[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Menace, Aristotle, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » The U.S.A. Founding Fathers Hated Religion
The U.S.A. Founding Fathers Hated Religion
Menace Date: Tuesday, 23/Dec/08, 5:56 PM | Message # 1

Heads
i debated whit many american christian con's and they always speak about Jesus and america being a christian country and the founding fathers being the pioneers of christianity ( George W Bush himself)
but its hard evidence in the constitution itself that they hated the notion of religion in fact they hated any form of theocracy and a king these are some quotes from them:

“Lighthouses are more helpful than churches.” - Benjamin Franklin

“I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies.” - Benjamin Franklin

Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites.” -Thomas Jefferson

“The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.” -Thomas Jefferson

“Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.” James Madison,

i posted this thread just in a common sense wink

11thPlague Date: Tuesday, 23/Dec/08, 6:06 PM | Message # 2

Removed
Those Quotes ARe True
EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 23/Dec/08, 7:22 PM | Message # 3

Heads
what about george washington?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Tuesday, 23/Dec/08, 7:27 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
what about george washington?

they are an official 40 or more founding fathers that signed the declaration of independence i cant quote all of them

Every man, conducting himself as a good citizen, and being accountable to God alone for his religious opinions, ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience.
-- George Washington

If they are good workmen, they may be of Asia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mohometans, Jews or Christians of any Sect, or they may be Atheists.

-- George Washington

Menace Date: Tuesday, 23/Dec/08, 9:02 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (prozac26)
My math teacher said last year that JFK was first Catholic president.

Can anyone confirm, since I don't study American history.

what ?? yeah JFK was a catholic i dont admire him so much as some people do but still he wasn't that bad plus of course America had catholic presidents i know that Franklin D. Roosevelt was a catholic and almost all of the presidents of the US were Baptists and Protestants so whatever u call it its still the same religious dogma Christianity

prozac26 Date: Tuesday, 23/Dec/08, 9:34 PM | Message # 6

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
what ?? yeah JFK was a catholic i dont admire him so much as some people do but still he wasn't that bad plus of course America had catholic presidents i know that Franklin D. Roosevelt was a catholic and almost all of the presidents of the US were Baptists and Protestants so whatever u call it its still the same religious dogma Christianity

Yea, I don't quite remember what my teacher said, but he did say JFK was Catholic.

Nalin' Palin

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 25/Dec/08, 10:16 PM | Message # 7

Heads
The founding fathers were "rationalists". That was the development of the time among the intellectuals. Being so, they found much of their "rationalizations" in stict contradiction of religion.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd_ Date: Friday, 26/Dec/08, 1:27 AM | Message # 8

Removed
^^^^

And no, FDR was NOT Catholic. JFK was indeed the first Catholic president.

ill Date: Friday, 26/Dec/08, 11:44 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
i dont think they hated religion i think they recognized the dangers it posed to a free thinking society

The World Is Yours
Acekat00o Date: Friday, 26/Dec/08, 12:22 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
JFK was indeed the first Catholic president.

so in theory JFK had to submit whatever the pope wanted cause in catholic religion the pope was as grand as Jesus ,so when jfk was president the pope had ultimate power??

Graffiti
Menace Date: Friday, 26/Dec/08, 12:29 PM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (Acekat00o)
so in theory JFK had to submit whatever the pope wanted cause in catholic religion the pope was as grand as Jesus ,so when jfk was president the pope had ultimate power??

naah in secularism u cant do that u submit to the constitution

Watcher Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 4:41 AM | Message # 12

Watchers
the founding fathers believed that god was within ourselves... thats why in like dollars or whatever it says "in god we trust", thats suppose to mean that we trust ourselves and not the government.
Menace Date: Tuesday, 30/Dec/08, 8:03 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (Watcher)
the founding fathers believed that god was within ourselves... thats why in like dollars or whatever it says "in god we trust", thats suppose to mean that we trust ourselves and not the government

not really that phrase is pretty much new they put it in practice in the 50's

Forum » Knowledge » History/Culture » The U.S.A. Founding Fathers Hated Religion
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: