[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » What Is Your Philosophy On Citizenship?
What Is Your Philosophy On Citizenship?
eboyd Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 3:18 AM | Message # 1

Heads
Personally, I think what currently seems most logical to me is world citizenship. Immigration won't be an issue and it would give a nation reason to actually assist in helping their neighboring country to improve so that they can make sure they do not get too many people centralized in one city.many social ills would be cured. What do you think? Sorry if this is incohehrent. I'm tired as shit.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 8:33 AM | Message # 2

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
Sorry if this is incohehrent. I'm tired as shit.

i can tell... u posted this twice lol

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Menace Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 8:55 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Citizenship occurs when an individual has a social contract whit the state. Social contract describes a broad class of theories that try to explain the ways in which people form states and/or maintain social order. The notion of the social contract implies that the people give up some rights to a government or other authority in order to receive or maintain social order through the rule of law. It can also be thought of as an agreement by the governed on a set of rules by which they are governed. In a stateless or highly decentralized society the concept of social contract wouldn't exist so inherently citizenship wouldn't exist . In such society people would rely on the concept of free agreement as entitled by Bakunin and Kropotkin to resolve the problem of immigration. Second in the current state of society world citizenship is synonymous to world centralization , because a multinational state like organization will be formed because a world citizenship in our current case implies a social contract given to the world by a multinational state. So the idea is not quite good we don't need another state another government .

eboyd Date: Monday, 09/Nov/09, 9:06 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Interesting. I truly didn't understand the concept behind citizenship. I didn't realize how formal it was. I agree, then, with that idea Menace. That is what I really was trying to express in the first place.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » What Is Your Philosophy On Citizenship?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: