[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » ***How to Rob a hipster*** LOL- Opinions?!?!
***How to Rob a hipster*** LOL- Opinions?!?!
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 4:58 AM | Message # 16

Heads
thanks man! biggrin makes me feel good! i am really terribly self conscious. it's great to hear that. what did you think of the track overall?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 10:55 AM | Message # 17

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
wow. this faggot started the song by bragging that he just got out of the pen and showed his actual prisoner card. this guy is gay and wack.

He said that^^^ to lead up to his point that those tight pant wearing dudes are sissy's and he's fresh outta jail and needs a bitch......
LOL- it seems a lot of you took offense to this...is it cuz your closets are stacked with tight jeans and Afghan Scarfs!?!? LOL- i think the shit was funny and to be honest...this whole "college boy/hipster" movement is fuckin' up hiphop and making it seems as tho' Anybody can just be down cuz they got the fashion aspect nailed to a T.....LOL- FUCK THAT!!!!........you all weren't mad when ppl were dissin' weezy on his shit and everybody thought the video below was pretty funny last time i posted it...so why so angry now???

Added (14/Apr/09, 10:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (eboyd)
nah, i doubt it. so many cats on the underground have started an entire legion of wackness doing this shit lately. at least be creative with it damn you! i mean seriously, talk about it metaphorically or something to make the subject fresh.

It's funny you say this but how come you think it's okay for everyone to follow the hipster trend? That ain't "Fresh" or "creative"...everyone else is doing it!!!

....I ain't tryin' to diss you..I just don't understand your views....I agree that some of the dudes he mentioned may not have deserved it but most did and just cuz you like the artists it doesn't mean everybody does so he's entitled to his opinion.......... I don't like seein' guys like Common and Q-tip following these trends cuz look at Their newest albums...pretty fuckin' weak(in my opinion)

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 12:16 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Ok, my point is that the cats that started this hipster shit are actually talented artists. Kanye technically started this shit and even though his lyrics drip of wack sauce, his beats are some of the best in the game. Lupe has some of the most introspective lyrics in the game right now. I agree with you about Common's album, but the one before that (FF) and Q-Tip's album were dope imo, but that's besides the point. My point really is this: sure, the hipster trend is getting annoying and played (just like gangsta rap did after EVERYONE in the game started trying to be like NWA), but so is bitching about it on tracks. If you are going to do it, at least be original about it. I complain about it all the time, but not usually on tracks and the one time I did I was 100% original. Saul Williams does it but he's 100% original with it. He made an amazing poem about it called "Telegram To Hip Hop." That's what I'm saying. You would be booed off the stage in the golden age for sounding like someone else, but now people get praised for sounding "golden age." It makes no sense.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 12:27 PM | Message # 19

Heads
everyone was copying the way run dmc dressd when they wer popular. Does that mean Run DMC is wack? Did they fuck up hip hop? How can u say lupe fiasco, the neptunes, q tip, Common, or even kanye west is fuckin up hip hop when theyr the one with the best lyrics of the mainstream? I think its refreshing to see that being a thug isn't as glorified as it was in the 90s, being creative and having an education is starting to be cool again.

The "hipster" trend just shows that hip hop is a true music genre because it is able to expand itself and have sub genres.

livin life like some cheesy movie
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 12:42 PM | Message # 20

Emcees
^^^^^^^ I hear what you're sayin' but it just seems that over the last few years, EVERYBODY is just tryin' to do what everybody else is doing cuz it's making money... ie. the "Rockstar look, the hipster trend, the skaters in videos the long ass t-shirts, the dance songs etc.... It's dumbing down hiphop/creativity drastically which is why i posted that video cuz I feel like he's just as sick of it as a lot of us are and until people step up and say something it's never gonna change...Ya, some of us hear a lot of the bitching on tracks but Clearly A LOT of people don't cuz the trend continues until the next big one....it used to be about originality and "1 upping" the next guy, now it's about getting on the next guys level mimicking him and staying there... aher Roth, kid cudi, charles hamilton and the list goes on are all the same and i couldn't really decide between one of their cd's to buy if i had too........there's a way to be "nerdy" without sounding like everyone else...look at guys like El-P, Last Emperor, Vast Aire etc...all extremely different artists but they're into art and video games and sci fi , and comics and shit like that but they don't all look act and dress the same...

Added (14/Apr/09, 12:42 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (J-Breakz)
everyone was copying the way run dmc dressd when they wer popular. Does that mean Run DMC is wack?

that shit was ground breaking tho' because they took hiphop to anothe level...yeah, some people dressed similar(adidas will NEVER disappear from hiphop attire....these trends will)but people were still advancing the style and trying to one up each other while still giving credit where it was due... this trend of music isn't new unless you don't know your hiphop...Lupes(one example) shit could've been done in 94' and fit right in with guys like Hiero and o.c and shit...

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 12:48 PM | Message # 21

Heads
That's my point as well, but what you are failing to see is that if this dude really was on the same tip as you and I he's a hypocrite. For that reason he obviously isn't doing that. Think about it. If he's talking shit about people following trends he's a hypocrite because he's following a trend as well. He jumped on the "Hip Hop is Dead" bandwagon. Everyone from Nas to Elzhi to Reks, etc. have done this 100X already. He's obviously dissing hipsters because they "look like fags." That's unintelligible and not worth my energy. Come with something original. Talk about hipsters, but do so more subliminally. Idk. Something more original than this BS or else the song is just about "hipsters = fags" and that is as dumb as the hipster trend itself. At least Lupe and Kanye are very original in what they do.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 12:55 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
I wouldn't say the "hiphop is dead" thing is so much a trend as it is an opinion.....if that's the case we're all on the "HipHop Trend" and we should all be dissed for not being original wacko

I'd just like to see the hiphop culture start acting as diverse as it claims to be. Some of us do but that part of the culture seems to go unnoticed with the rest of the world......maybe it's better off that way tho'..... keeps us "original" wink

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 12:59 PM | Message # 23

Heads
no I honestly think ppl say hip hop is dead to seem cool

livin life like some cheesy movie
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:06 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
Quote (J-Breakz)
no I honestly think ppl say hip hop is dead to seem cool

of course some do... but whether or not this guy in the video did or not will remain unknown and some of us will obviously disagree on his motive..... bottom line is tho', if u got a passion for hiphop and a strong view...you gotta voice it- unless it's only for fame/$$$...but if that's the case then your passion is minimal.

Menace Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:12 PM | Message # 25

Heads
hipsters SUCK cause they are fashionistas hipster rap pretty much sounds the same on all levels categorizing Kweli or Most Def or who he categorized as hipster is pretty much dumb even their sound are not on a hipster level i understand his side but he named some people that are veterans like Q-Tip and Most Def thats fucked up ohh and i wear "afghan" scarfs yep i wear them for when i was little not only i am half Arab my family always supported the Palestinian cause so i am a hipster ?? not really i think ohh and i wear normal jeans too skinny or how you call them i wear plain normal clothes

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:16 PM | Message # 26

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
i wear "afghan" scarfs yep i wear them for when i was little not only i am half Arab my family always supported the Palestinian cause so i am a hipster ?? not really i think ohh and i wear normal jeans too skinny or how you call them i wear plain normal clothes

that's differnt tho' Menace cuz u have a reason.... but like 99% of the people that rock those scarfs don't know what it represents and i know a lot of people that get offended by that - and normal size jeans are fine but when it looks like you took and hour to get into them is ridiculous but even more ridiculous is that ppl rock belts with them... LMAO...those ain't goin' NOWHERE!!!

Message edited by MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue - Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:18 PM
eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:20 PM | Message # 27

Heads
He dissed Jay Electronica for wearing keffiyehs and doesn't even realize Jay is one of the few that actually knows what it symbolizes and wears it out of solidarity for Palestine. Also, Jay is one of the most original artists in the game. Who raps and makes beats like Jay? NO ONE! That dude is as original and not hipster as Sage Francis!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:29 PM | Message # 28

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
He dissed Jay Electronica for wearing keffiyehs and doesn't even realize Jay is one of the few that actually knows what it symbolizes and wears it out of solidarity for Palestine

ya, but was he wearing it before it became trendy??? honestly?!?! I don't know.......
It seems it's the whole Jay Electro thing that bothers you most about the track ... I knew when I posted it you would get bothered by that cuz you speak highly of him a lot.... I personally didnt like that he dissed Spank Rock cuz i feel that guy is original and paved the way for a lot of these followers but gets barely any recognition or mention in the hiphop world(also don't think Talib and Mos Def shoulda got mentioned)...but regardless, I can't even hate on the track cuz it need to be said....

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:34 PM | Message # 29

Heads
Yeah it needed to be said, but it has been said over and over again and it's a dead horse at this point. Vinnie Paz has said it already and so have many others and yes Jay has been wearing it since then. If you check his attire, he wears shit that is revolutionary, not trendy. There's a difference.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Tuesday, 14/Apr/09, 1:39 PM | Message # 30

Emcees
Quote (eboyd)
If you check his attire, he wears shit that is revolutionary, not trendy. There's a difference

ya, i've seen some pics...he does wear it differently....well....just not with the other sissy stuff most wear it with... icecream

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » ***How to Rob a hipster*** LOL- Opinions?!?!
Search: