[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » New Hendrix album features unreleased studio material (2010 marks the 40th anniversary of his death)
New Hendrix album features unreleased studio material
Chinita Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:01 PM | Message # 1

Heads
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Continuing with what will be a popular theme in 2010, the family of the late Jimi Hendrix has announced a new album from the fallen superstar. Due out March 9th, Valleys of Neptune will include 12 tracks recorded at various studios during Hendrix’s final recording sessions while working on his posthumously completed First Rays of the Rising Sun, Rolling Stone reports.

Highlighting the effort will be its title track, which was said to be unearthed nearly 40 years after it was recorded at Hendrix’s final sessions. Covers of “Bleeding Heart” and Cream’s “Sunshine of Your Love,” plus rerecorded versions of “Fire”, “Red House” and “Stone Free” are also set to be included.

“My brother Jimi was at home in the studio. Valleys of Neptune offers deep insight into his mastery of the recording process and demonstrates the fact that he was as unparalleled a recording innovator as he was a guitarist,” explains Janie Hendrix. “His brilliance shines through on every one of these precious tracks.”

The family also intends to reissue all the Jimi Hendrix Experience’s studio albums, 1967’s Smash Hits, and the 1997 release of First Rays of the Rising Sun in the months ahead. The releases will be packaged with a documentary by Beatles Anthology director Bob Smeaton and will feature interviews with the Experience’s Mitch Mitchell, Noel Redding, and producers Chas Chandler and Eddie Kramer.

Of course, all this will follow a previously announced new Hendrix live album, tribute tour, and fictionalized film. 2010 marks the 40th anniversary of the death of the acclaimed musician.

Valleys of Neptune Tracklist:
01. Stone Free
02. Valleys Of Neptune
03. Bleeding Heart
04. Hear My Train A Comin’
05. Mr. Bad Luck
06. Sunshine Of Your Love
07. Lover Man
08. Ships Passing Through The Night
09. Fire
10. Red House
11. Lullaby For The Summer
12. Crying Blue Rain’

s0dr2 Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:04 PM | Message # 2

OGs
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssick!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Chinita Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:07 PM | Message # 3

Heads
dance

ALCATRAZ Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 2:18 PM | Message # 4

Writers
Great news. Can't wait. :D

"I personally think OBCL2 is better than the original" - Lord Meth

Chinita Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 7:07 PM | Message # 5

Heads
another album i'm getting and the new sade, headlines everywhere about her. will be posting her new premier video for her new single on the front page soon..this is big news in music right now, sade is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, my gurl :)

eboyd Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 9:03 PM | Message # 6

Heads
Man, I hope they find those recordings that Miles Davis claims to have done with Hendrix!

Also, it's too bad that Hendrix died when he did because he was slated to 1. release an album with legendary bassist and also fallen superstar Jaco Pastorius AND he was originally going to be the 5th member of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young!!!! Imagine: Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young and Hendrix!!! :o

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Chinita Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 9:07 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Imagine: Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young and Hendrix!!!

guitar

Chinita Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 9:11 PM | Message # 8

Heads
dam something about hendrix, love that pic..the man is sexy fineeeeeeeeee ;)

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 11/Jan/10, 10:04 PM | Message # 9

Heads
cool i've got live versions of his recordings of Sunshine Of Your Love and Bleeding Heart, they were both good but very rough, i hope these will be real proper versions

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Chinita Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 0:44 AM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
cool i've got live versions of his recordings of Sunshine Of Your Love and Bleeding Heart, t
cool...

Dookie Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 6:36 AM | Message # 11

Emcees
yeah i love his music, very beautiful.

Intelligence is the understanding of self - Bruce Lee
G-Ammo Date: Tuesday, 12/Jan/10, 12:30 PM | Message # 12

Emcees
Redhouse
Voodoo Chile
Who Knows
Machine Gun

Those are his best imo :D!!!!!! Of course live versions :D
Jimi Hendrix FTW!

19 Year old Beatmaker from Holland! :D

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 13/Jan/10, 4:10 AM | Message # 13

Heads
Voodoo Child >>>>> Voodoo Chile ;)

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » New Hendrix album features unreleased studio material (2010 marks the 40th anniversary of his death)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: