New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Pessimism vs. Optimism
Pessimism vs. Optimism
I_Guy Date: Monday, 20/Jul/09, 9:19 PM | Message # 1

Heads
;)

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 3:04 AM | Message # 2

Heads
bump

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 4:41 AM | Message # 3

Heads
wtf?

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 4:51 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Who knows

Which is objectively correct?

Menace Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 9:06 AM | Message # 5

Heads
it's relative in my opinion it depends on the situation

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 10:16 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
depending on your situation it can vary alot but I would have to say overrall, pessimism because if you are too optimistic you will end up getting killed.
random guy-"He has a gun!"

you-"No he doesn't! And even if he does, chances are I will get shot somewhere where I can live, like the foot"

raw example but see what I mean?

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 10:52 AM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
random guy-"He has a gun!"

you-"No he doesn't! And even if he does, chances are I will get shot somewhere where I can live, like the foot"

huh ? you see the gun normal people when they see guns they actually RUN from what i know LMAO rofl rofl optimist is a tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation but a dude having a gun pointed at me is a fucked up situation :D

Lord_Meth Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 12:37 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (Menace)
huh ? you see the gun normal people when they see guns they actually RUN from what i know LMAO optimist is a tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation but a dude having a gun pointed at me is a fucked up situation

LMAO! right
If I was sealed in a diamond cell with no doors and the only things I had was a rubber duck, a tub, and some soap, but there was a nuclear ticking off with only seconds left of exploding and just destroying me....no point in thinking..Hey there's probably a sign that goes off and say....BANG..just then the bomb explodes lol...funny shit...

Sick With It
Render215 Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 4:00 PM | Message # 9

Emcees
Continuous Optimism can set you up for disappointment when things don't go well..

While incessant Pessimism can be annoying to listen to, but can make you feel better when things do go well..

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 6:07 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Render215)
Continuous Optimism can set you up for disappointment when things don't go well..
While incessant Pessimism can be annoying to listen to, but can make you feel better when things do go well..

Exactly the answer I was looking for.

Render215 Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 6:12 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
Quote (I_Guy)
Exactly the answer I was looking for.

It's a good topic. I'd like this to be discussed further.. I_Guy is a ponderer.. that's what's up.

"People said his brain was infected by Devils..."
I_Guy Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 6:24 PM | Message # 12

Heads
I have several ideas when it comes to this topic because it encompasses a lot. Hope, destiny, judgment all are related.

When it comes to this I do agree with the Buddhist philosophy in that life is suffering, therefore all is negative. However we can manipulate our environment to provide positive results. Personally expect the negative, but fear it. This drives me to work for the positive. It's sort of cyclical.

I obviously don't believe in "hope" because it is an element of optimism and it usually suggests unrealistic expectations. However I do inadvertently hope at times, but right away pessimism is knocking on my forehead telling me to think. It is a natural occurrence to hope, but like always we have to consider reality and reason.

eboyd Date: Sunday, 26/Jul/09, 6:29 PM | Message # 13

Heads
I_Guy, check your email.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Pessimism vs. Optimism
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: