[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Login:
Password:
New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS · Profile · Logout
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Aristotle, s0dr2, ThaScience  
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Agent X - Modus Operandi (rate & review that shit son!)
Agent X - Modus Operandi
How would you rate it?
1. 100-90% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
2. 89-80% Real [ 2 ] [40.00%]
3. 79-70% Real [ 2 ] [40.00%]
4. 69-60% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. 59-50% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
6. 49-40% Real [ 1 ] [20.00%]
7. 39-30% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
8. 29-20% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
9. 19-10% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
10. 9-0% Real [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 5
eboyd Date: Saturday, 15/Oct/11, 7:45 PM | Message # 1

Heads
alright, so for those of you who have already heard the album (producers who contributed), please rate and review the album here. for those of you who have yet to hear it, get your $5 ready for October 18th (next Tuesday if you are reading this on the day i wrote it) and get ready to download the album and tell me what you think! here's where you dl it:

http://agentx.bandcamp.com

and please don't just give a half-assed rate and review, or just rate it, because i want to use peoples' input for promotion :D thanks

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

"True poetry can communicate before it is understood"

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Lord_Meth Date: Saturday, 15/Oct/11, 10:33 PM | Message # 2

Heads
About time Percee P..I mean Agent X..Tuesday, this will be going on my debt card.

Sick With It
eboyd Date: Saturday, 15/Oct/11, 10:57 PM | Message # 3

Heads
lol alright man, i hope you enjoy it.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 0:27 AM | Message # 4

Heads
maybe you mnemonic and his guys should do a release party for it

http://chirbit.com/emseed
http://youtube.com/siwooot
eboyd Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 1:33 AM | Message # 5

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
maybe you mnemonic and his guys should do a release party for it

if we did we would have had to schedule it long before... i'll think about doing that if and when i release a physical copy though.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

El_Matador Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 3:00 PM | Message # 6

Heads
The album starts with a short-ass intro. I wish it could be longer because it's pretty smart, actually you might even think that Erik is an educated and intelligent guy :D "The shadow that one casts will fade as he passes".
Another song is the "Heartaches and Pain" that been floating around our universe since 2009 (if I'm not mistaken).
It has a dope beat from Unite C and a crazy hook but I'm not sure if I like the way Erik described his pain. It doesn't sound like a pain to me but that's the private opinion of mine.
"Wargods" is another recycled track. Idk if Erik did the right thing to release so many songs from an album that contains only 10 tracks. Just because you guys know "Wargods" very well, I'm not going to describe how good it is 'cause ya already know.
"Tyranny" is produced by Erik himself I guess. A very nice violin sample with a great hook but it gets repetitive after a while. The subject matter is just more bragga from Erik but, unlike in "Wargods", here you got a nice showcase of Erik's bountiful vocabulary (lol).
"Zonin'" is an alternative hip-hop at its best. It took me awhile to like this song but now I think it's great. Another well-crafted Unite's beat and some clever metaphors from Erik.
"Refreshing" is the most positive track on the album. It gives listener a good feeling. Produced by G-Ammo, it's one of his earliest beats. Featured verse from Mnemonic is one of the best verses I heard from M.
"American Terror & Hypocrisy" is something that peeps from Guerilla Republik and AIM are going to like the most from Erik's project. Agent X got some sick-ass flow and ANGRY BASED... ummm I mean, THE ANGRY SWAGG!
Erik pointed out the most important things that government wouldn't like anyone to talk about. Produced by Mnemonic, very decent beat with ear-drilling horns.
"Who Am I" is produced by me and easily is the best track on the album (altho' my favourite is "Modus Operandi"). I don't want to review my own song, so my RHHF fam, do the judgment by yourself and post your opinions here. But, Jesus, that beat is AMAZING! :D
"Ledge of Sanity" is the second song produced by me, a dark minimalistic beat beautifuly fits Erik's bloody braggadocio.
"Melancholy Molly" is my least favourite track on the album. Altho' the storytelling about that poor bitch Molly is very clever and we realize that world is full of Mollies like that but the beat... is too cacophonic. Some of you might like it but I don't. Nevertheless, the story is very good and I enjoyed it.
"Modus Operandi" is my favourite track on the album. Magical, experimental beat from Unite combined with excellent "wise shittalk" from Erik gives you an eargasm. Song is VERY hypnotizing when you listen to it with your headphones on. It reminds me much of "Cycle Of Life".

8+/10

+
>dope lyrics
>dope beats
>great debut album

-
>too short
>Erik should get his gingiva slapped for wasting "Flores Magon" (check the mixtape)
>no sex songs

MENACE 2 JOKER: Go back to Mexico you damn spic
JOKER 2 MENACE: Shut up you fake nigga your a damn sand nigger not a full nigger

eboyd Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 4:23 PM | Message # 7

Heads
Quote (El_Matador)
Erik should get his gingiva slapped for wasting "Flores Magon" (check the mixtape)

lol i already explained why that didn't end up on the album. i really wanted it to make it on there though.

Quote (El_Matador)
no sex songs

rofl

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 8:06 PM | Message # 8

Heads
was able to listen to it last night on eriks bandcamp :D

really impressed, Love the songs Refreshing, Who Am I, American Terror & Hypocrisy & Modus Operandi are my favourite songs from it, the Intro was also really dope, but my favourite from the whole thing is Refreshing

You should really do a video for Who Am I, maybe go to an occupy protest in cali and use footage from that

eboyd Date: Sunday, 16/Oct/11, 9:07 PM | Message # 9

Heads
Quote (EmSeeD)
was able to listen to it last night on eriks bandcamp :D

really impressed, Love the songs Refreshing, Who Am I, American Terror & Hypocrisy & Modus Operandi are my favourite songs from it, the Intro was also really dope, but my favourite from the whole thing is Refreshing

You should really do a video for Who Am I, maybe go to an occupy protest in cali and use footage from that

thanks man! you'd better buy a copy still though <_< lol. nah, but with all the help you gave me i owe you a free copy anyways and so i'll probably ask you to buy a download copy but give you a free copy when i get it pressed up.

anyways, glad to hear different people liking different songs. i wanted to get an array of different tastes in hip hop music to like different things about it and it sounds like i met my goal. and that Occupy Wall Street footage idea is a great one! thanks for that!

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

eboyd Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 4:49 AM | Message # 10

Heads
bump ^_^

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 11:13 PM | Message # 11

Heads
what happened to the songs The God Hand Technique, Mastermind & Cycle of Life, they weren't on your mixtape or album

eboyd Date: Monday, 17/Oct/11, 11:40 PM | Message # 12

Heads
"Mastermind" and "God Hand Technique" are for my project with Unite that I plan to get started on after I make some money off of this album, and I need to re-record "Cycle of Life" before putting it out in any form. You're right though, I probably should've put it on the mixtape.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

EmSeeD Date: Tuesday, 18/Oct/11, 10:25 PM | Message # 13

Heads
Quote (eboyd)
and that Occupy Wall Street footage idea is a great one! thanks for that!

man you and mnemonic should figure out a way to do a performance of the song there

btw the album is out now, at least is in NZ time

i'll buy a copy later today

eboyd Date: Wednesday, 19/Oct/11, 0:59 AM | Message # 14

Heads
Ironically Mnemonic just texted me and said we need to shoot a music video so I told him about the idea. He was saying we should do a video for "Wargods" though but I disagree. Either way, the plan is to record a music video on Saturday.

my new theme song

erikboyd60@hotmail.com

-T.S. Eliot

battle record:

7-0-0

Adam Date: Wednesday, 19/Oct/11, 6:23 AM | Message # 15

B-Girls
Is it all organized now because the one I got was all over the place.

But I liked all the songs really nice beats and they complimented your voice really well. I don't like choruses so I generally didn't like them on any of your songs tbh.

I JUST EXPLODED INTO RAINBOWS AND LOLLIPOPS!
Forum » Real HIP HOP Forever » Rate & Review Music » Agent X - Modus Operandi (rate & review that shit son!)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: