New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: I_Guy, s0dr2, El_Matador  
Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Intelligence vs. Wisdom
Intelligence vs. Wisdom
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 5:28 PM | Message # 16

Heads
yes, but there was more too it than what you said (and what i and everyone else said for that matter) and LMAO at you saying "BANG" again!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 5:31 PM | Message # 17

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
yes, but there was more too it than what you said (and what i and everyone else said for that matter) and LMAO at you saying "BANG" again!

BANG is my catchphrase biggrin

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 5:38 PM | Message # 18

Heads
lol! i know. still funny though!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 5:39 PM | Message # 19

Heads
and in case anyone is wondering, we came to a conclusion on the last page about what "intelligence" and "wisdom" really mean. all of us were partially right. go back to the last page for an enlightening post.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:04 PM | Message # 20

Heads
and again i say
Quote (LadyChinita41)
A smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows whether or not to say it.

Quote (eboyd)
to be wise you must be educated

i know very wise people that are not so educated..u can read wikki but i'm going by what i've seen in my life and experience..when ur my age you will know what 'm talking about. biggrin

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:14 PM | Message # 21

Heads
Quote (LadyChinita41)
i know very wise people that are not so educated..u can read wikki but i'm going by what i've seen in my life and experience..when ur my age you will know what 'm talking about. biggrin

once again, from the dictionary:

ed⋅u⋅ca⋅tion
/ˌɛdʒʊˈkeɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ej-oo-key-shuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.

in other words, education doesn't necessarily mean knowledge gained from an institution. education is the act of gaining knowledge regardless of if it is done in a classroom or by the lake with some friends.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:15 PM | Message # 22

Heads
yup erik is right its called street education how we call it here or educated by life

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:28 PM | Message # 23

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
1. the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.
in other words, education doesn't necessarily mean knowledge gained from an institution. education is the act of gaining knowledge regardless of if it is done in a classroom or by the lake with some friends.

oh lol yea that what i was trying to say..

Quote (Menace)
yup erik is right its called street education how we call it here or educated by life

yes we call it street knowledge here also or "street smarts" that is what i was talking about..i like that "educated by life".. so like erik said basically we are all just saying the same crap lol over and over lol wacko so we all right lol i love this group, we so wise lol

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:38 PM | Message # 24

Heads
maybe its why we make a great team, smile wink ;) this is how i see us and correct me if u think i'm wrong, erik - intelligence, menace - knowledge, chinita - wisdom we are so different but make a great threesome lol

i just found this, i like what it says.

A wise person differs from a smart, or education person in a way that a wise person can judge in a way that is right or wrong. You definitely want a wise person when making decisions. A smart person is more trivial smart. He may know the capital of Mongolia, and can name you all of the characters from the 70's Show, but is bad when it comes to decision making.

Menace Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:46 PM | Message # 25

Heads
The Three Muskateers biggrin LOL

Chinita Date: Tuesday, 06/Jan/09, 6:51 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (Menace)
The Three Muskateers

biggrin

ok i guess i'm the one in the middle lol

Forum » Knowledge » Philosophy/Science » Intelligence vs. Wisdom
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «