[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Album Rate & Review: INI (Pete Rock) - "Center of Attention"
Album Rate & Review: INI (Pete Rock) - "Center of Attention"
How Would You Rate This Album?
1. 100-90% Real [ 2 ] [66.67%]
2. 89-80% Real [ 1 ] [33.33%]
3. 79-70% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. 69-60% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. 59-50% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. 49-40% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
7. 39-30% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
8. 29-20% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
9. 19-10% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
10. 9-0% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 3
eboyd Date: Monday, 01/Feb/10, 4:47 PM | Message # 1

Heads
i'd give this album like 93%. amazing album. an underrated classic. idk why this album doesn't have 5 mics in The Source. shit is fucking dope. arguably Pete Rock's most consistent production ever can be found on this album and Grap Luva, Pete and co all come with some nice rhymes. if you haven't heard this, DON'T SLEEP! go dl it, buy a copy, whatever. just give it a listen. it's well worth it. one of the best hip hop albums i've listened to in it's entirety in a long time.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Tuesday, 02/Feb/10, 6:26 AM | Message # 2

Heads
BUMP! because people are SLEEPING!!!!!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Tuesday, 02/Feb/10, 10:40 AM | Message # 3

Heads
I've heard some tracks from that album, "Fakin Jax" and "Grown Man Sport". I borrowed that album from my homeboy today, I'll give it a listen later. And then, I will drop my review

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

J-Breakz Date: Tuesday, 02/Feb/10, 1:37 PM | Message # 4

Heads
Pete Rock is the greatest producer

livin life like some cheesy movie
eboyd Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 5:11 AM | Message # 5

Heads
i wouldn't say greatest ever, but he is up there in the top ten. i can't really comment on how the production compares to PR's production overall because i haven't even heard the entire "Mecca and the Soul Brother" album, but this is definitely a very consistent album in terms of production and you fucks are SLEEPING!!!!

Quote (El_Matador)
I've heard some tracks from that album, "Fakin Jax" and "Grown Man Sport". I borrowed that album from my homeboy today, I'll give it a listen later. And then, I will drop my review

HURRY UP!!! :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 5:11 AM | Message # 6

Heads
i wouldn't say greatest ever, but he is up there in the top ten. i can't really comment on how the production compares to PR's production overall because i haven't even heard the entire "Mecca and the Soul Brother" album, but this is definitely a very consistent album in terms of production and you fucks are SLEEPING!!!!

Quote (El_Matador)

HURRY UP!!! :D

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 7:49 AM | Message # 7

B-Girls

First three places is like illmatic and then enta da stage, and then cunninl. a piece of strange, and then center of attention is the last place. Meh.. LOL Nah I might maybe possible listen to this eventually.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 2:38 PM | Message # 8

Heads
idk where should I start. Best productions from P Rock. Album is almost unknown maybe because it came out officialy as a part of P Rock's Lost And Found cd. Pete did a great job, showed that he deserves for the "master of sampling" crown. I used to call him Pete Cock, but now he got my respect back. LYRICALLY (keyword) the crew reminds me of Hieroglyphics a bit. Emcees did their job on the record, one of em even drop spit in french, but I know which one. Rob-O deserves to be honorably mentioned. His smooth, reciting-ass delivery earned him alot of love and respect in underground and in 2007 he dropped a solo album. I can't say which tracks are standouts cos whole album is ill (even 0:13 long reggae-ass intro), but my favs are "The Life I Live", "Grown Man Sport" and "Don't You Love It". Cop that album, pay for that. It's defo worth of buying.

And if you want more music like "Center Of Attention" cop Rob-O's solo album "Rhyme Pro", produced in 80% by Pete Rock in good INI style.

JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 6:18 PM | Message # 9

Heads
What about "No More Words"? That's one of my fav songs on the album.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 6:23 PM | Message # 10

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
What about "No More Words"? That's one of my fav songs on the album.

I got no more words to say how that album is dope lolol I love that bassline on "No More Words", and, once again, Rob-O stole the show

Uncharted Date: Thursday, 18/Feb/10, 8:49 PM | Message # 11

Emcees
only heard a couple songs from them, one of them was on the petestrumentals LP which was a remix and fakin jax

El_Matador Date: Wednesday, 10/Nov/10, 11:35 PM | Message # 12

Heads
Y'all will hate me for that, but I prefer grimey Pete's beats on CoA than soulful ones on projects with CL.

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 10/Nov/10, 11:46 PM | Message # 13

Heads
i haven't heard any full PR&CL albums yet, but i think i'm going to agree with you.

the album is dope as a whole but doesn't have any tracks that you would necessarily call "stand out" (even the single "Fakin' Jax" just kind of blends in, which may account for its being shelved by the label), but is just amazing as a whole. most slept on classic? i think so.

that said, i do have songs that i would specifically say are my favorites: "No More Words", "Center of Attention", and the ones El Mat mentioned.

also, the songs were placed in a rather odd order, as i found the last several songs from track 11 onward to be the best on the album, whereas most artists place their best tracks at the beginning of the album (unless the album is just so solid that they don't know which to put first because they're all so dope, which may have been the issue here).

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

s0dr2 Date: Thursday, 11/Nov/10, 2:38 AM | Message # 14

OGs
Quote (eboyd)
i haven't even heard the entire "Mecca and the Soul Brother" album

talk about sleeping, thats my favorite hip hop album lol

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

El_Matador Date: Thursday, 11/Nov/10, 11:50 AM | Message # 15

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
the album is dope as a whole but doesn't have any tracks that you would necessarily call "stand out"

if we speak on catchy tracks, I'd pick "The Life I Live", "Don't You Love It" and maybe "Grown Man Sport" LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAA

Quote (eboyd)
also, the songs were placed in a rather odd order, as i found the last several songs from track 11 onward to be the best on the album, whereas most artists place their best tracks at the beginning of the album (unless the album is just so solid that they don't know which to put first because they're all so dope, which may have been the issue here).

yeah, I had the same problem with it, so I put all the tracks in my own order :D

still tho', I need to own the original CD someday

Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Album Rate & Review: INI (Pete Rock) - "Center of Attention"
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: