[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: El_Matador, s0dr2  
Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » -Calling All Artists: We Are Going to Make An RHHF Anthem!- (-Calling All Artists: We Are Going to Make An RHHF Anthem!-)
-Calling All Artists: We Are Going to Make An RHHF Anthem!-
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 02/Oct/08, 4:12 AM | Message # 1

Heads
We have recently decided to do a "Part 2" type of thing also using a more hardcore type beat produced by Lethaface.
So far these are the people who are gonna be on it, its just a matter of recording it:
Download AyDee's beat here:
New York Anthem.MP3 - 2.15MB

here's an unofficial extended version of AyDee's beat that (eboyd) extended

to listen to both beats now, click play:

verses (in order. still waiting for some):

eboyd (AyDee beat)

eboyd (Lethaface beat)

what's hip hop to me? not hypocrisy/
spit toxically, beat box and free/
think consciously, rhyme optimally/
rap anomalies laying lyrics dominantly/
never abominably. predominantly/
bombing G's, disarming emcees/
M-I-Cs hooked up to M-P-Cs/
from L-E-S to M-E-D/
N-A-S to P-N-C/
(...)
somebody sitting spitting as a remedy/
commercial entities are meant to please/
the C-E-O of U-M-G and his cronies/
find and sign these phonies/
when lonely, get no Love like Monie/
labels only care if you go gold. me?/
i keep holding the hope I'll be molding/
a new shape for hip hop. it's unfolding/
lead by us, the crew that puts MC's in damnation/
Rebels for Emancipation And Liberation/
Helping Innocent People Hurdle Oppression/
and Prejudice forever. class is in session/
receive this lesson, time for mic cession/
mic blessing and record pressing/
i'm the Master Creator, my Mic's Crescent/
from bent words stretching, you need direction/
I'm forcing hip hop's rebirth by Cesaerian section

The Wildcore

Acekat00o

We the brothers of the old school and underground
Righteous, powerful, attacking mainstream sound
don't do it for cash,hoes or cars
We have more soul then the mainstream by far
Banging the real music on our boom box all day long
Having Hip-Hop in our heart and we stay strong
Bringing Hip-Hop in the universe metaphysical
representing the real its our daily ritual

Em-See'D

a rough recording of my verse

Trigger The Soldier

more than 30 years still goin strong
who would have thought I'd last this long
I'm far from dead just in a place where I dont belong
holding on,though I got some cats tearing me apart
money is the issue its official now I got no heart
confused not knowing whats real and whats not
the next generation is changin my name to pop
they changed my style got me rockin on another flow now
tellin everybody that this how its suppose to go down
hell nah what happened to the bboys djs and emcees
now I got a whole bunch of clowns representing me
actin like they know about me but their mentality
is based on making profit thats it no creativity
no dedication no love not even decency
makin a mockery of me and my history
but its time to act now time to change this scenery
real hip hop forever,scream it loud with me

Menace

Black Menace young guerrilla running tru the mainstream
Bombing and attacking the wealth of the high class fiend
Ain't 68 its a new millennium the new generation of soldiers are here
Ain't talkin' about robocop get yo mind straight we just the supreme team
Militant activist more hardcore then Wu tang's Cream
Real Hip Hop Forever the visionaries of the Utopian dream

Pensmoke

Mak_The_Lucid_Tongue

Junkie slash addict smoke, ingest and yes inject it
Need it in me just to live and 'til my death I stress I'll rep it
speaker wire veins, hearts a home on sedgwick
the beat gets me through the rain, lyrics pick me up like dead lifts
Nuthin' quite as beautiful as when a pen hits the paper
unless it's painted on city walls, bodegas to sky scrapers
lets keep it going in the name of hiphop, Dj's to beatmakers
Emcee's, Painters and let us never forget the breakers

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 4:32 PM | Message # 31

Heads
i didnt have time to look at that beat but what bout Aydee? i mean he veteran beat maker here maybe we can work something whit him on a banger beat after we finish that political one we most def need a anthem song

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 4:34 PM | Message # 32

Heads
Quote (Menace)
i didnt have time to look at that beat but what bout Aydee? i mean he veteran beat maker here maybe we can work something whit him on a banger beat after we finish that political one we most def need a anthem song

yeah, we can wait for people to submit beats then we can all vote for which beat we like best.

Acekat00o Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 4:35 PM | Message # 33

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
well i like it. i think it fits the anthem well, but i guess we'll just have to see what others can do.

like a man said,diversity is the key to susteinability

Graffiti
I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:08 PM | Message # 34

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
i dont know, it just doesent stick to me

Yeah, I wasn't sure how people would feel about it. First off it's not a regular hip hop beat (doesn't contain samples or a primary drum loop). It's more G-Funk oriented and I know that doesn't appeal to people as much anymore. But that's what I'm stuck on, so I do it. Also, I made it really long so it ends up being dragged out instead of being tightly packaged.

But I'm excited to hear what other people have to offer. I want to hear other peoples stuff too. We need to get more producers on here! Let's rally up and advertise.

Quote (AceKat00o)
the sound quality is a bit low

I agree on that. I'm not sure how to convert it and maintain its quality. Because when I convert it to mp3 I convert it at the highest quality available but it still loses quality. I can't upload the raw .wav file because it's almost 100MB and it will affect the buffer during playback. Any ideas on a better conversion?

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:14 PM | Message # 35

Heads
i know other people have said they like the song. i personally think it will fit it just takes getting used to coz the beat is very different, but i really like it. i kinda like the original one you made but i guess their both just as good.

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:18 PM | Message # 36

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
but i really like it. i kinda like the original one you made but i guess their both just as good.

Yeah that original was cut for lyrics and I feel like it transitioned well througout, but I tried to tone it down to be longer and more laid back. I can still alter this one however anyone wants.

We all know that each of our end is near; the question is do we accept the end of our living existence, or do we accept our existence as dead men...
Menace Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:22 PM | Message # 37

Heads
i heard the beat so its mad good but its not the problem of people now days not feelin G-funk but we need a heavy beat we need a boom bap style of a beat not really boom bap but the feel must be there cause we need to stick to the roots but give a new perspective too of course share the knowledge and the fun i dont know i will talke whit Aydee and maybe he can work out something or I_Guy and Aydee can work out together something

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:22 PM | Message # 38

Heads

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:24 PM | Message # 39

Heads
Quote (Menace)
i heard the beat so its mad good but its not the problem of people now days not feelin G-funk but we need a heavy beat we need a boom bap style of a beat not really boom bap but the feel must be there cause we need to stick to the roots but give a new perspective too of course share the knowledge and the fun i dont know i will talke whit Aydee and maybe he can work out something or I_Guy and Aydee can work out together something

yeah im looking forward to see what other beats can come

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:29 PM | Message # 40

Heads
Quote (Menace)

Good point, I agree, keep it to the roots. That's what I was saying about it not being a regular hip hop beat, as in being vintage or a original classic style beat. I might have to put the weight on Aydee because I've never took stab at the kind of beats we're talking about. We'll see.

Menace Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:39 PM | Message # 41

Heads
Quote (I_Guy)
Good point, I agree, keep it to the roots. That's what I was saying about it not being a regular hip hop beat, as in being vintage or a original classic style beat. I might have to put the weight on Aydee because I've never took stab at the kind of beats we're talking about. We'll see.

if u want to be more diverse u must learn the original beat too cause thats your job as a producer caue Dj Premier is an example he made CLASSIC beats but he made beats for the pop world too so u know G-Funk was a trend and every trend dies hip hop music and culture its here to stay forever

I_Guy Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 5:50 PM | Message # 42

Heads
I don't know I might have to sit back a little bit because my vision is to make sure the beat is as strong as the lyrics. Just as the lyrics should be meaningful, and at times complex, I feel the beat should be musically complex as well, with harmony and true melodic cadence. I don't know it's hard to explain, but yall will see what I mean when I get this album done. Basically, I feel like the music (melody, harmony) should break through the lyrics some times, just as the lyrics break through the rhythm almost always. Because the musical vibrancy can be just as powerful as lyrics, so I feel like if they match in power than you have something truly powerful. Let me put it this way, I try to think more like a composer rather than a producer because composers have been around since music itself began. I'm more into musical expression through instruments and philisophical expression through lyrics. What better form of music is there for that than hip hop. I guess I'm more into the function of music and its magic more than hip hop, but hip hop is the most logical and direct medium through which I can express my thoughts and my passion for a beautiful sound. So I guess I'm more in this for the love of music more rather than hip hop. But don't get me wrong I love hip hop. Everyday I think hip hop. I don't know, I guess sometimes I think too sensationally operatic.
Added (08/Oct/09, 5:50 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Menace)
if u want to be more diverse u must learn the original beat too

True, but I guess it comes down to this (I don't want it to but), original beats are more eastcoast oriented, and I've always focused on the other side's style. But your right.

Message edited by I_Guy - Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 6:43 PM
EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 09/Oct/08, 6:33 PM | Message # 43

Heads
Quote (Menace)
too so u know G-Funk was a trend and every trend dies hip hop music and culture its here to stay forever

the only trend part about g-funk was the G part. theres no reason why you can't still make funky beats, thats how it started, even eric b and rakim had some funky beats. just leave out the gangsta bit. i personally miss g-funk style beats, only reason it died was coz dr. dre stopped making that kind. and he was pretty much the only guy who could do that style well. warren g, big hutch those guys g-funk couldn't match dre's. daz's was alright though. sam sneed was good too.

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 12/Oct/08, 3:37 AM | Message # 44

Heads
anyways iv come up with some pretty good concepts in my head for this song. i want to rap kind of about the power hip hop has, the positivity hip hop brings and how it brings unity, how it brings people of all religion's, race together and the important messages it teaches, and also the opportunities hip hop creates for youths esp troubled youths. when you think about it hip hop can literally save lives. but i want to bring this message in a certain way, i was thinking about something to do with hip hop standing up and taking its name back, back from all the people who are using its name in vain and hip hop wants to reclaim what it really is again and also about RHHF, how RHHF is a brotherhood, thats what it is to me. perhaps RHHF standing up and taking back the name of hip hop and what it really is.

this is the concept i have for my verse, but if it doesn't fit in with what the rest of you guys want then i can use this concept for another song of my own. i know that no matter what i want to rap with this concept, what do you guys think about this and what concept do you guys have for this?

I_Guy Date: Sunday, 12/Oct/08, 11:47 AM | Message # 45

Heads
Quote (EmSeed)
what do you guys think about this and what concept do you guys have for this?

I like it.

Forum » RHHF Artists/Battlers » RHHF Artist's Music » -Calling All Artists: We Are Going to Make An RHHF Anthem!- (-Calling All Artists: We Are Going to Make An RHHF Anthem!-)
Search: