Trayvon Martin Saga
EmSeeD Date: Monday, 19/Mar/12, 4:19 AM | Message # 1

Heads
So disturbing,

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
Menace Date: Wednesday, 21/Mar/12, 10:22 PM | Message # 2

Heads
What bothers me is the non existent collective anger and reply of the black community. How most black people were swindled to vote for a black president and now think that "everything be OK". Black Americans should follow people Lorenzo Kom'boa Ervin, and once again build grassroots power in order to evolve socioeconomically. And the shit in our face is that this dude is free, back when the cops that gave an ass whooping to Rodney King were released, people at least rioted and showed their collective anger and frustration.

I don't think that hustler Al Sharpton can substitute for a social movement, neither the NAACP or Obama. These people are not on the same page as the black working class, they don't care about black people getting shot, or about the economic segregation inside black communities.

These people don't give a shit about us, really.. they fight for the advancement of their own class interests. Thinking otherwise is idiotic; this, and the whole situation of the black communities, should be a a slap on the face for those house negroes that had the audacity (to use a "presidential" term) to criticize black activists that told them Obama can't change shit.

Trayvon Martin is but a glimse in "post racial America".

eboyd Date: Friday, 23/Mar/12, 5:46 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Quote (Menace)
What bothers me is the non existent collective anger and reply of the black community.

you mean like the lack of movements/protests all across the nation demanding George Zimmerman's arrest including punishment for the Sanford PD?

people are outraged and showing it. if by this you mean the lack of rioting and other such action, remember back to the riots from the Rodney King beating. that lead to the further demonization of blacks and therefore set the movement back several years. then again, looking at how ineffective the Occupy Movement's and other similar movements nonviolent processes have been largely ignored lately, and the continued freedom of this ruthless, racist, murder, as well as the obviously still racist system, i'm beginning to flirt more and more with the notion that insurrectionary measures may be necessary if we want positive change in the world, however much it pains me to admit it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 23/Mar/12, 5:57 AM | Message # 4

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Quote (Menace)
What bothers me is the non existent collective anger and reply of the black community.

you mean like the lack of movements/protests all across the nation demanding George Zimmerman's arrest including punishment for the Sanford PD?

people are outraged and showing it. if by this you mean the lack of rioting and other such action, remember back to the riots from the Rodney King beating. that lead to the further demonization of blacks and therefore set the movement back several years. then again, looking at how ineffective the Occupy Movement's and other similar movements nonviolent processes have been largely ignored lately, and the continued freedom of this ruthless, racist, murder, as well as the obviously still racist system, i'm beginning to flirt more and more with the notion that insurrectionary measures may be necessary if we want positive change in the world, however much it pains me to admit it.

Sometimes I think the truth is we only care about who looks stronger, people don't want to stand up for Trevor because the racist police and the gun man look stronger and more dominant, but if people were to riot then they would appear stronger and people would start supporting them because people want to support the side that appears stronger, I don't think violence makes someone stronger, like with Gandhi etc, But something needs to be done to show that the protesters have some humongous fucking balls lol

EmSeeD Date: Friday, 23/Mar/12, 9:41 PM | Message # 5

Heads
Now all these people are spreading some story of two black kids burning a white kid and calling him a 'white boy', I see they're now all saying things like "see when its blacks doing something to white kids noone makes a big deal of it" as if to say that somehow makes what happened to Trayvon Martin ok or something, why would they even make this point anyway? what are they trying to say? that the media is racist against whites and that we should all just forget about the injustice that happened to Trayvon Martin since bad things also happened to white kids?

The thing is, they're missing the point of it all. The reason the Trayvon Martin case is stirring up such a big protest is because of how the Police dealt with it, not the actual crime but the fact a gunman with a bad criminal history was barely even questioned and let off scot free after shooting a black teenager. In the case of these two black kids burning a white kid somewhere, these kids weren't let off, the police are currently looking for them and those kids will go to jail, unlike the man who shot Trayvon Martin. Which is why there are all these protests.

People are trying to say why didn't this case get as much press coverage as Trayvon Martin? Well there are crimes happening every day in America, its impossible to cover every single crime that happens, the news would be nothing but the crime channel and again, its not the crime that people are outraged over but the injustice of the Police. People are saying that the burning of this kid was racially motivated but there's no evidence of that at all, yeah they called him white boy, but that doesn't mean that was the reason they burned him, they could have burned him for something he had done and they were getting revenge, don't get me wrong thats horrible but there's nothing to say it was because of race like the people spreading this story are trying to say. Should also point out that the kid who got burned is still alive.

I feel like this story is only now being spread by people with racist views because I've seen them say things like this before, I think its pretty sad they're trying to use this story to kill the momentum of the protesters over Trevor Martin, as if two wrongs made a right, what happened to both are horrible, but the reason you're seeing a black man on your news is because of how the Police let the killer go free

Uncharted Date: Saturday, 24/Mar/12, 11:24 AM | Message # 6

Emcees
well its as simple as this, the man was the neighborhood watch....all he had to was WATCH not DO

eboyd Date: Thursday, 29/Mar/12, 2:46 AM | Message # 7

Heads
it seems like there are more than meets the eye with the details of this case according to many sources, including the Miami Herald and the LA Times. idk what to think anymore. i no longer have an opinion on this case. apparently, while Zimmerman was following him, Trayvon actually attacked first and Zimmerman may have actually feared for his life as Trayvon may have actually been beating Zimmerman's head into the concrete. he may have even at one point tried to go for Zimmerman's gun, suggesting to Zimmerman that he wanted to shoot him. it was in fact Zimmerman screaming for help, not Trayvon. at this point, i feel, if Zimmerman actually legitimately feared that this kid may beat him to death (which it sounds like may have been the case), then regardless of how much of a racist prick he is, i am going to have to side with Zimmerman. if, however, he was just getting his ass kicked and decided to bring a gun to a fist fight, then fuck him. however, it is unlikely that we will ever know. regardless, that still doesn't mean that Zimmerman should have been let free. media reports that he was never detained are deceiving as well, however. Saford police actually wanted to arrest and charge him, but the county police told them they had insufficient evidence to do so and that, because Zimmerman claimed self-defense and people are innocent until proven guilty in the U.S., they had to let him go. is this right? honestly, i don't know because i am not an investigator, nor have i personally seen the evidence. this is such a hard case to judge! i just hope that the right decision gets made at this point, whether or not i understand it myself.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Thursday, 29/Mar/12, 4:03 AM | Message # 8

Heads
When he called the police though, he was told not to follow Trayvon, but he was following him

But this is what Zimmerman's father is claiming happened, don't know if they're just saying that so his son doesn't get arrested. I know its a whole different story but I saw another story of another black man who also lived in a gated community like the one Trayvon lived in, and he was constantly harassed by neighbours because he was black in a rich neighbourhood

prozac26 Date: Thursday, 29/Mar/12, 9:23 AM | Message # 9

Emcees
Zimmerman claim Trayvon attacked him, but there's a new video from the night of the shooting. There's no blood, no broken nose, doesn't look like Zimmerman was in a fight.

http://abcnews.go.com/US....9660543

Nalin' Palin

NtG Date: Thursday, 29/Mar/12, 4:57 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
apparently, while Zimmerman was following him, Trayvon actually attacked first and Zimmerman may have actually feared for his life as Trayvon may have actually been beating Zimmerman's head into the concrete. he may have even at one point tried to go for Zimmerman's gun, suggesting to Zimmerman that he wanted to shoot him.

I don't know if that story is true or not, BUT if you were a 17 year old kid walking by yourself at night and some creepy guy was following you, wouldn't you get scared and start fighting him? You can claim Trayvon was using self-defense against Zimmerman if that is the case.

[deleted]
eboyd Date: Friday, 30/Mar/12, 3:34 AM | Message # 11

Heads
Quote (NtG)
I don't know if that story is true or not, BUT if you were a 17 year old kid walking by yourself at night and some creepy guy was following you, wouldn't you get scared and start fighting him? You can claim Trayvon was using self-defense against Zimmerman if that is the case.

i wouldn't attack him because that's just not in my character. i'd probably run as fast as i could to get to my dad's house and try my hardest to avoid any kind of confrontation. this doesn't seem to be what Trayvon did. of course that doesn't justify him being shot and killed, but if he really was having his head beaten into the concrete and truly had a justifiable reason to believe he may be killed (and he has a witness corroborating that this is the case), then i am inclined to side with Zimmerman. of course if the case is anything other than this, which still seems to be a good possibility, then i feel that Zimmerman at least deserves a manslaughter conviction.

Quote (prozac26)
Zimmerman claim Trayvon attacked him, but there's a new video from the night of the shooting. There's no blood, no broken nose, doesn't look like Zimmerman was in a fight.

http://abcnews.go.com/US....9660543

yeah, i caught that last night. this whole thing is just so fucking confusing idk what to think anymore.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Treach Date: Friday, 30/Mar/12, 11:29 AM | Message # 12

OGs
the coroners report showed no signs of fighting either

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
eboyd Date: Friday, 30/Mar/12, 1:44 PM | Message # 13

Heads
didn't hear that. thanks for the update. does that mean Trayvon's knuckles weren't chewed up from punching Zimmerman?

another witness came forward, btw, and told Anderson Cooper that he saw scuffling, heard the gunshot, and then saw Zimmerman standing there looking a bit nervous, but not appearing physically harmed. the twists and turns in this story are really fucking with me lol. at this point i feel the least that should be done is that Zimmerman should be arrested and should face a trial. there's enough evidence contradicting his story for that at this point.

btw, Democracy Now! reported on a far clearer and more under reported story with similarities to this one regarding a 68 year old black war veteran who was shot and killed in his home by police in November a couple of days ago:

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Treach Date: Friday, 30/Mar/12, 2:45 PM | Message # 14

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
does that mean Trayvon's knuckles weren't chewed up from punching Zimmerman?

yeah pretty much.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18....on-body

"We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle [or] there had been a fight," he said. "The hands -- I didn't see any knuckles, bruises or what have you. And that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there."

"We took pride in intellect and skill
Now you gotta have some sex appeal to get a record deal"
- K-RINO
EmSeeD Date: Saturday, 31/Mar/12, 3:45 AM | Message # 15

Heads

doesn't look like a person who had his head pummelled into concrete, no blood on him anywhere either

that story is obviously bullshit

you really think a story from the guys father who wasn't even there wouldn't be suspect?

On a side note, I always see killers parents swear that their child was a good child and they were innocent when they turned out to be anything but, some parents are more worried that it makes them look like bad parents or that they're partly to blame so they convince themselves their child was innocent

Forum » Off-Topic » Regular Off-Topic » Trayvon Martin Saga
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: