were corupt but man!

our beloved Romanian Christian Orthodox Church isn't far from that too most religions are cults

Kiba Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 7:38 PM | Message # 4

Emcees
lmao i think who ever wrote that was a crack head

I looked at the moon so full and so bright
And then at the fireplace with its flickering light
And realised why this world will never be right

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 8:38 PM | Message # 5

Removed
the only thing wrong with cults are their connotation. the only difference between a religion and a cult is their size. institutionalized religion has efficiently rid the world of cults by giving them a negative connotation through stereotypes i.e. your typical "drink the punch and rid yourself of all sins" cult story. it is all a fallacy. in ancient Egypt, thousands of cults made up the religious beliefs of the country. they called it as a collective the "Ancient Egyptian religion" and it usually centered around the God Horus. then someone who was corrupt got smart one day and said "hey, in order to fulfill my need for power i will take the strongest of the cults and use them to fight a holy war against the other cults so that i can take over then outcast the rest of the cults by saying that they are the anti-Gods" (*cough* Caesar). it is all a fallacy. and to prove my point:

Religion - a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. (http://dictionary.reference.com, definition 1)

Cult - a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies. (http://dictionary.reference.com, definition 1)

you see how cult takes it's definition basically straight from religion? game, set, match bitches!

Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 8:47 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
the only thing wrong with cults are their connotation. the only difference between a religion and a cult is their size. institutionalized religion has efficiently rid the world of cults by giving them a negative connotation through stereotypes i.e. your typical "drink the punch and rid yourself of all sins" cult story. it is all a fallacy. in ancient Egypt, thousands of cults made up the religious beliefs of the country. they called it as a collective the "Ancient Egyptian religion" and it usually centered around the God Horus. then someone who was corrupt got smart one day and said "hey, in order to fulfill my need for power i will take the strongest of the cults and use them to fight a holy war against the other cults so that i can take over then outcast the rest of the cults by saying that they are the anti-Gods" (*cough* Caesar). it is all a fallacy. and to prove my point:

Religion - a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. (http://dictionary.reference.com, definition 1)

Cult - a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies. (http://dictionary.reference.com, definition 1)

you see how cult takes it's definition basically straight from religion? game, set, match bitches!

in fact there was a war between the religious cults of Egypt that saw the decentration of the cults and it was Alexander not Caesar that installed the Ptolemeu dynasty in Egypt and changed the Gods and Christianity haves more to do whit ancient Mesopotamian religion rather then Egyptian cause the hebrews were once slaves in Babylon and from there they stole ideas that are the base of Judaism but still erik tru this i tried to show that all religions are cults so::: DOUBLE GAME SET MATCH BITCHESSS biggrin

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 8:59 PM | Message # 7

Removed
biggrin OK, i don't know half the history you do, but either way, that is what i was saying. thanks for affirming my point. when i said Caesar i was mainly referring to the institutionalization of Christianity. i did a poor job of outlining the time btw Ancient Egyptian religion and Christianity. i was referencing that because that is when the religious power mongerers truly took over.
Menace Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 9:20 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
biggrin OK, i don't know half the history you do, but either way, that is what i was saying. thanks for affirming my point. when i said Caesar i was mainly referring to the institutionalization of Christianity. i did a poor job of outlining the time btw Ancient Egyptian religion and Christianity. i was referencing that because that is when the religious power mongerers truly took over.

i will always affirme your point ( NO HOMO OR HOMO?? IDK) but still u get it wrong here too Caesar haves nothing to do whit religion the Roman Emperor that made the institutionalization of Christianity was Emperor Constantine Caesar and the glory days were in the far past Emperor Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the empire cool

eboyd_ Date: Friday, 28/Nov/08, 9:57 PM | Message # 9

Removed
oops. i feel like an idiot cry
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 0:42 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (eboyd)

except cults are made for power control and money, perhaps you could say it is similar to the people at the top of the religions, but thats certainly not what my church is like, my church doesn't seek power or control or money to go to a high up leader considered to be higher than myself so my religion is not a cult.

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 0:49 AM | Message # 11

Removed
cults don't necessarily do that. i could, for example, start a cult right now. it would simply be me and whoever agrees with my views. the only reason i don't is that i don't believe in labeling and categorizing and i would be doing that by starting a cult.
LyricalContent Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 0:49 AM | Message # 12

Emcees
Quote (EmSeed)
except cults are made for power control and money, perhaps you could say it is similar to the people at the top of the religions, but thats certainly not what my church is like, my church doesn't seek power or control or money to go to a high up leader considered to be higher than myself so my religion is not a cult.

truth same here with my church and Christianity is not about a religion it about having a relationship with God

For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God
1 Cor 1:18
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/thelastgreatone

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the Word of our God shall stand forever
is:40,8
eboyd_ Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 0:54 AM | Message # 13

Removed
Quote (eboyd)
cults don't necessarily do that. i could, for example, start a cult right now. it would simply be me and whoever agrees with my views. the only reason i don't is that i don't believe in labeling and categorizing and i would be doing that by starting a cult.
Menace Date: Saturday, 29/Nov/08, 9:22 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Quote (LyricalContent)
truth same here with my church and Christianity is not about a religion it about having a relationship with God

well thats why i am here and thats why i tried to tell you people cause many of you here too put religion over God

Forum » Knowledge » Religious/Philosophical Debate » The Catholic Church: A Religious Cult
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: