[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Your Favorite Drummers?
Your Favorite Drummers?
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 7:50 PM | Message # 16

Emcees
Has my vote for best drum solo of all time.... And one of the best live performances of all time.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 7:53 PM | Message # 17

Emcees
Quote (8Diagrams)
Ha ha yeah no doubt

Hey 8, would you consider Green Day Pre-Shenanigans punk?
Like I'm watching their performance from Woodstock 94, and it's pretty damn punk. I mean punk isn't just about the music. It's just also an overrall attitude. Like on "FOD" at W.S.94, I can see several times where they mess up and they are just like "Fuck it... We rule".
I would say they are pretty punk.

Menace Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 8:08 PM | Message # 18

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Hey 8, would you consider Green Day Pre-Shenanigans punk?
Like I'm watching their performance from Woodstock 94, and it's pretty damn punk. I mean punk isn't just about the music. It's just also an overrall attitude. Like on "FOD" at W.S.94, I can see several times where they mess up and they are just like "Fuck it... We rule".
I would say they are pretty punk.

Well that's why they are not punk people think punk is a fuck you style well its actually not . Punk rose from a disfranchised generation which was young , angry and poor . Working class stiffs singing about class warfare that was punk . In the punk and hardcore subcultures, members or the scene are often evaluated in terms of the authenticity of their commitment to the values or philosophies of the scene, which may range from political beliefs (e.g., in an anarcho-punk squat) to lifestyle practices (e.g., not using drugs or alcohol in a "straight edge" scene"). In the punk subculture, the epithet "poseur" (or "poser") is used to describe "a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not." The term is used to refer to a person who adopts the dress, speech, and/or mannerisms of a punk or hardcore subculture, generally for attaining acceptability within the group, yet who is deemed to not share or understand the values or philosophy of the subculture . One notable attitude common within the punk subculture is the opposition to selling out, which refers to abandonment of personal values in exchange for wealth, status or power. Because anti-establishment and anti-capitalist attitudes are such an important part of the punk subculture, a network of independent record labels, venues and distributors has developed. Some punk bands have chosen to break from this independent system and work within the established system of major labels. Some punks argue that these artists have betrayed their communities, and that their creative integrity has become compromised.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 8:28 PM | Message # 19

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Well that's why they are not punk people think punk is a fuck you style well its actually not . Punk rose from a disfranchised generation which was young , angry and poor . Working class stiffs singing about class warfare that was punk . In the punk and hardcore subcultures, members or the scene are often evaluated in terms of the authenticity of their commitment to the values or philosophies of the scene, which may range from political beliefs (e.g., in an anarcho-punk squat) to lifestyle practices (e.g., not using drugs or alcohol in a "straight edge" scene"). In the punk subculture, the epithet "poseur" (or "poser") is used to describe "a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not." The term is used to refer to a person who adopts the dress, speech, and/or mannerisms of a punk or hardcore subculture, generally for attaining acceptability within the group, yet who is deemed to not share or understand the values or philosophy of the subculture . One notable attitude common within the punk subculture is the opposition to selling out, which refers to abandonment of personal values in exchange for wealth, status or power. Because anti-establishment and anti-capitalist attitudes are such an important part of the punk subculture, a network of independent record labels, venues and distributors has developed. Some punk bands have chosen to break from this independent system and work within the established system of major labels. Some punks argue that these artists have betrayed their communities, and that their creative integrity has become compromised.

Well I mean if you look at how the guys in Green Day grew up, they were definitley lower class. The bassist got kicked out of his parents house and lived in the guitarist's garage when he was only 13.
On top of that, the guitarist's mom worked like 3 jobs to keep the lights on, and his dad died of cancer and I mean just read up on them and you will see that their up-bringing wasn't this sugarcoated teenage funland like how Blink182's growing up was.

Plus, Green Day actually played along side several "true" punk bands at 924 Gilman Street in San Fransisco which was like a major place in the Southern California punk movement of the late 1980's.

And then, even though the SOUND of their 2004 album "American Idiot" is pop-rock, the whole album is about politics and growing up in America under the Bush Administration and how our generation is going to have to get off their ass and do shit if they don't want everything to just go fuck itself up the ass.

Green Day is alot more than just some Blink 182 sounding motherfuckers. (Note, I still love Blink.)

By the way menace, I still listen to Crass to this day since you showed me them.
I learned "So What" by them last night.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 01/Jan/10, 8:33 PM | Message # 20

Emcees
Quote (8Diagrams)
Nice, man, glad to see your expanding your horizons.

Yeah at first I hated them but they grew on me a lot like how Ras Kass grew onto me.

I have gotton alot into Bad Religion, Black Flag, and GBH.

Also your sig got me into John Coltrane, 8.... He's an amazing musciain but I can't honestly say I love jazz. It's okay to listen to while I'm having a cigarette in the morning but I can't just walk around and be like "Fuck yeah time for some David Axelrod".

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 02/Jan/10, 4:14 AM | Message # 21

Emcees
Menace?!?!
Are you going to respond to me?

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 02/Jan/10, 4:22 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
Did I win?!?!

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 02/Jan/10, 10:50 PM | Message # 23

Emcees
I guess I win.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 0:15 AM | Message # 24

Emcees
8!?!?! Are you still in on this discussion?
I thought this was a good thread :/
Guess I froze it.

Save Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 2:40 AM | Message # 25

Rappers
suprised none of you guys said anything about these 2 guys.

i play drums myself and these guys are mad fun to play along with :D

yeeah boii
MAK_The_Lucid_Tongue Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 4:46 PM | Message # 26

Emcees
Phil Collins anyone???

"UNTIL THEY STOP ME, BURY, MURDER ME OR DROP ME, I GOT...THUG LUV FOR MY NATIONWIDE POSSE"

Menace Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 5:12 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
Well I mean if you look at how the guys in Green Day grew up, they were definitley lower class. The bassist got kicked out of his parents house and lived in the guitarist's garage when he was only 13.
On top of that, the guitarist's mom worked like 3 jobs to keep the lights on, and his dad died of cancer and I mean just read up on them and you will see that their up-bringing wasn't this sugarcoated teenage funland like how Blink182's growing up was.

Plus, Green Day actually played along side several "true" punk bands at 924 Gilman Street in San Fransisco which was like a major place in the Southern California punk movement of the late 1980's.

And then, even though the SOUND of their 2004 album "American Idiot" is pop-rock, the whole album is about politics and growing up in America under the Bush Administration and how our generation is going to have to get off their ass and do shit if they don't want everything to just go fuck itself up the ass.

Green Day is alot more than just some Blink 182 sounding motherfuckers. (Note, I still love Blink.)

By the way menace, I still listen to Crass to this day since you showed me them.
I learned "So What" by them last night.

Well it's a cultural thing . They don't really adhere to the values or philosophies of the subculture. Mostly they are discredited because they don't use the DIY ethic . And of course because they fuse pop whit punk . They commit a double error which is seen by the real punk subculture as blasphemous . By leaving the DIY ethic behind and fusing such sounds into punk rock you transform punk rock into what punk rock itself hated and rebelled against . It's the same for hip hop now days .

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Your Favorite Drummers?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: