[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Teddy Riley Accused Of Beating 18-Year-Old Daughter
Teddy Riley Accused Of Beating 18-Year-Old Daughter
abanks47 Date: Saturday, 02/Jan/10, 4:09 PM | Message # 1

Emcees
Teddy Riley Accused Of Beating 18-Year-Old Daughter: http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/12/29/22078920.aspx

TMZ.com reports that R&B/Hip-Hop producer Teddy Riley is accused of violently attacking one of his daughters during an altercation on December 23rd.

Riley, who has worked with artists like Kool Moe Dee, Heavy D. & The Boyz, Bobby Brown, Keith Sweat, Michael Jackson and Madonna, is also credited with creating the “New Jack Swing” style of music in the 1990’s.

He is accused of striking his 18-year-old daughter Taja Riley and her older sister in their Los Angeles home on December 23.

According to TMZ, a restraining order was filed and granted in Los Angeles Superior Court. Taja claims that the 43-year-old Blackstreet member abused her and her sister by “stomping, punching and bashing” them causing “contusions” and other injuries.

She claims that at one point during the altercation Teddy Riley lifted a Rock Band guitar and threatened to kill “someone” with it.

Teddy Riley has been ordered to stay 100 yards or away from Taja and he is due in court next in January in relation to the incident.

Teddy's response
Teddy Riley Speaks on Spoiled Daughter’s Assault Allegation: http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/12/30/22080074.aspx

New Jack Swing pioneer and Blackstreet founder Teddy Riley is denying reports that he assaulted one of his daughters, claiming the allegation is the result of a financial dispute.

Riley's 18-year-old daughter Taja filed a temporary restraining order against her father, claiming that she and her older sister were stomped and punched.

The Los Angeles court filing also states that Teddy Riley allegedly threatened to kill them while swinging a Rock Band video game guitar.

In a prepared statement, Riley explained that he spoiled his children over the years, and his daughter’s legal case is a response to him being a stronger disciplinarian.

“I love my daughters, but I will not allow my children to disrespect me in my home. Contrary to what I have been accused of, I would never beat my children,” Riley stated to TMZ.com. “Perhaps, I should have been a stronger disciplinarian as they were growing up. I worked very hard so that my children would want for nothing. In hindsight, I see that it was a mistake to give them everything they wanted so that they could have the childhood I never had. Unfortunately, they have taken me, and the privileged life I have given them, completely for granted.”

While not directly addressing specifics from the incident, Riley further alluded to the confrontation happening over some form of disrespect.

“Instead of being appreciative and realizing how fortunate they are, my children have an inflated sense of entitlement and expectation without having to work or earn their way,” Riley continued. “However, my 'children' are no longer children, they are adults and I am trying to instill in them values and a work ethic of their own. I am not an uptight Dad, I am as hip as they come but I will not tolerate being taken advantage of or disrespected, especially in my home… I'm asking everyone to let this one go... I'm only being a good parent. I'm a great father and everyone who knows me, knows this is true.”

At press time, Teddy Riley has to remain at least 100 yards from his daughter Taja until their January 2010 hearing.

A WELL DRESSED SKELETON SLOWLY CUTS YOUR THROAT.

"I Have No Fear Whatsoever of Anybody or Anything" -Malcolm X

“those who consider themselves the most adamant adherents of “real” hip-hop can also be the least knowledgeable.” –Adilifu Nama; an excert from his perception of Nas’s “Genesis”

Watcher Date: Saturday, 02/Jan/10, 6:31 PM | Message # 2

Watchers
lol
J-Breakz Date: Sunday, 03/Jan/10, 3:27 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (abanks47)
The Los Angeles court filing also states that Teddy Riley allegedly threatened to kill them while swinging a Rock Band video game guitar.

LOL, well I hope Teddy Riley wins the case. Even if he did beat up Q-tip :'(

livin life like some cheesy movie
Montana213 Date: Monday, 01/Feb/10, 3:04 AM | Message # 4

Emcees
Quote (abanks47)
Teddy Riley allegedly threatened to kill them while swinging a Rock Band video game guitar.

hahahaha fuck

Can't turn back my eyes on the prize
I got nothing to lose
everybody gotta die
say good-bye to the bad guy

-MrJake- Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 5:54 PM | Message # 5

Writers
Quote (Watcher)
lol

"People that Judge Gay People are gay"
"People that Judge People That Are Gay People are gay"
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » Teddy Riley Accused Of Beating 18-Year-Old Daughter
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: