[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Consensus Goals For Humanity and the World
Consensus Goals For Humanity and the World
eboyd Date: Saturday, 12/Dec/09, 4:06 AM | Message # 1

Heads
It is my opinion that the reason we (as in mainstream poiticians/capitalitists of his time) have so many conflicting views on politics is because we are going about the matter backwards. We are presenting solutions to problems that have yet to be defined completely. No one has come to any kind of consensus on what an ideal world would entails. In here, we will discuss and try to come to such a consensus. Make sure to keep in mind opposing views, for they drive such a consensus.
Menace Date: Saturday, 12/Dec/09, 5:39 AM | Message # 2

Heads
well that's the problem and that's one of the arguments of mainstream politics against us . We theorize and talk about an " ideal society " for them doing this is Utopian and impossible.

eboyd Date: Saturday, 12/Dec/09, 10:59 PM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Menace)
well that's the problem and that's one of the arguments of mainstream politics against us . We theorize and talk about an " ideal society " for them doing this is Utopian and impossible.

i just think that this concept that "utopia is impossible," whether true or not, shouldn't cloud the idea that we need to set our concept of an ideal society and strive for it, adjusting things here and there to assure that we get as close to it as possible.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 5:59 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
i just think that this concept that "utopia is impossible," whether true or not, shouldn't cloud the idea that we need to set our concept of an ideal society and strive for it, adjusting things here and there to assure that we get as close to it as possible.

no doubt , we must always strive for a better world

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 5:00 PM | Message # 5

Heads
-Better education
-Decentralization of wealth
-Death of corporatism
-Lose religion

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 9:29 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
-Decentralization of wealth
-Death of corporatism
-Lose religion

lol! i'm sure we can all agree on #1, but these 3 most definitely won't fly on a consensus basis, especially in Hickville USA, the land where the population is 30,000 and the total sum of all teeth combined is 15 rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 13/Dec/09, 10:27 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
but these 3 most definitely won't fly on a consensus basis, especially in Hickville USA, the land where the population is 30,000 and the total sum of all teeth combined is 15

Very true. But the education they receive may open their mind to the following three. ;)

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
eboyd Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 1:45 AM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Very true. But the education they receive may open their mind to the following three. ;)

something to eventually strive for i guess (maybe), but if they do happen, they MUST do so naturally, not by force or coercion. the basis of this thread is that if we can strive for a common goal for humanity, we can build societies around the world based around these common goals and more easily convince people of what the appropriate social decisions might be in order to reach such goals.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 6:12 AM | Message # 9

Heads
more community organizing and more grassroots inside communities , more radical labor organizing , more organizational platforms , more workers cooperatives , credit cooperatives , mutual aid banks etc.

eboyd Date: Monday, 14/Dec/09, 8:11 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (Menace)
more community organizing and more grassroots inside communities , more radical labor organizing , more organizational platforms , more workers cooperatives , credit cooperatives , mutual aid banks etc.

once again, there's no way a consensus of people, let alone everyone, will agree to that.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 15/Dec/09, 6:21 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
once again, there's no way a consensus of people, let alone everyone, will agree to that.

not everyone must agree on that affinity groups are created inside labor unions for agitation and propaganda , the same inside communities . If there are no organizations for agitation and propaganda the people will never agree on something.

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 15/Dec/09, 2:02 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Quote (Menace)
not everyone must agree on that affinity groups are created inside labor unions for agitation and propaganda , the same inside communities . If there are no organizations for agitation and propaganda the people will never agree on something.

then you don't get the fucking clear point of this thread. it is for CONSENSUS goals for humanity. what kinds of things can we ALL agree on? we need to figure out what EVERYONE will agree on before we can set ways to achieve these goals. for example, i think EVERYONE, or at least almost everyone, can agree to strive for a better education system, a more peaceful world, to get more people fed, etc.

so what else can we add to this list? once we get this list together, then we can consider solutions. then and ONLY then.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

I_Guy Date: Tuesday, 15/Dec/09, 4:18 PM | Message # 13

Heads
More affordable health care.
More affordable high quality food.
More affordable pussy, oh wait...

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Consensus Goals For Humanity and the World
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: