Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
Forum moderator: s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » dirt nasty
dirt nasty
EverDazed Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 9:38 AM | Message # 16

Watchers
Quote (Adam)
Do you know how many blu's there are? How many tech's? hell back in the day how many big daddy kane's were there?? yeah so now underground rappers tend to sound just like the first 25 seconds of this video. We can cherry pick mcs here and there but those are the ones that have a name already. Think about the mcs who don't got names people who just put up rap videos on youtube and only get like 5 views. That endless amount of rappers sound the same.

Wtf man.lol
You really generalising all underground MC's like that? You really think ALL underground MC's sound like some one else? That theyve stole their style from some one else? Music is forever changing man, and MC's are constantly evolving and bringing new styles to the forefront of it. Yes a lot of MC's take a style and make it their own, or get on the bandwagon to gain some appeal by association. However, to have those MC's.....you need to have the MC's that start the trend, that bring the new styles to the game. There have been many pioneers in underground hip hop man, and your straight up ignoring that shit. Underground Hip Hop is so fucking vast, there's new MC's and groups coming up all the time. Some with their own style, some not. Thats just music man, wake up..
Adam Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 9:54 AM | Message # 17

B-Girls
Quote (EverDazed)
Yes a lot of MC's take a style and make it their own, or get on the bandwagon to gain some appeal by association.

not a lot, the majority.

Quote (EverDazed)
There have been many pioneers in underground hip hop man, and your straight up ignoring that shit. Underground Hip Hop is so fucking vast, there's new MC's and groups coming up all the time. Some with their own style, some not. Thats just music man, wake up..

How am I ignoring pioneers when I said that underground rappers copy them. Hip hop is vast... of course it is and yeah theres a clusterfuck of groups and rappers most of which music could do better without.

I don't care that theres a lot of rappers that want to be accepted so they follow the popular trends. I just simply think its funny that dirt purposely shitted on immortal technique-ish rappers.

I need to wake up to music! LOL, I am easily the most musically diverse person in this group. Mainly because I sample but still I know what music is about.

that video is my reasons for anything I say okay, and my answer to any of your questions.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
NtG Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 10:14 AM | Message # 18

Heads
WHAT THE FUCK, cant see any videos in this thread

[deleted]
EverGoon Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 11:01 AM | Message # 19

Watchers
Quote (EverDazed)
not a lot, the majority.

The majority of MC's *You've* heard...........Or *You* listen to

Quote (Adam)
How am I ignoring pioneers when I said that underground rappers copy them.

Im saying your ignoring pioneers in Underground Hip Hop, not just Hip Hop.

Quote (Adam)
Hip hop is vast... of course it is and yeah theres a clusterfuck of groups and rappers most of which music could do better without.

I whole heartedly agree with that man, but at the end of they day...its a matter of opinion. There is an audience for everyone and everything....

Quote (Adam)
I need to wake up to music! LOL, I am easily the most musically diverse person in this group. Mainly because I sample but still I know what music is about

Your are easily the most ignorant and arrogant person in this group, im sure there are a lot of eclectic heads in this group and I am one of them. I listen to more music than you could ever imagine man, you dont know shit. You can just generalize a genre like that, its stupid...

Added (03/Sep/11, 11:01 Am)
---------------------------------------------
*Cant..

Adam Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 11:02 AM | Message # 20

B-Girls
Quote (EverGoon)
You can just generalize a genre like that, its stupid...

who says I can't. btw your insults are cracking like leather whips on my skin right now.

Quote (EverGoon)
I listen to more music than you could ever imagine man

you wanna put money on that??? internet funny money of course but still, you want to put money on that???

EverWho? Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 11:07 AM | Message # 21

Watchers
Quote (Adam)
who says I can't. btw your insults are cracking like leather whips on my skin right now.

haha Im not trying to insult you man, trust me...

Quote (Adam)
you wanna put money on that??? internet funny money of course but still, you want to put money on that???

How? What? When? Definitely :-)

Im off out now so will be back on tomorrow...
Bape Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 1:52 PM | Message # 22

Emcees
Quote (Menace)
Bape is just an idiot, he loves to suck dicks, and gives ass for 5 dollars, so he's irrelevant

:'(

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 3:30 PM | Message # 23

Heads
HAH! This thread owns! Adam FTW.
If yall think Hip Hop is bad when it comes to Underground vs. Mainstream, go to a Rock forum...Its hectic.

Sick With It
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 3:33 PM | Message # 24

Emcees
How about we all just fucking drop it because when it comes down to it, 100 years from now, no one is going to give a FLYING FUCK about the VAST majority of the artists today, whether they are underground or big.
They'll be a footnote in some college textbook at BEST. just listen to what you want, i don't see the point in categorizing anything. If it's good music, it's good music, and everyone's idea of "good" is completely subjective so really there's no point in arguing whether or not it's good.
There are people that think this shit is good

Personally I think it's fucking horrid, but so what. None of my opinions something as petty as MUSIC, or anyone else's opinions on this site, or in the whole fucking world matter in the grand scheme things is going to matter.
Music is music. It's a huge part of my life. I have a gig tonight actually. But I don't let it affect my opinions on people's intelligence, or how "real" they are.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 3:36 PM | Message # 25

Emcees
And for the record, I personally think Dirt Nasty's video was fucking hilarious and he makes a good point, and I do think alot of underground MC's try too hard to be philosophical and not enough of them just have fun... But it doesn't matter. It's not worth my time to bitch about it. They're underground for a reason, and it's because they spend too much time trying to be intricate and shit. Not that I don't like the intricate shit, there's a time and place for everything, but that shit has no place on the radio, I wouldn't WANT it on the radio in the first place. People don't want to drive to work everyday listening to some guy talk about geometry and politics and fucking physics, they want to hear bullshit about either "TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS LOLOLOL LET'S PLAY THE SAME 5 CLASSIC ROCK SONGS EVERYDAY" or "BRICK SQUAD BRICK SQUAD MONEY MONEY BITCHES BITCHES".
just let it be.

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 3:40 PM | Message # 26

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
Hopsin is my man! He sounds like Eminem in most of his tracks but his own style is great.

^^^^ Ive been meaning to give this guy a listen. Does he have any mixtapes or albums that r good?

Sick With It
Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 3:48 PM | Message # 27

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
And for the record, I personally think Dirt Nasty's video was fucking hilarious and he makes a good point, and I do think alot of underground MC's try too hard to be philosophical and not enough of them just have fun... But it doesn't matter. It's not worth my time to bitch about it. They're underground for a reason, and it's because they spend too much time trying to be intricate and shit. Not that I don't like the intricate shit, there's a time and place for everything, but that shit has no place on the radio, I wouldn't WANT it on the radio in the first place. People don't want to drive to work everyday listening to some guy talk about geometry and politics and fucking physics, they want to hear bullshit about either "TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS LOLOLOL LET'S PLAY THE SAME 5 CLASSIC ROCK SONGS EVERYDAY" or "BRICK SQUAD BRICK SQUAD MONEY MONEY BITCHES BITCHES".
just let it be.

Niggas cant let it be man! This RHHF. We have to have these arguements between the Mainstream-Accepting and Underground-Purists. Without it, there would be no fun.
Ever since the religious debates died out, we gotta have something to bitch about.

Sick With It
Adam Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 3:57 PM | Message # 28

B-Girls
Right now a lot of hip hop is laughable to me. So dirt nasty fits in nice for the time being.

ilikebacon3000 Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 4:39 PM | Message # 29

Emcees
Quote (Lord_Meth)
Ever since the religious debates died out, we gotta have something to bitch about.

WHATS WITH THIS AIRLINE FOOD? PEANUTS?

EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 03/Sep/11, 8:01 PM | Message # 30

Heads
Quote (Adam)
Do you know how many blu's there are? How many tech's? hell back in the day how many big daddy kane's were there?? yeah so now underground rappers tend to sound just like the first 25 seconds of this video. We can cherry pick mcs here and there but those are the ones that have a name already. Think about the mcs who don't got names people who just put up rap videos on youtube and only get like 5 views. That endless amount of rappers sound the same.

something i've been noticing is there are too many underground rappers that just aren't interesting any more, there are all these rappers getting on DJ Premier, Pete Rock etc beats, and all of them just waste it by rapping about the same old bullshit sounding uninspired and all sounding alike. its starting to piss me off, 90% of Duck Down's roster all sound exactly the same and rap about the same bullshit. And then sadly, most of the rappers that are bringing something new, happen to suck donkey dick

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Forum » Off-Topic » General Music » dirt nasty
Search: