[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: El_Matador, Aristotle, s0dr2  
Forum » Off-Topic » Polls, Games, & Surveys » Recommendation Game (Looking for a specific sound, but you can't find it?)
Recommendation Game
Adam Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 0:05 AM | Message # 1

B-Girls
You start by describing a sound you are looking for, maybe even using some classifying terms, and the next person will recommend a couple of albums or (if you specify) songs. Then if he/she (HESHE) is looking for a certain sound, they would then describe it as said.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Adam Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 0:06 AM | Message # 2

B-Girls
I am looking for that unorthodox sound that is like Dr. Octagon with awkward beats, and what not. That whole space and pink pickles type mentality would be nice to.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 3:32 AM | Message # 3

Heads
Well, idk who else would provide the space/pink pickles mentaility other than Doc Oc/Kool Keith/Dr. Dooom/etc., but I can recommend a few other unorthodox albums and also a few other Kool Keith joint that may be comparable.

-I already mentioned Deltron 3030 to you
-Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
-El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
-Aesop Rock - Labor Days (also has some Automator production) or None Shall Pass
-Dalek - Abandoned Language

Keith albums:

Dr. Dooom (idk the name of the album. It's the first Dooom album. And yes, it is Dooom with 3 o's. I didn't get it before.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 7:33 AM | Message # 4

B-Girls
I had that cannibal ox but I never really listened. So I'm going to get that and I'll sleep when your dead. Maybe aesop rock, but I just think his voice is to awkward.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 9:12 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Ok, sounds good.

As for me, I'm looking for something with complex dynamic fluctuation. You know, a piece of music that is sophisticated and goes somewhere, like classical or jazz music, only hip hop or hip hop related instead. A vocalist, specifically an emcee if possible, is preferred but not required. It can be instrumental hip hop as well. If there is an emcee, however, I would expect what is being said to be quite profound.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 6:17 PM | Message # 6

B-Girls
I am not sure if a specific mc like you described has been invented yet.

eboyd Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 6:31 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Like I said, no need for an emcee, but if possible, I would hope for it. Saul Williams fits this as an emcee and many instrumental artists do as well such as Prefuse 73, Boards of Canada, Massive Attack, etc., and some groups that have vocalists but not emcees, like Massive Attack and Portishead, exist, but I'm looking for another one, possibly one that is less experimental, but just more complex and profound. Oh, I almost forgot Dalek, Scorn, Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, Spearhead....

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Thursday, 12/Nov/09, 9:27 PM | Message # 8

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
As for me, I'm looking for something with complex dynamic fluctuation. You know, a piece of music that is sophisticated and goes somewhere, like classical or jazz music, only hip hop or hip hop related instead. A vocalist, specifically an emcee if possible, is preferred but not required. It can be instrumental hip hop as well. If there is an emcee, however, I would expect what is being said to be quite profound.

hmm what about this ?? this sounds good

eboyd Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 1:03 AM | Message # 9

Heads
Man, THANKS! That was a GREAT recommendation! I'd heard of them but never got around to hearing them and now I regret waiting this long! Thx menace. That shit was dope as fuck!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 2:14 AM | Message # 10

Emcees
I am looking for a sound like Crass, Verbal Abuse, Conflict, and other real punk (THANK YOU MENACE FOR MAKING ME UN-BLIND TO TRUE PUNK ROCK! I really do like alot of it.)

also, I'm looking for a song/artist with songs like "Aqueous Transmission" and "Echo" by Incubus

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 11:22 AM | Message # 11

Heads
no problem man we all need to keep open minds because its healthy for our psychical , and hmm what about this Taylor ?? is this what you searching for ?

eboyd Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 11:56 AM | Message # 12

Heads
Menace, why don't you ask for any recommendations?

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Menace Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 12:30 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
Menace, why don't you ask for any recommendations?

well OK i will . I want something resembling Neo Soul but not necessarily Neo Soul . The sound to resemble Neo Soul but the lyrics to be very abstract

ilikebacon3000 Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 1:47 PM | Message # 14

Emcees
^Ahhh shit. I'm not gonna lie. I don't know anything about neo-soul. Can someone familiarize me with the genre?
Also, menace, I did in fact like the songs, especially subvert.
But have you heard "So what" by Crass? I want to hear that sorta "Fuck you. I dont know you, but fuck you because you suck." type of sound.

Life's a bitch and I'm just along for the ride.
Menace Date: Friday, 13/Nov/09, 2:36 PM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (ilikebacon3000)
But have you heard "So what" by Crass? I want to hear that sorta "Fuck you. I dont know you, but fuck you because you suck." type of sound.

but anarcho-punk like Crass and Conflict is not " Fuck you. I dont know you, but fuck you because you suck." type of sound" in " So What ? " the lyrics are against Jesus and Christian so called morality in fact Crass have some pretty smart lyrics.

OK then Taylor what about these songs :

Forum » Off-Topic » Polls, Games, & Surveys » Recommendation Game (Looking for a specific sound, but you can't find it?)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: